Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles ❯ Kingdom Hearts: sea-salt ( Chapter 33 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Riku/Roxas: sea-salt
 
Roxas loves the beaches of Destiny Islands. The sand is warm and soft, and the water a clear blue-green that seems to stretch on forever. He loves to sit on the beach with his feet in the surf and his pants getting wet and watch the sunset. Or the sunrise, if he can convince a still asleep Sora to let him have control (Sora usually agrees, as he can still be asleep with Roxas in control of his body. He has discovered that they have a beautiful working relationship).
 
In all reality, his favorite thing to look at on all of Destiny Island's beaches would have to be Riku. Sora teases him all the time for being in love with his best friend (`But Riku's not my best friend,' He'd argue, `He's your best friend. My best friend is-' And then he'd remember that Axel was gone and Sora would quickly change the subject back to how Riku's butt looks in wet, cling-y swim trunks and completely derail Roxas' thought process entirely), and sometimes Roxas would point out that, since they're technically two halves of the same whole, it means that Sora would be in love with Riku too (that's when Sora freaks out, takes control back and goes to find Kairi so they can make out and reaffirm Sora's complete and utter straightness).
 
Roxas' favorite time is when he is watching Riku come up out of the surf, sand clinging to his legs and his hair is stiff and sticky with ocean water, and he walks over to Roxas with that little half smile of his that makes Roxas' heart (yes, his heart) skip a beat. Riku then runs his fingers through Roxas' hair, making it stick out even more oddly than it does, as he leans in to kiss Roxas.
 
Riku's lips taste like sea-salt, and Roxas lets himself be dragged down into the sand, if only to hold onto that taste for just a little bit longer.