Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Shannon ( Chapter 43 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Shannon

-Shannon-

I wanted another thrill tonight. Now, it won't stop going. I wish it would now. It started with that stupid email.

I was invited to this secret underground club. Now, I know the party scene inside and out. I've never heard of this place. (I can't say it here. They don't deserve more victims.) I was intrigued. Of course, I had to go. My stupid brother tried to ban me from going. He can't tell me what to do. I'm a grown-ass woman! I can do what I want!

I decided to go.

I got all dressed up. Black mini dress with red fishnet stockings and gloves. The pictures convinced me to go for a goth look. Oh wow, that takes me back. I haven't done this since I was thirteen. This should be interesting. I smiled in the mirror as I put on deep red lipstick. I looked so pale. Deep red hair fell to my shoulders. I even straightened my bangs. I could never get them to do right. Once I was done with my make-up I was ready to go.

I'm not an idiot. I was going to call my brother once I got to the club. First came a text. So, I pulled out my phone.

“Hey. I'm going out to [club name]. Love you!”

I smiled at my text.

“Look up.”

I looked across the street. A pale woman dressed in black flagged me down. I raced across the street. I held up my phone.

“Namie?” I asked. The woman smiled like a hungry cat.

“Why yes,” she said. She held out her hand.

“Ready for a night you won't forget?” she asked.

“Heh,” I said. Sounded kind of lame, but I was already here. I took her hand.

---------

The place didn't look bad. Okay, let me back up some. Namie and I didn't speak on the way there. She kept her back to me. Namie didn't even look back at her. I thought about saving something but came up with nothing. I tried to push it out of my head. I was supposed to have a good time tonight. Don't ask questions.

We came up to an abandoned house. Namie opened the door. A musty smell hit me in the face. I tried to keep a brave face. All for a good time. All for a good time.

There were no lights on in the house. Namie squeezed my hand as we kept walking. She giggled at one point. I about jumped at the sound. I could feel her looking at me. We came to another door. Namie looked over her shoulder.

“We're here,” she said.

“Huh?” I asked. She threw open the wooden door. A dense red light filled the room. It felt like a siren song calling me closer. A warm feeling formed in my chest. I think Namie was looking back at me. Was she… smirking at me? I couldn't tell.

Loud pounding music snapped me back into reality. Now, I've seen red walls before. But these…

“Wow!” I said. This bar was lowkey. No, that is an understatement. Almost nobody was in here. Okay, there was one dude at the bar. I don't even think he was awake. I turned to Namie.

“Is this the right place?” I asked.

“Yes,” she said. Then she walked over to the bar.

“Hey wait up!” I said. I ran to keep up. We made it to the bar. The bartender looked cute. I wasn't feeling his gray hair. But he made it work.

“Good evening, ladies,” he said. “What can I get you today?” Namie leaned in with that catlike grin.

“Give us the backroom special,” she said. I couldn't help but smile. Now we're talking! The bartender chuckled.

“Right this way,” he said. He turned and walked to the back. Namie got up and followed behind. Okay then. I got up and followed them.

---------

The hallway grew narrow. The red lights became harsher. My head started to ache.

“Are you okay, miss?” the bartender asked. I nodded.

“Yeah,” I lied. The music softly pounded in front of us. It felt like we were going down. The air felt hot around me. I thought I would choke.

“I can't breathe,” I said.

“What did you say?” Namie asked. Her voice sounded different. Almost distant and underwater. I shook my head. I thought I would faint.

Suddenly, it all stopped.

I looked up when the pounding music got louder. I don't remember when we got into the club. The red lights didn't change. Namie and the bartender were gone. But I found myself smiling.

I made my way to the bar and ordered a drink. Okay, about six of them. Then I called my brother.