Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles ❯ GetBackers: Strong Hands ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Strong Hands
Author: Christina/AquaianGoddess
Fandom: GetBackers
Rating: PG-13
Pairings: None
Summery: They look like such big, strong hands.
Warnings: Umm, gore and angst and ickyness
Notes: minific to whoever gets the reference in the summery~
Words: 520
 
They look like such big, strong hands.
 
That's what he had always thought. And that he'd use those strong hands to protect his friends. Hold them tightly and protect them from all harm. Ginji, Madoka, Emishi, Kazuki… hell, even the damn Snake Bastard. It was his job to keep his precious friends (and rival) safe. He was Alpha, watching over his pack.
 
Then came that day.
 
He was fighting with Midou. Just a stupid argument, but Shido had lost his temper and backhanded Ban into the wall, knocking his glasses from his face. He met Ban's angry glare with his own, and the front window of the Honky Tonk shattered in a hail of bullets. Shido dove forward to knock Ginji out of harms way, but was too late… the bullets had stopped, and everyone was dead. Paul slumped over the counter, blood and coffee mingling and dripping off the edge, Natsumi sprawled across Hevn's form in a mockery of an embrace. The back of Ban's head was gone, bone and brain matter splattered against the wall, and Ginji was in his arms, blood dripping over his hands as Shido dropped the body in horror and sunk to his knees, staring at the blood of his emperor on his hands.
 
Those hands were supposed to protect everyone. He was supposed to keep everyone safe. He had failed.
 
…they look like such big, strong hands.
 
And then the world shattered, and Shido jolted awake, a sob caught in his throat and his body covered in a cold sweat. A dream…just a dream… Shido drew his knees up to his chest, rocking back and forth. It was only a dream… Dreams cannot hurt anyone, no matter how real they seem.
 
The soft buzz of his cell phone startled him and he answered it. Who the hell would be calling at such a late hour?
 
“Fuyuki.” Shido's voice wasn't as steady as he'd have liked, but he could always blame it on being woken up.
 
“You alright, Monkey Tamer?”
 
“…Snake Bastard… What do you want?”
 
“We have one of your mutts here. He won't leave us alone, and Ginji thought maybe something happened, but it you're fine, we're sending him back.”
 
“…I'm fine… Hey, Midou?”
 
“What?”
 
“Dreams aren't future-telling, are they?”
 
“What, like a premonition? Sometimes, why?”
 
“…I just wanted to know. Why are you being so helpful?”
 
“You sounded shaken when you answered. Nightmare?”
 
Shido resisted the urge to hiss and lie. He was just too tired… “Yeah…”
 
“Drink some tea, chamomile, or put some lavender inside your pillow. It'll help.”
 
“…why are you being so nice?”
 
“To be honest? Ginji's looking at me.”
 
Shido laughed a little at that. “Thanks, Midou.”
 
“No problem. Now shut up and call your mutt back so I can get some fucking sleep.”
 
“Just bring him over in the morning…I'll make you guys breakfast. As payment for the advice and taking care of him.”
 
“…deal.”
 
“Goodnight Midou.”
 
“Night, Monkey Tamer.”
 
Shido hung up his phone and padded outside to pick some lavender and put it inside his pillow case. He fell asleep with a calmer mind.