Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles ❯ GetBackers: Venus DeMilo Missing Scene ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Title: The Missing Scene From The Venus DeMilo Arc
Author: Christina/AquaianGoddess
Fandom: GetBackers
Rating: PG-13
Pairings: None, really, but hinted at Kazuki/Ban and Shido/Ban, but if you blink you'll miss it
Summery: The trip back from the Venus Dakkan
Warnings: Stupidity, cursing, and grumpiness
Notes: For silverstrings
Words: 987
 
Kazuki, Shido found, had endless patience with them (well, with Ginji, not the others), for the pleasant smile never left his face, even after the boat sputtered and died in the middle of nowhere.
 
Emishi, unsurprisingly, was the first to panic, in his own Emishi like way.
 
If anyone had asked Shido about this (not like they would, but that's besides the point), they would've found out Emishi's way of coping with fear was to joke. Constantly (and badly, but Shido felt this was a given, seeing as how it was Emishi of all people).
 
"So, this goldfish walked into a bar, and-"
 
"Finish that joke and I will throw you overboard." Ban growled, lighting a cigarette. It wasn't the type he usually smoked, Shido noted. The usual ones were from a red pack, this one was green and smelled faintly of mint, like catnip almost, which made Shido want to dig his fingers (claws) into something and either rip it to shreds or fuck it senseless. Then the wind carried the scent away and Shido could relax.
 
Or would've relaxed if they weren't stranded in the middle of the fucking ocean with no gas.
 
"So, any more bright ideas?" Ban sneered at them (them being Kazuki, Emishi and Shido, as Ban would never sneer at Ginji).
 
"Hey, it was your idea to 'lighten the boat', Snake Bastard." Shido snarled back.
 
"Guys, maybe you should calm down a little?"
 
"What?! No it wasn't, you stupid Monkey Tamer!"
 
"Ban-chan, Emishi's right, you two should calm down..."
 
"Who're you calling stupid, Snake Bastard?!"
 
"You! Not only are you a useless kept man, but you're deaf too!"
 
Shido growled and was about to lunge for Ban when Kazuki turned and smiled at them both. "Please sit down, you're rocking the boat."
 
"You stay out of this, Threadspool!"
 
"Ban-chan!"
 
"Don't talk to him like that, he didn't have to take your stupid ass with us, you know! It's your fault the gas leaked anyway!" Shido growled, hair bristling.
 
"Shido!"
 
"Ban-chan!" Ginji and Emishi were tugging on their suit jackets, trying to get them to sit down.
 
"WHAT?! How is this my fault?!"
 
"That crazy bitch was shooting at you! If you didn't have to have the last fucking word all the Goddamn time, we wouldn't be in this mess!" Water was now sloshing dangerously over the sides of the boat.
 
"Guys!"
 
"If you two don't sit down I will tie you together and throw you overboard." Kazuki cut in calmly, still smiling at them.
 
Shido sat. And while Ban was blustering at Kazuki, he kicked Ban's legs out from under him, sending him overboard.
 
"Ack! Ban-chan!"
 
Shido felt damn near smug until he caught the look Kazuki was giving him. It made him feel like a puppy that got caught pissing on the favorite carpet.
 
"Shido, you're a bad bad dog, you know that?" Emishi asked him, grinning.
 
"I know. But you can't tell me you weren't thinking of doing the same thing."
 
"Ack! Ban-chan's being attacked by a giant squid!"
 
Kazuki, Shido, and Emishi all looked at each other, and Kazuki folded his arms across his chest. "Shido..."
 
"What?"
 
"Go save him."
 
"What? No. He can save his own damn self."
 
"The water's too cold, he'll be killed before he can get his arms and legs moving! Ban-chan's really sensitive to cold, you know?!" Ginji was panicking now, sparks skittering over his skin.
 
Oh. Well, that sucked.
 
"Go save him. Now."
 
It wasn't that Shido was scared of Kazuki, nor was it that he was particularly worried about the Snake Bastard. Not really, anyway. It was just that... well, it was either do what Kazuki said, or tell him how cute he was when he was pissy, and Shido never considered himself to have a death wish.
 
And so Shido shed his suit jacket and dove in.
 
~~~
 
Ban was shivering so badly by the time Shido finally got the squid to let go ("No, I don't care that he looks like a sea urchin, let him go, he's not food! He'll give you indigestion and then where will you be?"), Shido was sure everyone could hear his teeth chattering, even with his jaw clenched tight.
 
"Are you okay, Ban-chan? Are you cold?"
 
Ban glared at Ginji, with a look at clearly stated "No, I'm shivering because I'm overheated". "F-fucking second t-t-time t-today, damn it...." He poked at his pack of cigarettes in his pocket. "S-second wrecked p-pack today, t-too."
 
"I'll buy you a new one." Shido grumbled. If he had known about the damn Snake Bastard's sensitivity to cold, he wouldn't have knocked him into the water (just onto his ass, like the bastard deserved).
 
"I d-d-" Ban couldn't even force out the protest, his teeth were chattering so much.
 
"Stop your bitching already. I wrecked 'em, I'll replace 'em." It was just the way things worked, didn't the stupid Snake Bastard know that? Shido tucked his suit jacket around Ban's shoulders and scowled at Kazuki. "See, your boyfriend's not dead. Happy now?"
 
Kazuki's left eyebrow twitched. "Not quite, no."
 
Shido wondered if it was too late to dive back in the water and take his chances with the squid before Kazuki's bell flashed and Shido somehow ended up wrapped around Ban and tied there. "What the fuck, Kaz?!"
 
"You did it, you fix it. That's the way it works, right?" Kazuki smiled brightly at him before perching himself next to them.
 
"...Do you have to make it so we're facing each other?"
 
"Yes. And if anyone else decides to make trouble, they'll meet the same fate, only with the squid, are we clear?"
 
Emishi and Ginji nodded. One of them may have whimpered, but that could've been Ban for all Shido knew.
 
It was hours before the rescue boat with Paul and Hevn showed up to save them.
 
Shido and Ban still haven't lived the whole thing down.