Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Two souls ... two destinies ❯ Time to regret and to cry [Part II] ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: What the hell! Are you from this planet? How could you possible think that I, my person, owned that beautiful ESCAFLOWNE. Of course, that I'm sure you never thought of it. I don't own it, at least not the originals. But I do own all the characters that don't appear in the show or mangas. I also own the story, the idea and everything else. I was the one to imagine it (although I could have imagined something better!)

Aha! Got to the second part! But who is going to regret and cry this time? Hitomi and Zardus, again? I don't think so … but you'll know it when you read, just READ! (And enjoy it)

The vision of Escaflowne: Two souls … two destinies

Chapter 12: Time to regret and to cry (Part II).

#Previously: Zardus attacked the palace, cause he was jealous. Next Marta and Van had a more … intimate moment. Then Allen gone to Celena's room and she thought he was her beloved Sorú. Now what?#

Celena moaned a little and putted her arms around Allen's neck. He gasped, seeing that she was going to kiss him. - "Sorú!"

"CELENA!"- She wake up and looked from side to side, trying to understand what happened. When she saw her brother, she yelled in surprised and covered her naked body with the sheets.

"B-Brother?!" - he got up and turned his back on her.

"I didn't knew you slept in such … `manners'!" - Celena blushed furiously. - "And who's that Sorú?" - Sorú, that was still inside the wardrobe, gasped hearing his name.

"He is … no one, brother! Why did you came here?" - he smirked and turned to her, again.

"Have you seen Mika? I need to talk to her! Kokato said she gone somewhere, but doesn't know where!" - Celena looked puzzled.

"She said nothing to me!" - Allen sighed and left the room, saying goodnight to his sister.

As soon as he was out, she sighed in relief and called out for Sorú. The wardrobe's door cracked and Sorú came out.

"That was close!" - he walked to the bed and sat on the edge of it. - "I'd better get going my love!" - he kissed her full in the lips, and prepared to go out from the window, when Celena grabbed his left arm and pulled him back to the bed.

"Stay … just a little longer!" - he smiled and decided to stay … just a little longer …

~*~*~

Marta opened her eyes. She could see the starry sky outside. She was embracing Van's warm body, only sheets covered them. The curtains agitated with the slight breeze.

She had one of her hands behind his head, and the other above his heart. One of his hands, was grabbing her hand, the other was around her waist. He was asleep, like an angel. She rubbed her face on his chest, and then suddenly, she sat up. Tears started to flow from her green eyes.

Van woke up from her sudden `jump', sat up, and started to worry when he saw her crying.

"Marta? What happened?" - she said nothing and continued to cry, with her face hidden on her hands. - "Marta please … tell me what's wrong." - he slightly touched her arm and she dived her head on his chest. He waited for her to recover. Meanwhile he was cherishing her hair and whispering sweet things to her hear. She started to calm down and stopped crying, but hugged him closer. He smiled and kissed her hair.

"I'm sorry Van! But now I remember..." - she did not finished her phrase. He pulled her back a little and looked into her beautiful green eyes.

"You remember what?" - she looked away. She couldn't stand the way his eyes `hypnotized' her.

"Everyone knows I'm Kamatary … or at least I probably am! When I woke up, I remembered something …" - she got up and started to get dressed. First her underwear, then her pants …

"What?" - he got up, with a sheet covering his down parts.

"Van, this should never had happened!" - his eyes wined up in disbelief.

"Why?" - he grabbed her arms and forced her to look at him. - "Tell me why!"

"I can't … I can't tell you why!" - she released from his hands and turned her back on him. - "Besides… you love her! You love Hitomi!" - His face changed to one of anger, hearing her words.

"I don't LOVE HITOMI!" - now he was the one to turn his back. - "You can't tell me who I love, or who I don't love! I don't love her anymore!"

"Forget what just happened! This was nothing!" - Van looked astonished. «Nothing? This meant nothing to her?»

"So that's it! I was just one more guy on your long list! RIGHT?" - her eyes wined up in disbelief.

"No! I …" - she turned around again.

"SHUT UP! Go away if you want! After all, I was just some guy who slept with you one night! JUST ONE MORE!" - She started to cry. She picked up her shirt and tennis, and then left the room. Van sat on the bed and a single tear came from his eyes.

~*~*~

Allen was getting out from his private quarters, when he heard and saw Marta running from Van's to her room. He scratched his head and sighed.

Marta threw herself over the bed, crying out like she never did before.

`Knock, knock', someone was outside.

"Live me alone!" - she said to whoever was outside.

"It's me Allen! What's going on?" - she didn't answer, just cried, so Allen entered and closed the door behind him. - "Marta! What happened?" - she got up and putted on her shirt, still crying. Allen approached and hugged her.

She hugged him back and started crying on his chest. - "Calm down! What happened between you and Van?" - Marta calmed down and sat on a chair. Allen picked other chair, and placed it in front of Marta, taking a seat.

"Why do you ask about him?" - she asked, looking down at her feet.

"Cause, some time ago … maybe hours. I walked in front of his room, and couldn't let hearing you two!" - Marta blushed furiously and shacked her hands nervously.

"I …" - he smiled and placed her hands between his.

"No need for that! I just want to know why are you crying!" - she looked up at him and sighed.

"Nothing should've had happened between me and Van! I just wanted us to be friends!" - she kneeled on the floor and putted her face between her hands, starting to cry again. - "He just called me a slut!" - Allen kneeled too and hugged her. - "I could bare it from anyone … but not from him! I thought he was the only one to understand me!" - she continued to cry on his chest. Allen softly cherished her short black hair, trying to calm her down.

"Do you love him?" - she looked up at him with awe. Then she looked down again.

"I don't know! Sometimes I think I do, and sometimes I think it's just friendship!" - he sighed.

"Does he love you?" - she got up on her feet.

"And how am I suppose to know! But I think not!" - Allen got up too.

"Why?" - she turned her back on him and cleaned the tears from her eyes.

"Cause … well … I don't know!" - he smiled and turned around, ready to leave.

"I think he does love you! But he doesn't like to express his feelings! Maybe he is still too insecure about you!" - he got out, just when Marta turned around ready to ask him something.

The night was calm and a shooting-star passed by her sight. But this time … she wished nothing.

~*~*~

Next morning:

Marta woke up dizzy. Her pillow was soaked from her tears. Her hair was all messed up, from what she had done on Van's room. But worst of all was her conciseness. She only remembered one thing, but that was enough to ruin it all.

She couldn't blame Van. He had been wonderful, and he made her fell a real woman for the first time in her life. But that stupid memory … she had preferred not to have it. She was almost beginning to cry again, but she fought against it and got up. She took off her clothes and opened the shower tap. She entered the shower and left the water fell down her whole body. It felt good, warm … just like last night. She shacked her head, as if that would vanish the wonderful memories she had. She hides her face between her hands. She had to admit she was in love with him … or she was completely crazy. Either of them was not good, considering what she now knows. She washed herself and got out. She cleaned herself with the towel and chose a blue celestial dress, with sleeves and dark-blue bodice. When she was tying it, she couldn't let thinking of him … his warm hands around her ………… that was driving her crazy and she decided that she had to make him hate her. That was better than having him tempting her all the time … cause she knew she would fall if he did it.

She opened the door that leaded to the corridor, and got face to face with Van (that was also leaving his private quarters).

… Silence …

They both started walking to the dinning-room, together, and yet … separated. None of them said a word. They entered and each sat down on their places.

"Good morning to you both!" - said a smiling Mika. - "What's the matter?" - she asked as none of them answered. They sighed and looked down at their plates and glass of juice. - "Haven't sleep well …" - she got out from the room, by a small door on the right corner of the room.

The main door opened. A happy Kokato came in. - "Good morning Van and M-Marta …" - Van and Marta looked up in awe. Kokato looked strangely at them. - "Is everything alright?" - he asked concerned.

"No Kokato!" - the very first words Van said on that morning.

"Well you sure look a little … down!" - Van gave him an annoying look and Kokato gasped. - "Well! I came here to report the damages from yesterday! It looks like the victims were less than we expected and the damages to the city were minors too." - Van crossed his arms and sat upright on the chair.

"How many? How many people have died?" - Marta looked at him. But she immediately regretted it. That stupid electric shock that told her to hug him and kiss him. It was almost unbearable.

"Well … six Milord!" - Van sighed in relief.

"I thought there would be thousands of them! Good news for a change!" - indirect speech to Marta. She knew it but didn't look at him. -"Kokato make sure they have a proper funeral. And for now … you're dismissed! - Kokato bowed and left. … Silence … none of them even touched their breakfast. Van holded his head between his hands.

"Good morning Marta!" - Marta smiled.

"You only saw me now?" - she asked between small laughs.

"No! But I was waiting for you to say it first!" - she stopped. She could sense that he was very angry about the whole thing. - "Was I that bad?" - he asked while seating back.

"What do you mean with that?" - their eyes met each other for the first time in the morning.

"As you are very experienced … you can compare me with the others!" - Marta's eyes showed her full hate.

"Shut the fuck up!" - she got up from her seat.

"What?! Now you're angry? AND WHAT ABOUT ME? Did you thought about me when you said those things last night?" - he got up too and walked close to her.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" - he smirked and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Right! You're the holly goddess! You're the one who suffers! No one else does it! RIGHT?" - she watched him. She knew he was only saying those things cause he was hurt …

"Van … I …" - «Remember what you remembered last night! Forget him! Make him hate you!» she was too confused. On one side she didn't wanted Van to hate her and treat her as she was an `easy girl', but on the other side … - "You don't understand! We can't have any kind of relationship … please … try to understand!" - he walked by and grabbed her arms.

"Understand what, if you don't tell me! You don't trust me, that's the problem!" - she looked down at her feet, but he grabbed her chin and forced to look up. - "I thought you liked it!" - `Bang!' Van was almost crying and it was all her fault. She couldn't stand it. «The fuck with what I know!»

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. Of course he retrieved the kiss. Van putted his arms around her waist and his hands travelled along her backs. Meanwhile, her hands were `searching' every corner of his back, nape and hair.

The two were completely lost in their lovingly kiss, when the door opened. The two opened their eyes, still kissing. They froze and spread out has they saw Hitomi, that blushed understanding that she had come in a bad time.

"S-Sorry!" -she said, lowering her head.

"No … we're sorry!" - Van and Marta nervously said, while the three were seating down.

"Ah! Hitomi-san! You came early today!" - Mika just entered the room and complimented Hitomi. She nodded and started having breakfast. Van and Marta did the same.

"Hitomi?" - Hitomi looked up at Marta who had called her. -"I need to talk to you … that is … if you don't mind!" - Hitomi nodded.

When the two girls finished their breakfast, they got up from their seat and walked to the door., but Marta stopped as soon as she heard Van's call.

"Marta?" - she turned around and saw him smiling at her, still on his royal seat. - "We need to talk! Tonight!" - she blushed and nodded as they run off the room and closed the big doors.

"Hitomi! I want to apologise for what I said last night! That was really stupid of me I …"- she stopped when Hitomi placed her hand on Marta's lips.

"You were right! It was my entire fault! I've talked to Zardus … and we'll meet tonight!" - she smiled. - "And apologies accepted!" - she pushed Marta to follow her. - "By the way … I didn't knew that you and Van had … something …" - Marta blushed furiously.

"I-It's not what it looks like …" - Hitomi smiled and the two went for a ride.

~*~*~

"Mika?" - Allen called out as he run trough the dinning-room, surprising Mika and Van. - "Where the hell have you been girl?" - he grabbed her left arm ad forced her to follow him out of the room. Van just looked astonished, not understanding a thing.

"Allen! I'm working you know?" - he stopped on the middle of the corridor, still grabbing her arm.

"Where were you last night?" - she got angry.

"And since when I've got to give you any explanation?" - he smiled. She looked even more beautiful when she was angry. - "I have my life you know? What if I was dating someone?"

"I was just worried! I just want to know if you're ok! After we talked you run away, mad. You could've got hurt or something!" - she relaxed a little and smiled back at him.

"I'm ok Allen! Thanks for asking!" - he let go of her arm and she made her way back to the dinning-room.

"Tough girl!" - he sighed and turned around, heading to the training-room.

~*~*~

Later in the afternoon:

"Merle … can I come in?" - No one answered. - "Merle, are you in there?" - Silence. Marta opened the door slightly and saw Merle laying on her bed, crying. - "Merle? What happened?" - she closed the door and got close to Merle.

Merle was her age, maybe a little older. Her pink hair was now longer; it reached the middle of her back. She was also taller, but not as mush as Marta. (Get this: Sano is taller than Van, that is as tall as Sorú and Christina that is taller than Allen, who is as tall as Drid and Zardus, that is taller than Marta, that is taller that Hitomi and Celena, Merle is the last on the list, being smaller than Celena. Get it?)

"Merle don't tell me … you're in love too!" - Merle nodded still with her face dived on the pillow. Marta grabbed her head with her hands, sighing heavily. - "I think the cupid is somewhere around here! Everyone is falling in love!" - Marta looked from side o side, as if searching for the cupid. Merle sat up ad whipped her tears away. - "Who is it?"

"Seico!" - Marta lifted an eyebrow.

"The new guy from Van's army? God Merle! Love at first sight?" - Merle nodded and Marta sighed. - "Why are you crying? I think he is a nice guy!" - Merle dived her face on Marta's chest, while crying. Marta cherished her hair, trying to calm her down.

"He hates cat people!" - Marta's eyes wined up.

"WHAT?" - she kissed Merle's hair. - "I'm sorry Merle! But how do you now that?"

"He told Allen yesterday! But he … looked so nice to me!" - Marta stood with her along the afternoon. She knew something was wrong. Seico looked a nice guy and he treated Merle very politely … maybe too mush. This made no sense at all.

~*~*~

That night:

Hitomi was staring at the starry sky. Waiting for him … waiting for his words … waiting for her life to turn around at any second. She just stood there. When she felt two strong arms surrounding her waist from behind. She was about to yell, but a soft kiss on the neck stopped her.

"Good night!" - he said calmly.

"You scared me Zardus!" - he smiled and pressed her body against his. She dropped her head back on his shoulder, and her hands surrounded his. - "I presume that you've forgiven me!" - he gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"As usual … you presume well!" - she smiled. - "But …" - she froze. «What but?» - "I want to know all about you! Tonight!" - she blushed and got away from his embrace, scared like hell. He understood why she did it and smiled. - "Hitomi that's not I meant to say! I just said I want to know about your life … your family! Not that … I respect you, and will continuing doing it!" - she blushed even more. How could she even have thought about it?

"I-I'm sorry! It's just that …" - Zardus interrupted her, kissing her. She responded with the same passion as always.

~*~*~

Marta's private quarters:

"God damn it! God damn it! God damn it! …" - Marta muttered at herself. She was walking from one side to the other. - "THE HELL WITH THIS ALL!" - she knelled strongly on the floor and dived her head between her hands. She was so furious and nervous that she wanted to scream so hard, till her throat goes drowned. But she had to behave herself. She was on a Palace for God's sake!

The room was completely dark. The flame from a small candle blew with the soft breeze that came from the slightly open window. Marta was already on her white nightdress, her bed was already `messed up' cause she had already tried to get some sleep. But she didn't make it. That memory was driving her crazy. She started to cry loudly and she swung herself on the cold floor, hugging her legs against her chest. - "Mãe!" - (Portuguese word for mother). She dived her head between her legs and cried even loudly.

The wind got stronger and the window's `doors' hit each other strongly. Marta got up from the scare and closed the window, leaning her head against it. - "Memories … or maybe just my fears … questions … and no one to give me a proper answer …" - she turned around and got to the bed. Her eyes red from crying. She sat up on the bed, covering her frozen legs with the sheets. - "Happiness? I don't even know what that is! Why can't I be happy for a while? Why do all I have are doubts … doubts … and more doubts? Fears … memories … fears … sometimes I wonder if I'm not insane mother!" - she smiled to herself. - "I don't even know who my mother is!" - she lit up her legs and grabbed them with her arms. - "Questions … Who am I? Is Van my …" - she restarted crying. - "I wished I hadn't remembered anything! At least I could be happy with him!" - she lay down on he bed, grabbing her pillow tightly. - "I wonder why he doesn't know?" - she fell asleep, not noticing a presence that had been on her room since the wind got stronger.

The women walked by and placed a kiss on Marta's forehead. - "Rest for now … sister!" - she was gone, swallowed by the shadows.

~*~*~

Outside:

Hitomi had been talking to Zardus about her life on Earth, her family and many of the things that don't exist in Gaea. - "Now it's your time Zardus!" - she playfully said. He smiled and lay down on the grass. She leaned over him and placed her head on his chest.

"What do you want to know first?" - he asked, putting his arms around her.

"Mhm … Let's see …" - she stood thinking for a while. He gave a small laugh. - "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, nothing!" - he said, still laughing.

"Jerk!" - she muttered. His eyes wined up.

"WHAT?!" - he rolled over and was now on the top of her. - "Listen, little lady … I can bare anything … but not that!" - he said furious. She laughed. - "I don't know what's so funny Hitomi!" - she pushed him and kiss him full in the lips. Soon their tongues were `playing' with each other.

After some minutes, their lips separated. Zardus eyes showed passion, and yet hate. - "Don't ever say that again!" - her happy eyes became to ones of sadness.

"I'm sorry! I didn't meant to … just …" - he got up and turned his backs on her. - "Wait!" - she got up too. - "Stay! You still haven't told me about you! I want to know why are you attacking Fanelia!" - he smirked.

"You mean … Van!" - he turned around again and faced her. - "Seat down! This is going to be a long story!" - she did as he told her to, and he sat in front of her.

~*~*~

"WATCH OUT!" - an arrow passed right aside Sano's cheek. He turned around, angrier than ever. Christina gave him an `uncertain' look, from one who knew she had done something very wrong.

"You sure need to improve your aiming!" - he joked, putting his hands on his hips. She didn't like his comment.

"Hei! Take that back!" - he smirked and put his sword back.

"Why? I'm speaking the truth!" - she aimed another arrow at his face. - "What are you doing?"

People … guys … whatever … I'm getting nuts! I have the entire story on my head, but when I want to write it, the proper words don't come out! I'm getting nuts with this stuff!

Allen's lovers: I'm starting to hate Allen. As I said before, the series is still being transmitted in here, so I just saw the episode where he asks Hitomi in marriage. But he thinks he owns her or something? That scene on the church (or something like that) was a very stupid one. Allen is starting to put my nerves on, and Hitomi is so jerk that she lets him do it. `Uou! What's wrong with me? It's not their fault! The guy who wrote it (and very well) was the one to choose to put it that way. Anyway I like Van/Hitomi (Such a cute couple!).

I'm very contradictory, am I not? If I love V/H romance then why the hell don't I join them in this fic? Well, first cause I haven't finished my fan fiction yet, and you don't know what's going to happen next. And second cause … well … I like Van/Marta and Hitomi/Zardus. Such cute couples who are always fighting. But … and there's always a `but', I'll reconsider if you e-mail me (to nightangel@portugalmail.pt) and give me some good reasons why I should join the two (Hitomi and Van). I'll be waiting.

See you soon! Nice surprises on the next chapter and a very nice party! Don't forget to review!

***

#Ana Nunes#