Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles ❯ Kingdom Hearts: Wedding ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wedding
 
“Can you believe Kairi's not getting married to Sora?” Selphie said to Tidus as she scanned the wedding invitation again, “I mean I know why she's not but still. When they were younger they were so cute together! He saved the universe for her!”
 
“Uh, Selph? He saved the universe looking for Riku.”
 
“…Really?”
 
“Yes, Selphie. I mean, he was looking for both of them, but that second time? That time was all about Riku.”
 
“So I was the last to figure out that Sora and Riku had huge crushes on each other?”
 
“No, that would be Sora's mom, who still thinks that they're `just roommates',” Tidus chuckled, “But man, Wakka and Kairi? That came out of NO WHERE.”
Selphie laughed, "How can you say that, Mr. Best Man? He's only been puppy dogging after her for years now."
 
“Well, yeah, but-“
 
“How did you find out about Sora and Riku anyway?”
 
“Me? Oh, uh, I, uh, walked in on them.”
 
“Doing~?” Selphie asked, smirking at her boyfriend.
 
“Kissing, Selph, jeez!”
 
"How did you walk in on them kissing?"
 
Tidus ran his fingers through his hair, “Short version is I heard them shouting at each other, and since this was just after they got home, I got worried and went to investigate. Riku and Sora were totally in each other's faces and practically screaming at each other until Sora grabbed Riku by the hair and kissed him. I booked it out of there before things went too far, though.”
 
“Sora made the first move?”
 
“Shouldn't we be talking about the wedding, Miss Maid of Honor?” Tidus grumped, blushing a little. This was really embarrassing to talk about!
 
“Bah, that's not for months now, this is far more interesting.”
 
“Selphie!”
 
The two laughed, and Selphie snuggled herself closer to her boyfriend, “But still…I always thought Sora was so naïve and innocent that he'd never make the first move.”
 
“He's changed. They both have.”
 
“Listen to you, sounding all deep and meaningful!” Selphie teased.
 
“I'm serious!” Tidus tickled his girlfriend, “Now, come on, we need to meet up with Kairi and Wakka to help with the wedding.”
 
Selphie stood and kissed Tidus' cheek before helping him up, talking about the color scheme she thought would be best as they walked away.