Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Soliloquies ❯ Things That Go Bump Upstairs ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Things that go bump upstairs
 
Loud sounds coming from upstairs.
 
Bump bump bump.
 
“AYA!”
 
bump bump bump.
 
“Oh!”
 
Crash.
 
“Yohji!”
 
Creak creak creak…
 
 
 
 
Gulp. Those two sure do play rough… gah! What the hell am I thinking?! I look around and see Omi, eyes wide as saucers, hand frozen in mid-drink. We had been talking about how bushed Aya looked when he came back, and how Yohji looked so jittery these past few days, when we heard the sounds we weren't supposed to hear.
 
“Did you hear...?”
 
“Do you suppose…?”
 
“Were those screams…?”
 
“… More of pleasure or rage?”
 
“Argh! Damn it, Omi, don't ask me that!”
 
“Well we're both thinking about it, Ken! Don't blame it on me!”
 
We fiddled around, not able to look at each other.
 
Bump bump bump.
 
Creak creak creak.
 
“Aya…”
 
Oh god.
 
 
“D'you wanna…?”
 
“Go out for pizza? Come on.”
 
Then we ran out of that house as if our lives depended on that slice of pizza.
 
 
Why Ken would never take an assassin for a lover
 
When we came back, at about 11 in the evening (because me an' Omi thought, heck if they're enjoying it *that* much, we might as well stay out the whole night) more sick with nervousness than with pizza, Yohji was sitting by the dining table, ice pack over one eye, and looking as if he's ready to kill somebody. Aya's back was to us, doing something in the sink… dunno, probably fixing another ice pack for the other bruiser on Yohji's arm. Talk about confusing.
 
“Oh, hey, guys… have you… um… eaten?”
 
Nobody answered. Omi glanced at me nervously. I decided to help the poor kid out. But before I can say anything, Aya's glaring at the two of us as he walked towards Yohji to hand him the other ice pack.
 
“Where have you guys been?”
“Uh… out.” I answered oh-so-eloquently. Omi's shoulders drooped, and Aya's glare hardened. Yohji… well Yohji just sat there with his ice pack and his own world of mumbled expletives.
“Well the next time you guys go `out', you could at least leave a note.”
“We were going to, but uh, we forgot… right Ken-kun?”
“Yeah. Besides you two were, uh, too busy upstairs so…”
 
Suddenly Yohji decided to snap out of his angry trance and shot me a look, along with Aya's slightly widened-eyes glare, and Omi's surprised `oh-Ken-you-idiot' look.
 
“You heard…?”
“Uh, heck, Yohji, even the neighbors could…”
“Great, Ken-kun… just great.” Omi whispered.
“Oh, well, not that we mind. I mean, you know, we're not homophobic or anything… I think it's good that you guys got together… I mean… but you can you know… keep it down a little or something when you guys… uh… you know…”
“WHAT?” Aya and Yohji simultaneously cried out incredulously.
“Oh, hey you don't have to look at me like you're going to kill me Yohji!”
 
Then Yohji just went crazy. He sputtered, and then started mangling the ice pack. “I…kill… (this is where he pounds the ice pack on the table into oblivion) want…to…” And he just gave up flustering and roared. All three of us wince.
 
“Yes, now Yohji wants to kill Ken! I, Yohji Kudou, am a crazy-teammate-killing psycho nutcase! And then, after that, I'll kill Omi! Because nobody trusts me enough to NOT accuse me of planning to murder them!”
 
Then he just walks out on us, with that last crazy statement he flung at Aya, who just stood there with a hand over his face.
 
“What the HELL was that about?!”
 
Aya and Omi both gave me accusatory glares, with Aya's throwing daggers of course. God I have had enough with these glares! What is it, is today glare at Ken day? Sheesh! And without explanation Aya walks out the way Yohji took. I look over bewildered to Omi.
 
“Did you understand a single thing that happened tonight?” Kid just sighed and shook his head, giving me the same bewildered look I'm sure I had. Good lord. “See, Omi, that's why I would never EVER take an assassin for a lover.”