Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Run Through Night ( Chapter 98 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Run Through Night

There's nothing here. Peter looked around.

“There's nothing here,” he said. Peter, Cook, and Omi looked around. He was right. There was nothing here.

“Are we dead?” Cook asked.

“I don't know,” Omi said. It's so quiet.

“Now what?” Peter asked. His friend shrugged.

“Keep running,” he said. Peter didn't argue. They needed to get out of here. Still, something else had their attention.

“Guys,” Omi said. “Something isn't right here.” Cook and Peter looked around.

“I don't see anything,” Cook said.

“Exactly,” Omi said.

“What are you saying?” Peter asked. The assassin didn't answer. He looked through the emptiness. He trained his ears through the silence.

“Omi?” Peter asked.

“Shhh,” the other boy whispered. The other two took a listen. Silence. It's too quiet. Almost like…

Omi froze.

“There!” he shouted. Everyone turned their heads. There was nothing there but something or someone was running toward them. Omi pulled out another dart. He threw it right in front. A gag came out as the being hit the ground.

“Heh,” Cook said. Suddenly, the air felt heavy. Peter shivered.

“What… What is this?” he asked. It felt like the blood was rushing to his head. Cook had to hold him up.

“Whoa! Easy there!” he said. His voice sounded so far away. Peter started breathing heavily. His ears began to ring. He tightly shut his eyes.

I think I'm going to be sick.

“Hey! Stay with us! Hey! Hey!” Cook's voice sounded so distant. Peter tried to breathe. His body felt weak. The ringing came back in his ears. His head was spinning.

Then it all went silent.

----------

Peter awoke to a kick to the ribs. He gasped awake. The boy looked around. He frowned as reality set in. Peter, Cook, and Omi were back in captivity. He cursed himself.

Still, Cook wasn't going to give up.

“Excuse me!” he spoke up. One of the guard's looked at him. Cook tried not to smile.

“Can I have a smoke?” he asked again. The guard gritted his teeth.

“Shut up!” he snapped. He kicked the boy in the stomach. Cook doubled over in pain. Peter rolled his eyes. Seriously? Did he really think that was going to work again? Omi looked up across from them.

“There! There's your smoke!” he shouted.

“Huh?!” the guards asked as they turned their heads. Boom! Electricity shot everywhere in an explosion. Cook laughed as the boys took off running.

“Eat this, fuckers!” he shouted as they ran down the path. Omi led the way. It was him who figured it all out.