Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ When Escaflowne Rescued Trilladen ❯ chapter 12 book two ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mass of Dark Matter interferes with the normal speed of time between parallel universes, causing impacting interference which we now know as space scrapings that create rifts in the parallel or adjacent space, opening a multiverse into our current universe!

Ralph Kuenz

The wolf packs of Gaea became unified in Fanelia. They did so in order to survive the ferocious raids from the incensed peoples of Freid who in a misguided fury were hell bent on revenge. They, in their grief did not use reason, for their children were gone, and with them all sense of themselves.

However tragic and painful is their loss, the wolf packs would not allow further crimes against their people. So they united with one purpose, to defend themselves and any who seek their protection against Freid. This was a first. But on the planet of Gaea so many firsts were taking place that only the tom tom tomming of their war drums marked this historical event on the glen at the edge of the forest.

In Fanelia, with the blessings of King Van as their provider of sanctuary, they began their momentous and historical ritual of the war dance. It began with the low pitched soft thumping of the drums. With five drums which intoned the beating at different pitches, the beating of them became more than a rhythm, more like a definite song of fierce determination.

The music of the war drums started softly and thumped a song of war, a dance that each she wolf and warrior stepped to. It would last for days and build to a frenzied pitch. But for now the drums were soft thumping, a lull before the storm, a foreboding beat of soft dread.

Queen Hitomi was in isolation as was the custom for this small rural nation. Her belly would grow rigid and rock hard with a strong contraction and then leave all together. She walked around her boudoir with Van at her side.

"It hurts, it's very bad this time! I don't like this. No, I can do this. I can be calm. I can breathe. Oh, no, it's…oh…breathe, Hitomi. Women give birth to children everyday." She reasoned with herself as clutched the lower regions of her mountainous belly. This contraction played with her resolve to stay in control of her emotions.

Van was worried and uncertain of what to do. He helplessly watched on as she walked and talked to herself, holding her belly for dear life. Then a pain became too strong for her to keep calm. She cried out and tears of pain rushed down her flushed cheeks. Then the pain went away.

"Oh God. Van, I don't think I can do this!" She began to cry in panic.

Wishing again that Helliese was still around to help as she had always been for the queens of Fanelia, he sighed heavily as new worry lines burrowed around his eyes. He was feeling too young and vulnerable and inexperienced just now to be of any use. Angry with his ineptitude, he walked briskly over to his love and gently held her shoulders as she pushed herself to walk through the labor pains.

"Hadn't you better lie down? I mean, this must be exhausting for you as it is. I'll call for the castle midwife. She's a kind and comforting woman. I think it's time to call for her." Van was rambling in words drenched in anxiety.

"I want Helliese. It's not fair. I don't want to do this alone!" She whispered in pain as her face scrunched up with a new contraction.

"You're not alone. You have me and I would never leave you like this." Van sounded hurt.

"Ow, I mean a woman. Someone who understands this pain. I'm scared and you are too. You're no help!" She snapped at him.

Wounded and worried he stomped to the door. "Fetch the midwife now. The queen's time has come!" The corridor outside became a scuttle butt of noise and confusion at this.

The drums began to bang louder. High toned pitched tom-tomming followed by more ominous lower toned ones that were even louder. The wolves howled loudly and eerily like children of the night. The Mystic Moon and the Lunar Moon were a full bright showcase spot light on the scene of the wolves dancing in the glen. The drums stopped with a loud bang with dead silence following for a moment's pause only to strike back up again louder and more fierce than before.

A song could be heard as the pattern of drum pitches began to stomp out a threatening serenade to the night. It was rabid and wild. Beating like a heartbeat racing with fury, anger thundered from the drums as the song became a war cry, a declaration to kill.

Hitomi screamed loudly and almost slumped to the ground in weakness from the next contraction. Van himself began to panic. He ran to the door, oblivious to the midwife's instructions and ran toward the comforting noise of the drums. Spreading his wings, ripping his waist coat to shreds, his white wings sprawled against the moon burnt night sky as he took flight toward the drums. His mind was irrational with fear. Tears sprang to his eyes, stinging them and just as quickly the wind of flight wiped them cotton dry. He was oblivious to the discomfort as he landed a little behind the fireside which punctuated the wolves encircling it in an abandoned dance of war and survival.

Taken aback by the spectacle he did not perceive that he was being watched while in awe of the wolves. They were a terrifying sight, but he was not afraid, only deeply respectful of their plight. Yet his own heart raced against the beating of the drums. He listened to the song of the banging drums and tried to calm himself even as he berated himself for fleeing.

The drums stopped again as each chief of the every pack howled in unison as loudly as they could, each trying to be louder than his competitor. The thumping started up again softly as a determined soft rhythm that entranced all but two who witnessed the ritual. My Little Brat was shivering, huddled in a small ball trying to keep warm in the chill of the night air. Not permitted to enter the circle of the war dance, she could not enjoy the warmth of the fire. She was grateful though. The scene that unfolded before her with her beloved Demetrius in the thick of the dance left her feeling winded. She didn't notice King Van come over to her.

"Here now, you shouldn't be out in the dark so late. Let me take you back to your home. Your parents must be worried." Van soothed the young girl.

Her eyes grew large as saucers. Still sitting on the ground she felt a strange stirring in her. She new more that he needed her and not the other way around. With the directness of a child or royalty she simply stated, "I have no one right now. Demetrius is otherwise occupied to look after his little brat. I'll go with you." She got up and took his hand.

"You mean to say that you belong to Demetrius? You're his responsibility?" Van sounded skeptical.

"Of course! My name is Little Brat." She smiled and shivered.

"All right then, you'll come with me. Ever fly?" He asked as he scooped her into his arms and unfurled his glorious wingspan.

Something deeply familiar about the scene toyed with Little Brat's mind. It was if a remembrance of something divine tried to surface, but was just as quickly buried.

She tried to recall, but the harder she tried, the more illusive, even that familiar feeling became. Still, it was replaced by an exhilaration born from the experience of flight. Cradled in King Van's arms, she felt perfectly safe and even a little playful. But when she looked up at him, she saw the strain in his eyes and was quickly emotionally involved in his plight, worrying about the handsome young king.

His flying stopped in the castle court yard, and caused quite a stir. Attendants and guards immediately flanked all sides as panic seemed to be the flavor of their faces.

"Sire, she's dying! The queen. She's in jeopardy and the baby hasn't yet come. The midwife has called for you. She says there is nothing else she can do."

Without giving his guest another thought, he raced up to their private rooms, heavy with guilt and fear. "No, Hitomi!" Never noticing that a young scrap of a girl was trying with all her might to keep up with him.

My Little Brat was huffing it all the way and began to grumble as she grew irritated with the young King's pace. "How in tarnation am I supposed to keep up with the Giant King. I'm just a kid. You'd think he'd realize that. First he fetches me then he abandons me to his inconsiderate pace!"

At that point she reached the bedroom, filled with Van's worried presence, a tearful midwife, and a Queen nearly sapped of all her strength-until she screamed in agony. The screech was ear piercing and sent shivers of foreboding into the three standing there. A lady in waiting came rushing in, barely brushing My Little Brat, or even noticing her in her distress.

"These are the last of the clean sheets." The young lady stepped back in horror as the midwife quickly replaced a blood soaked sheet at the bottom of the bed.

My Little Brat felt a calm drench over her like a river of knowledge. She knew she could save the queen. That's why the king fetched her. Maybe he didn't even realize it, but a divine sense had intervened on the queen's behalf, really the King's as well. For My Little Brat sensed a shared aura between the two, as if one life force was fortifying the both of them.

She walked up to the bed and flung back the blankets to reveal a heavily hemorrhaging young mother about to deliver and then die. Immediately My Little Brat knew the baby was breach and also knew what to do.

"Hey, just what do you think you're doing?" Van thundered. My Little Brat, with a strange look in her eyes turned calmly to him.

"If your queen is to live then you must let me birth this child with her. I know what to do to save her. You must leave this room if you cannot be calm. What I have to do will be difficult for the queen, but impossible with a hysterical husband." She sounded centuries older than her youthful years. Just a girl. Not even a teenager yet.

Hitomi was racked with another contraction with the pain so strong that she finally, mercifully passed out. Her face was grey as she was losing her life force quickly.

Taking a dagger from the king's belt, My Little Brat held the blade over the flame at the hearth until it was very hot. Then she climbed up onto the high bed, next to the queen and carefully, gracefully inserted the blade into the bottom roundness of the belly flesh, just above the hip bone and began to cut a smile across her pelvis. The King was stunned into a helpless paralysis as he watched Hitomi sliced open. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he screamed an outrage, but the panic refused to surface. Something stronger held him together as he realized that this young girl was actually performing an operation.

A sharp pain of anxiety knocked him off his feet and he fell backwards into the chair he'd been in and out of all evening. Tears streamed down his face as he realized that he wasn't about to live without his queen. It wasn't possible somehow. Without joy, there was no life, and all joy stemmed from the gift that she had become to him. She was literally in every aspect of his life, and with such ease did it all take place in his heart.

******************************************************

Prepara tions were being made for King Dryden of Asturia to make the most momentous speech ever made in all of Gaea's history. AVMIT units had been strategically placed in every major country's capital, including Ispania, Asturia, Fanelia, Trilladen and even Fried. Because Zaibach was openly hostile as news of Folken's escape spread like wildfire through out the continent, there was no opportunity to set up a simultaneous broadcast in her capitol, nor in Basram.

On the evening that the wolves gathered for a war in the homelands of the draconian king, Dryden would be speaking with almost all of Gaea, to all it's peasantry and noble citizenry alike. Still, as the King of Fanelia was hovering in a state of dread worry for Hitomi, Dryden's performance was about to begin.

All of Gaea was now feeling the effects of the dying world. The lush green land of Fanelia suffered from severe draught. Completely unaccustomed to such an acute lack of water and refreshing rain, fear was growing like a poisonous weed choking out reason and faith and hope. The land was quickly becoming barren and the trees sickly.

Ispania too felt the surges of the death calls of Gaea. Screeching out typhoons that pummeled their coastal regions, harbors once packed with tourism now were ghost towns and the inland was swimming with the problem of over population as the homeless seafarers and their families abandoned a way of life for pure survival. The economy was crumbling there and everywhere and the Empress of Ispania was buried in work.

***********************************************

Mugwa sat in an overstuffed cushioned chair watching the giant screen in front of him monitoring the movement of his troops into the gate of Atlantis. In paired syncopation, a long column of mountainous floating fortresses loaded to the hilt with weapons, guymelefs, and hundreds of thousands of soldiers drifted into the beam of light. Quickly they were pulled into the other universe, that parallel one where Atlantis once resided.

His fortress was the last to leave, and as he felt his body slip though the portal, elation swept over him like a drug leaving him stoned and content. His plan was being executed perfectly. All the pawns were in place. Basram would stand alone to face an entire world of angry citizens of Gaea while he would slip past with his Zaibach soldiers and sorcerers. Gaea would plunge into a war buying him all the time required to conquer Earth. Though Basram would fall in short order, so would Earth. Then he would close the gates of Atlantis forever!

His puppet general supplied him with news he already knew. "Sire, all of Zaibach's fleet have successfully crossed over in stealth mode. We can launch our surprise attack."

"That is excellent." Mugwa's raspy voice replied.

***********************************************************

Folken entered his private chambers given to him by the Empress of Ispania herself, for she was quite taken with him. He was dressed formally, regally, as if he was not at all the deposed Emperor of Zaibach. Dressed in a deep rich indigo military outfit with real gold chain draped across his shoulders, and falling into golden tassels, he was drop dead gorgeous.

It was refreshing for Merle to see him in something other than the somber sorcerer's black robe he always wore. Still he looked sober. His handsome features were the epitome of being rudely awakened to distressing news and not enough sleep to recover from a hangover, let alone cope with the what deeply distressing. Yet he carried a stack of papers, neatly tucked under his arm and he approached the bed to discover Merle was hiding beneath the covers spying on him.

For a second his worried brow lightened at the sight of her mischief. Then the dark cloud quickly took over again as his reigning mood. Inquisitive to a fault, Merle plunged right in.

"What is it? Why do you look like this?" She pushed the covers away from her scantly clad body as he sat down at the end of the bed. She crawled over to him and hugged him from behind kissing his neck.

"I've just read over the approved speech that King Dryden is giving tonight in Asturia's new capital, the outpost of Vren. I don't envy him his new role in the strategy. Now everything, all the blame or glory will rest upon his shoulders depending on the outcome of all this. He's setting himself up as the central leader of this war effort and restoration of Gaea's stability. If it doesn't prove fruitful, he'll be assassinated. The people are becoming desperate in the wake of the catastrophes plaguing our world.

Merle wanted to lighten his mood, for in her catlike sensibilities, she new he had no real control over the outcome of this cataclysm. He cares too much for his own good. She thought.

She began to reassure him. "You know I believe there is a reason for everything- everything!" She emphasized. "Like there a reason we're together, and there a reason it wasn't Van like I'd always wished for. There even a reason for why were here instead of in Zaibach or Fanelia."

"Dryden is the perfect person for this task. He's confident and comfortable with power, while not being at all impressed with it. He'll reach the people right where they live. He's good at reading the mood of the people and he's also this self-depreciating ham that's conceited to a fault who loves the spotlight while playing it down." This put a smile on Folken's face and he turned to grin at her.

Kissing the corner of his mouth seductively while still seated behind him, she snuggled up to him more closely, her belly pressed up completely to his back. He felt the heat of her sex at the small of his back and knew she was trying to distract him through seduction. He smiled at the thought of his vixen. He'd never allowed himself to be sensually assaulted before, not by Eeria or Nalia at all. She had the power to break through every barrier.

"Nobody could possibly pull it off quite like he will, with his celebrity status and bored attitude towards everything while keeping everyone around him spellbound. What's more, he knows it and he'll use it to succeed." She began to leave a trail of hot kisses on his exposed neckline, for she had grabbed a handfull of his hair and tug fisted it possessively away to reveal his skin. Both the sensation of his hair being used against him in sexual ownership and the tender kisses left him heated and hard.

Folken twisted his body free of her and laid back on to the bed pulling her on top of him. "You're so sure of this? Did you know he's going to tell the world everthing, even information we cannot confirm yet. The spiders, the whole thing about Helliese, and Mugwa manipulations." He asked her and before she could answer grabbed her mouth with his lips and assaulted her with erotic pleasure.

Breathless and wanting she didn't even hear his question. She wanted him naked and with attitude. He felt the mood to tease her. So he stopped and looked up at her. "Well?"

Not sure what to do, she tried to pull herself down on him, but he wasn't cooperating. He held her away with a devil of a grin on his face. This made her feel even more urgently in her wanting of him and she sat upright on him and ripped her clothes off of her. Naked and vulnerable she began to rub her skin on him, anywhere she could. Kissing him and whimpering in heat. She was completely in heat and suffering from it. She didn't want foreplay, she wanted him to take her and he knew it. Every moment he delayed caused her agony and she began to loudly meow in a howling anguished fashion.

He was utterly fascinated with her. He was transfixed by the vision of her beauty and her complete surrender for her need to copulate with him. Unable to move and just basking in the glory of her desire for him, he watched her work herself into a sexual frenzy and wondered if indeed she was going to force herself on him. Chuckling again to himself he decided to wait for just that as he slowly kissed her mouth, deepening the tenderness and sensual message it conveyed.

************************************************************ < p>Van saw a miracle take place like a flash of lightening or in the twinkling of the eye. His baby boy, bloodied and wet from birthing and crisis, was in his arms and his Hitomi was being stitched up with a simple needle and thread by this remarkable young girl. The midwife had to be sent out long ago, for she was ballistic, like Van, the minute My Little Brat took Van's dagger, Still, something in Van knew she was supposed to aid his Hitomi in her distress and he could only trust in his feelings in such a desperate state.

It was the Lady in waiting, Ayana, who aided the king and the young girl in patching up the queen. When Ayana left with the last of the bloodied sheets, all was quiet. My Little Brat took the babe from his father. "Now it is up to you r son to save his mother."

"Huh?" Van could hardly muster that.

"In his suckling of her, he will cause her womb to close up and stop the internal bleeding. I've sewn up everything else that needed, but now nature must take it's course. We'll hold the baby to her breast and let him sate his hunger." She said.

"Little Brat, how do you know these things?" Van was quietly in awe of the young child. She looked up at his inquisitive features and smiled and rolled her eyes.

"I'm a girl, stupid. Shees." She got up and stretched and then curled up beside the queen and fell asleep as fast as Van could say, "Oh, I see." stupidly.