Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Noir Fan Fiction ❯ There Can Be Only Two ❯ Ending Ib: There will be always two ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Besides that I still do not own any of the Characters you should be familiar with to even read this fan fiction you Should have READ 2/3rds of the real ENDING I for this alternate is just the last part
 
***************************************************************** **********************************************
 
Ending I alternate: There will be always two
 
 
Again time lapsed for the two immobile fighters as Chloe contemplated the offer. Finally she stated in her sweet voice that had become so very familiar for Farfarello even in the short time:
 
“How considerate. But begging for you life won't gain you anything. There is no mercy to be expected from me and neither should be from you. But otherwise we do not have to hurry. What do you think is important enough to halt our contest?”
 
And he told her, explaining in a short manner what had occurred to him, reporting Schuldig's last words, more like a reserved news speaker rather than someone telling an enemy about the demise of friends and foes.
 
“Are there possible consequences for your quest? Otherwise…" he added in the end and without completing the sentence the Irish signaled his readiness to fight.
 
Chloe's reaction was different though. Impassionedly, yet with a mild distrust she put away the throwing weapon in her left hand and instead reached for a small and thin rectangular metallic device from under her coat. Her eyes never left Farfarello and the knife, too, did not vanish. She only broke the eye-contact for a second to study the device. A blue-whitish glow emitting from the object marked the strange tool as a kind of small computer, or something alike, displaying unseen information , but also creating a diabolic impression as it illuminated her already cold face from below with it's hard light.
Wordlessly she tucked the device away again ending the strange light show.
 
“You might be right.” she emotionlessly spoke: “What about your companions? They were your friends, were they not?” Ignoring the fact that he had posed his question first he answered her: “They were.” His intonation or the lack thereof obscured the exact meaning of that statement. Nevertheless he continued: “They knew what they did. Maybe they even got their reasons. God may know and has decided. I am not going to cry for what god did.”
“What about the young one?” she inquired.
“Does he concern yourself?” His counter question was not followed by an answer immediately in the same manner as many lines of this strange conversation on the roof had been interrupted by moments of silence and thinking.
 
“Please follow me!”
 
Without waiting for him she sheathed her knife, turned around and jumped off of the roof. The blonde Irish hesitate only for a moment and followed her, ignoring the three stories to the ground. Both, girl and man, landed nimbly on the concrete and without a pause they ran off, following a path that was marked - with bullet holes.
 
The girl leading, the man following at high speeds.
Until Chloe stopped at a corner to a street that was vividly alive with red and blue lights of police cars, again consulting her electronic instrument.
 
“You wait here!” she commanded after a quick glance at the, neither very Japanese, nor especially friendly looking man that had stopped behind her, and walked towards the small group of people that had gathered in front of the closed off area at the end of the street. She returned two minutes later.
“Come on!” were her only words before setting of.
 
Again they traveled fast through the night. Chloe leading the way, not hindered in anyway by the fact that she never had been here. Farferello would not have been able to tell the difference anyway. Their destination this time though was not filled with people, but again Chloe told her companion to wait a little offside and keep observant.
He watched her as she walked over to the two bodies at the lake shore, removing guns and wallets, before returning to him.
 
“Yes indeed you have spoken true. Noir and Schwarz are gone.”
Silence followed for some time.
“So does that mean anything for us?” he finally restated his question from earlier. This time she answered immediately her arms hidden underneath her coat rummaging unseen:
“Shouldn't that be obvious?” Slowly Farfarello reached for his weapon and got ready.
“What are you doing?” she asked looking at him questioningly before turning away from him and adding almost nonchalant: “We still got things to do tonight.”
This time though the blonde man did not follow, a questioning look on his sideward bent face: “This seems like a good place to die. Why relocate?” He shouted after her not very loud yet expressing his strong dislike of further procrastination and the unspoken demand to face him. Slowly she turned around:
 
“You don't get it, do you?”. While before Farfarello had only been irritated and angry, now he was somewhat perplex.
“No?” he answered, his one eye blinking without understanding.
“All other members of Schwarz are dead.” Chloe explained unimpaired. Farfarello nodded. “So are the other two female candidates for Noir.” Again he nodded still holding his knife at ready. “That leaves you and me, doesn't it?” A third time he bend his head in affirmation. “So?” Chloe waited a moment for a reaction from him, but when she got none she continued with the explanation.
“They are dead. We live. Ergo it is the two of us that will be the one true Noir. Now come along we have to sort this mess out they left us with.”
 
Farfarello only stood there unmoving and thinking for the moment, prompting the girl to maker her way back to him.
“What about the `two maidens' part?” he asked her as the smaller girl stood in front of him. She looked up to him for a moment and than just took his arm pulling the taller man with her.
“Oh, that is only an old prayer. Gender discrimination is not of our concern. If Soldats would care about some minor details like that they would still be on Corsica fighting over some sheep and cattle or so. Professional assassins do not grow on trees overnight, you know? So if you see or know any extraordinary highly trained female assassin to form Noir with me tell me, if you would be more happy with that, otherwise please accept and come along. You do not have a job anymore anyway and I am looking forward to be working with you.”
 
Thinking for a last time that night and considering the circumstances Farfarello came to a simple conclusion:
“OK” he agreed and walked off with Chloe into the night.
 
“And Farfallo!”
“Yes”
“Please take that eye patch off. It does not suit you. I cannot understand why you are covering a perfectly healthy, not to say beautiful, eye, anyway.”
He complained throwing the black patch away into the night.
 
***
 
A time later that night a little shop was closing down after a very long day of business. The shop employees were just bringing in the last pieces of merchandise and contemplating about the events of the day gone, when a strange couple came by and stopped for a moment to watch them.
Hands stopped working, heads turned hastily and four pairs of eyes focused on the blonde man with the purple haired girl by his side standing there on the sidewalk.
 
Chloe and Farfarello looked at them questioningly. After a frozen minute of silence and customary entry and disappearance of the customary dust bunny, finally one of the staff members slowly walked up to them and stared at Farfarello, his face a grim mask, as he tried to figure out the blond Irish that was curiously looking back at him with his head tilted to the side.
 
After a while he took a quick glance at the merchandise he was still carrying. Repeating that for a few time he finally resigned with a sigh:
“Here! Just take them, and go! Happy Valentine's. We are closing.”
Saying those words, fast and without even a trace of friendliness he shoved the whole bundle of beautiful red roses he was carrying into Farfarello's arms, turned around and left, frustrated and sulking. Dragging the rest of staff with him, despite their protests, the tall red head pushed them into the store and shut the door forcefully. A second later the store's shutters went down equally fast and loud, leaving behind two perplex people in a now empty street, while the noises slowly faded in the distance.
 
The two looked at the store, than at each other, shrugged, and continued.
“What was that all about?” Chloe asked the carrier of the flowers next to her when they had gone a few meters: “Did you know them?”
“No. Not Really. Some old business contacts of ours, I think. Do you want them?” he replied presenting her the roses in a little more formal manner than he had received them.
She smiled at him: “Oh Farf. That is very sweet. No one has ever given me flowers for Valentine's day. Thank you very much.”
“No problem.”
And they disappeared into the night strolling side by side
 
*
 
Inside the flower shop four young men had problems expressing what was on their minds.
“Was that…”
“I thought…”
“Him, too? Well She was cute, though.”
“You have really a strange taste in women, you know.”
“Hey, a girl is a girl.”
“Shut up, all of you! I don't want to hear anything anymore about those damn guys. Youji, I know you have some, so just get your damn Whiskey down here.”
“Hey that's mine why should I…”
“Because otherwise I will deduct the damn flowers from your wage. Now get it!”
“Yes, yes. I am on it.”
“Shouldn't we at least have asked?”
“Yes. Did you see those cuts and the blood?”
“No I meant we could have asked about that other guy…”
“Maybe the do that all the time?”
“Just shut up! All of you! No more of that. Where is the “§%6 whiskey?”
“Yeah don't you just hate Valentine's anyway.”
 
***************************************************************** **********************************************
 
A little funny I hope it is. Even though it was not in the original planning it has been finished for a long time. Longer than at least Ending II and III. Complains and praise for this little silly outtake should go straight to Panda-Chan. I just wrote it. But I will gladly take comments and praise as well.
 
Don't get used to the lightness. Next time it is all business.
Coming up: Ending II: The French Connection