Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Two souls ... two destinies ❯ Memories .. that aren't mine! ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Escaflowne, at least not the original characters that appear on the show or mangas.

But I do own my characters, and this story. That includes Marta, Yuki, Zardus, Ureshiu, Sano, Soru, Sotski, Seico, Mika, Farge, Drid and all the others that don't appear on the shows or mangas. By the way: does any one read these disclaimers? Am I writing to myself? Ok, Ok! I know I have to do this … God, Why don't I Own Escaflowne?

The vision of Escaflowne: Two souls … two destinies

Chapter 14: Memories … that aren't mine …

#Previously: PARTY! Fanelia's annual day. Marta tasted Piscus. She had to kiss Van, so he would not see Zardus and Hitomi. Then they found Seico who told them Merle was missing.#

"Have you seen Merle? She's missing since dinner!" - he asked, with a concerned look. Marta and Van got scared, where the hell could Merle be?

"S-She's probably dancing with the others, Seico!" - Van firmed. Seico started walking towards them. He had short dark-blue hair, nice yellow eyes and was a little bit taller than Van.

"Yeh! I'm sure that's it!" - Marta said smiling. Seico's expression didn't change a bit.

"I don't think so! She was crying when I last saw her! And she run away like mad!" - Seico sighed heavily.

"Why was she crying?" - Van asked concerned.

"I don't know!" - Seico firmed.

"Well, I know! I'll go find her!" - Marta run away, heading to the forest.

"What the fuck … Marta wait for me …" - Van yelled. He and Seico ran after her. Don't ask why, but she was way more fast then them. They entered the dark forest, just trusting her instincts. Marta was trying to listen to Merle, somewhere. She was almost certain that Merle was crying and that sooner or later she would hear her. Van and Seico ran as fast as they could not to get Marta out of their sight.

Marta finally heard something. She stopped. That place looked so familiar, and yet, she was sure she never had been there. Van and Seico caught up with her and Van smiled, trying to catch his breath and realizing where they were.

There was a huge skeleton from a dragon, some parts of the skeleton were covered by an old and tear red sheet. Merle was inside the skeleton, grabbing her legs against her chest and crying. Marta got closer and leaned over the skeleton.

"Hei … Merle! Why are you crying?" - she asked with a big smile on her face.

Merle looked up and her face lighted up, seeing her childhood friend … - "Kami … you came back!"

#Flashback#

"Merle! Get out! Let's play hide and seek!" - a beautiful little girl, with short black hair, entered the skeleton that used to be their 'home'. Inside was a little cat-girl. The black-haired-girl started chasing the cat-girl and the two run trough the forest. Merle hit against another figure, fell backwards and shacked her head.

"Yuki? Van-sama?" - Yuki leaned a hand to help Merle up. She accepted and got up.

"Are you ok Merle?" - Yuki asked, her eyes shining as the intense sun break trough the trees. Merle nodded and Yuki turned to her little sister. - "Kami! We have to go!" - Kami made a puffy face and run towards Van, grabbing his arms and pleading him not to let her sister take her away. Van smiled at his little friend. - "Come on Kami! It's almost lunchtime! Mother is going to be worried!" - Marta let go of Van, placed a kiss on his cheek and on Merle's, then she and Yuki got away, heading to their village and saying goodbye.

#End of Flashback#

Merle got up, left the inside of the skeleton and run to hug Marta. - "I missed you so mush!" - she rubbed her head on Marta's arm. Marta smiled and hugged her back. - "I knew you would come back some day … I knew it!" - Marta knew that Merle was happy, but she had to say who she was, although … she was also Kamatary.

"Merle, it's me … Marta!" - Merle froze. She could have sworn it was Kami. She got out of the embrace and stared at the floor. - "I'm sorry!" - Marta walked away, to the skeleton, and stared at him for a while. - "I could swear I know this place!" - Marta said, more to herself.

"It's normal, considering that we spent almost all our mornings in here!" - Van said, coming out from the shadows, along with Seico. Merle looked up, and all she wanted was to run away from there, but she stood still. Marta didn't look back, she knew who had talked.

"Who? Who spent here almost every mornings?" - Van walked and got to her side.

"Me, you, Merle and your sister Yuki!" - he said happily. - "I know you'll remember some day …" - his face turned to sadness remembering the last time they had been in there … just before the night she was gone … forever.

"How old was I when we met?" - she asked, looking at the moonlight, shining up in the sky.

"Three! I was six, Merle was three and your sister was … seven if I remember correctly …" - he made a questioning face and Marta smiled.

"Where's the village?" - she asked, becoming serious. Van also becomes sad. He aimed to their left.

"That way! If you want … I'll take you there!" - she said nothing for a while and then smiled, closing her eyes.

"No! I'll go there when I recover my full memories! It's better that way!"

"As you wish!" - Van grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer to him. - "You know … we give our first kiss right here!" - Marta blushed furiously and Merle started laughing uncontrollably.

"Yeh! And then Yuki and Balgus (here we call it Vargas … but anyway …) caught you and you couldn't look into each other's face for one week!" - she continued laughing. Marta let go of Van and walked to Merle.

"I don't know what's so funny Merle!" - Van said annoyed, putting his hands on his hips.

"Van, come on! You've got to admit it was some show! Yuki made a great storm about the deal! And you should've seen your faces … Oh God!" - she kneeled on the floor, not managing to stop the laugh.

"Felling better … I see!" - Van muttered to himself, smiling at his cat-friend. Marta smiled at Seico, who was a little far away from them. Marta got to his side.

"Merle told me you hated cat-people!" - Seico looked at her in awe, and then smiled.

"That's not true! I said that once, cause one of them killed my father. But I know not all of them are bad people!" - Marta smiled and made a scoffing smile.

"What do you think about Merle?" - she said it loudly enough so Merle and Van could hear it. Van and Merle turned their faces, but Seico didn't notice that.

"Oh Merle? Merle is a nice woman … girl … lady!" - he said blushing. Marta fought not to laugh. «Merle has nothing to worry about!» she thought to herself.

"So?" - she turned to Merle who had already got up. - "Shall we return to the party?" - Merle nodded. Marta run to Van's side and grabbed his right arm. Seico offered his to Merle and she accepted, smiling happily. They started walking towards the city. Marta and Van intentionally let them go alone, so they could speak more … intimately.

"You sure know how to join couples! Pity that you can't do that for us!" - Marta noticed the sarcasm on his words. She looked down and they continued walking trough the forest. After some time, Van stopped, close to a ravine, they both looked down and Van smiled.

"What's so funny?" - Marta asked, thinking he was completely crazy.

"This was the place where I was attacked by the dragon, then I fell down there and then was when you found me and healed me!" - Marta gasped as she looked again down there.

"Nice fall!" - she said sarcastically. - "I wonder how you survived till down there." - he smiled, remembering exactly what happened on that day.

"Lucky I guess!" - he looked at Marta and smiled again. - "Want to go down there?" - she looked at him with her eyes wide open.

"Are you crazy! How the hell …" - he took of his shirt and spread out his beautiful white wings. - " … Do you intend to go down?" - She gasped and caught a small feather that fell in front of her face. He picked her up and flew up in the sky. - "I thought we were going down!" - she said as he got higher and higher. She didn't mind at all, she was really enjoying her first fly … or what she thought it was her first fly.

"I want to show you something first!" - they flew in the distance, soon disappearing, mixing themselves with the stars.

~*~*~

"I was worried about you Lady Merle!" - Merle and Seico were still walking trough the dense and dark forest. - "I was almost giving up, when I found this two …" - Seico and Merle turn around, realizing that Marta and Van weren't there. Seico put his hands on hips and sighed. - "I wonder where they gone now!" - Merle smiled and forced Seico to continue their way to Fanelia.

"Probably … reviving sweet memories!" - Seico smiled, understanding exactly what she meant. They soon got back to the city, where everyone was happy and having fun … soon the two joined the party and started dancing among the crowd.

~*~*~

"We're here!" - Van started landing softly and he placed Marta on the floor. She smiled in awe at the sight. There was a huge lake, surrounded by trees and mountains. The moons made a beautiful reflex on the water.

"I-It's beautiful! But … why do you brought me here?" - she asked turning around to look at him.

"We used to come here several times! This was the place where my father met my mother!" - he stepped forward, took his boots off and 'entered' the lake. Marta smiled and took off her shoes, doing the same as he. - "You loved to swim in here … as did all of us!" - Marta slightly lifted the skirt of her dress up, so it didn't get wet. Van didn't bother and his pants were getting all wet. - "Want to race? Let's see if you still win me on swimming." - Van dived on the lake and Marta opened her mouth in awe.

"Are you crazy?" - she almost yelled. He smiled at her and pulled her inside the lake too. She was angrier than ever, and the two starting launching water into each other, laughing like two crazy guys.

~*~*~

Merle was dancing with Seico, happily. At least now she knew that he didn't hated her or her people. Marta knew exactly how to cheer people up.

Fanelia's music was somewhat different from Earth's one, but yet, it was nice.

Seico made Merle gyrate and then someone grabbed her and pulled her out of the crowd. Seico followed.

"What the heck?" - Merle protested to whoever was pushing her. - "Let go!" - she fought against the strong person who was grabbing her, but nothing. Finally they stopped, close to a fountain, away from the crowd. - "What do you think you're doing?" - the 'person' let go of Merle and she massaged her pulses, Seico sheathed his sword and aimed to whoever touched Mere.

"Who are you and what did you do that for?" - she turned around. Her weird eyes looking deep into Seico's ones.

"Y-Yuki?!" - Yuki smiled, surprised that Merle still recognized her.

"Yes Merle! I want to know where's Marta!" - Merle placed her hands on her hips and smiled playfully at her old friend.

"Still protective of your sister, I see!" - Yuki smiled and closed her eyes, smirking. - "She's with Van, just don't ask me where, cause I don't know! Last time I saw them. They were on the skeleton!" - Yuki's eyes wined up.

"SHE IS WITH WHOM?" - she turned around and started walking away from Merle and Seico, who was still amazed.

"Sooooo protective!" - Merle firmed starting to laugh, while pulling Seico back to dance.

~*~*~

Marta and Van were still 'playing' inside the lake. They stopped and Van started 'swimming' close to her. He grabbed her waist and kissed her, before he could say anything. She put her hands over his shoulders and pulled him aside. She got out from the water; her dress was completely soaked, just like the rest of her body. And a soaked dress was very, very heavy. With some difficulty, she managed to get to the closest tree and to seat down, with her backs against the tree.

Van got out from the water too, but he went in another direction … into the woods.

~*~*~

"ZARDUS!" - Yuki called out, interrupting his conversation with Hitomi.

"What's up Yuki?" - Yuki tried to catch her breath (cause she came running).

"I'm sorry Zardus, but you have to teletransport me now!" - Zardus' and Hitomi's eyes wined up.

"Now?! To where?" - Yuki stood upright and looked very angry.

"Marta is with Van! I can't let them stay alone … it's too dangerous!" - Zardus scratched his head and Hitomi smiled, thinking that it was just 'sister's preoccupations'.

"Damned Van! What if we are too late Yuki?" - Yuki got scared. Only the possibility froze her.

"N-No! We have to get on time! DAMN!" - she kicked a statue that was nearby.

"What's the big deal? They are both grown up people! They know what they do!" - Hitomi said, but soon regretted it, seeing the angry glare Yuki gave her.

"You don't understand Hitomi! Van and Marta CAN'T have ANYTHING! But as she doesn't remember, she may do a big mistake!" - Hitomi wanted to do some questions, but she decided to keep them to herself. Zardus pressed a button of his 'clock' and the three disappeared.

~*~*~

Van returned after some minutes, with some wood and started a fire. All this time the two didn't look into each other's eyes.

"You can be so tuff when you want to!" - Marta gave him a weird glare and then looked back at the fire. He sat next to her and started cherishing her hand with his. - "You can be pregnant now! Why do you run away after what happened?" - she took her hand away from his and grabbed her legs.

"I can't …" - she whispered.

"Mhn …"

"I can't be pregnant!" - tears flooded from her eyes. He smirked.

"Of course you can! We did nothing to prevent it!" - she dived her head between her legs and started crying even more.

"I can't … cause …" - Van looked down at her. His eyes full of sadness and yet hate. - "… Cause … I can't have babies!" - his eyes wined up in disbelief. He got up and gave some steps back. She looked up at him, not getting up.

"N-No! You can't … YOU CAN'T!" - he turned his backs on her. - "No woman from the Healy people is sterile! You said that to me once! You're lying!" - she got up too.

"I'M NOT Lying! I can't! And besides … I'm not a full Healy … you know that!" - Van tried not to cry. He closed his hands so tight that it started bleeding.

"I'm sorry!" - she looked amazed. - "You always said that you would love to have babies." - she bitted her lower lip, not to start crying again. He was right! She always wanted to be a mother. But, about a year ago, she made some tests that proved that she couldn't.

Van turned around and hugged her; she gave up and started crying on his chest. Some tears came from Van's eyes.

~*~*~

"HELL!" - Yuki yelled, seeing that they weren't, neither on the 'skeleton', nor at the village. - "Where are those two?"

"Don't you remember any other place?" - asked Zardus.

"No … wait … the LAKE! Get me to the lake!" - Zardus pressed another button and the three were on their way to the lake.

~*~*~

Yuki, Zardus and Hitomi looked around. Soon they saw Van and Marta. Marta was seating on the grass, staring at the fire, while Van was on the other side of the fire, looking at it too. Van got up and said something, that the three couldn't understand. Marta got up too, and was walking towards him, just when Yuki started running to him. Van's and Marta's eyes wined up.

"Van!" - Van didn't have time to say anything, cause Yuki wrapped her arms around him and kissed him.

Marta, Hitomi and Zardus just watched, completely … (no word to define their stupid faces).

"I'm not … felling well …" - Marta fell off, unconscious.

"For God's sake! I knew she had a crush on him … but … Hell, she surprises even me!" - Zardus, said still in shock.

Yuki finally finished kissing Van, and she felt … dizzy. - "T-That … was really good!" - she tried to kiss him again, but he stepped back, getting away from her.

"Are you crazy Yuki?" - he looked at where Marta was and saw her on the floor. - "Oh God!" - he ran to her and picked her up. - "Hei! Marta! Hei girl! Wake up!" - he slightly shacked her, trying to wake her up.

"It looks like it worked after all!" - Van looked at Yuki in awe.

"What are you talking about?" - she smirked, and placed her hands on her hips.

"You get away from my sister Van! You know you can't have her! I had to do something!" - Van got up, with Marta on his arms.

"You did that on purpose? Are you crazy!" - she lifted a hand and cherished his cheek.

"Crazy for you Van! You knew it all the time! Why the hell did you got close to her in the first time?" - he gave her and angry glare.

"For your concern … whatever that secret of yours is, she knows it! She doesn't let me get close!" - Yuki's eyes wined up with happiness and surprised.

"She has recovered her memories?" - Van sighed.

"No! But she remembers that … whatever it is!" - Yuki smiled. Van started walking forward and then noticed two more presences. - "Who's there?" - the two figures immerged from the dark forest. - "Hitomi? What the Hell are you doing with these two?" - Hitomi was nervous, very nervous.

"I-I-I …" - Zardus put one of his hands around her waist and smiled.

"For the case you didn't noticed … she's my girlfriend!" - Hitomi's, Yuki's and Van's mouth opened widely. But soon Van recovered his posture and smiled.

"Well, have a good night you two!" - the others were surprised with Van's behavior. He spread his wings, ripping off his shirt, and prepared to take flight.

"WAIT!" - Yuki yelled. - "Where do you think you're taking my sister?" - Van smiled at her and smirked.

"I'm taking her to where I promised to take her! Don't worry, I don't bite!" - with this he was off, carrying Marta with him. (She was still unconscious)

Soon Yuki, Hitomi and Zardus were on their way back to Fanelia and to the party.

~*~*~

Van was flying, when Marta woke up. She was a little dizzy and didn't realized where she was, until she saw the trees down there.

"What? Where? When? Who?" - she tried to make up her mind, and then she saw Van and screamed. - "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" - He made an annoyed face, cause he couldn't stand her loudly scream.

"Hei! Calm down will you!" - she stopped and he sighed in relief. - "Thank God! Am I that ugly!" - she turned her face to the other side and crossed her arms over her chest, smirking. He lifted and eyebrow. - "What's wrong now?" - she didn't answer. - "Could you please talk to me?" - no answer still. - "Hell …" - he got angered and let go of her. She started falling down

"VVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!" - he just stood still for a while, seeing her fall and enjoying the show. When she was about to hit the ground, she stopped screaming and closed her eyes. «Almost there, almost there … I see the floor … I'm going to die …» Van came on time, just before she hit the floor. - "I knew you would come!" - they both smirked at the same time, and then laugh, while Van continued his flight to their destination.

"Now will you tell me what's wrong?" - she stopped laughing and looked down.

"Nothing … and yet … everything!" - he looked puzzled. The wind blew their hair and Van could barely keep his eyes on her.

Naní? Ok! I know it sounds stupid … Yuki … anyway she really had a crush on him, so she made 2 in 1, she kissed him, and pissed off her sister.

What's next? Do you think you know? Well you don't! I assure you, you'll have plenty surprises during this fan fiction. Does any of you get to know the 'secret', well I'm sure you didn't … and don't start thinking things … You'll see on the END. Yes that's the last secret … and don't bother asking what is it, cause I won't tell …

Bye, bye.

See you soon.

***

#Ana Nunes#