Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ zelos ❯ shatter ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

zelos

by myka

Arc II - Chapter 5

Warnings! yaoi, some language.

A/N: This is the chapter that has the scene I was thinking most about when I started thinking of a sequel.

Italics = thoughts

--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

I tossed the phone aside and stared hard at Schuldig.

"Who knows we're here?" I asked.

His eyes glimmered with panic. "Esset…"

"How did they found out?"

"I don't know!"

I grabbed his shoulders and looked at him. "Calm down. Let's think for a moment."

But he just shook his head, broke free from my grasp and left the shop in a run. "I can't!"

"Schuldig!" I called after him. He was faster than me, I already knew that. When I finally caught up with him he was already in our bedroom. He had an open suitcase on the bed and he was switching back and forth from the closet to it as he threw his stuff in it. "What are you doing?!"

"I can't stay here, I have to leave." There was something in his voice that hinted that he wasn't running away.

"Where? Back to them?!"

He glanced at me for a second then returned to packing his stuff. I moved forward and snagged his arm. "You are not going back to them!"

"I have to!" He finally admitted.

"You have to?!" I asked incredulously.

"If it means keeping you safe; YES!"

"Is that what they said? They threatened me?" Schuldig averted his eyes and I knew it was true. I suddenly felt like I would burst with anger; just like that he was about to leave. For me he would leave, for me… I felt ignored, as if my feelings didn't count. So I grabbed his arm and shook him. "Look at me." I ordered and he did. "I told you before; I'm not some girlfriend you have to protect. Now tell me what they told you in that damn phone call."

Schuldig sat down on the bed; I pushed aside the half-made suitcase and sat down beside him. Then he told me. Schuldig refused to tell me who the caller had been, and for some reason I thought that he wasn't even sure himself. The call informed my lover that Esset knew that he was alive and well and that it would be very wise of him to return to them without a fight. That's where the threat came; either he returned of his own free will or sooner or later they would get us both and he would get to see me die slowly and painfully.

"I have to be there by midnight tonight," he finished.

For the first time in a long while I was rendered speechless, for once I didn't know what to do, how to solve this. There was only one thing I was sure of… He was mine and there was no way I was letting him go. I stood up and his eyes followed me, then I pulled the suitcase towards me and started returning his clothes back to where they belonged.

"Yotan…"

"I'll tell Aya and the others what's going on once they come back from their mission; we'll think of something." For a second I thought he was going to protest, but he just nodded and helped me finish unpacking his things.

~~~

It was well past ten when my teammates came home; and when I said teammates I meant just Omi. "Where's Ken and Aya?" I asked after we had all sat down at the small kitchen table.

Omi looked at me over his cup of coffee. "They're still tying up some loose ends from the mission; they didn't need my help so I came home early."

I glanced at Schuldig for a second; the deadline was in less than two hours; the sooner we informed them of what was going on, the higher the chances were that we could do something about it. Omi already knew about my little escaped to the restaurant and he knew about Nagi; which meant I had less to explain. I claimed my young teammate's attention once more and when I was sure he was listening I told him all I knew.

Omi stayed quiet. The silence was unbearable, but I told myself to stay put and wait and see what he thought since Schuldig and I were out of options besides running away. I didn't want to run away, not when I had a family I could count on. He suddenly rose from his chair and glanced at me and my lover. "I have to get Aya and Ken," he announced. "So we can all be here when the deadline arrives."

I nodded once, what he said made sense; it made a lot of sense. "I'll be back before midnight." He left through the door and the sudden emptiness of the house seemed to fill the air. I felt Schuldig's hand on top of mine and in his eyes I saw how afraid he truly was. It was rare that I got to see him display any emotions. He was always trying to keep his bad-guy face up. I pulled him close to me as I kissed his forehead. "C'mon" I said. "Let's make sure whomever wants to break in has a hard time doing so."

~~~

After making sure that all the windows and doors were locked and that the security alarm was on we went to our room to rest a bit. Half an hour prior to the deadline Schuldig started pacing around the room as I stayed seated on the bed's edge. Omi still hadn't returned with the others and I was getting impatient. I tried to stay calm and told myself that there was a perfectly good explanation as to why they hadn't arrived yet. When Schuldig passed me for the fiftieth time I grabbed his wrist and stopped him. "Calm down. Everything will be fine."

"I can't calm down."

"Try."

Then out of nowhere he threw himself at me, both hands at my shoulders, pinning me down to the soft mattress. He bent down and started kissing my neck. "Yohji do you love me?"

I blinked in surprise at the sudden question; he had never asked me that before. Whether it was because he could pluck from my mind exactly how I felt or whether when I told him I loved him he knew it was true; either way, he had never asked me that before. I placed a hand on his back. "Yes."

"Then let me make love to you."

I was the first to know that this was not the most appropriate time for what I saw in his eyes. But no matter how rational stopping would be, I just couldn't force myself to say no. I had no idea he felt this way. The thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I always took the 'active' role in our bedroom activities, not even thinking twice how he felt about it. Needless to say I felt like a moron.

"Why didn't you say something before?"

He shrugged as he gave me a soft grin and for the second time in the course of the evening, I was rendered speechless again. He continued his assault on my neck and his lips trailed up to my chin then my lips. He kissed me forcefully and possessively and all I could think of was how much I wanted to give myself to him. I moved farther in on the bed and he followed my every move. His mouth claimed mine once more and I seized strands of his hair with my hands, keeping him as close to me as I possibly could.

Then the alarm went off.

Schuldig scrambled off the bed and I followed him. I glanced at the clock on the nightstand… Ten past midnight.

"It's them!" Schuldig gasped.

"Maybe Aya or Ken tripped the alarm." I tried to rationalize.

"It's them!" He repeated with urgency.

I had a second to look at him, before I heard a crash from behind me. I turned to find a hole in my window and a small metallic ball on the floor.

"RUN!" I yelled as I grabbed Schuldig's wrist and pulled him out of the room where the small ball was surely now releasing some sort of toxic. We ran out to the hall and down the stairs; I immediately headed towards the kitchen and the backdoor. I spotted the shadows by the door instantly and retreated, heading towards the shop instead. It took just a few seconds for my eyes to get used the darkness of the Koneko since the only light came from the moon outside. I figured this was our best chance; outside the shop was a main street; which brought a wide open space, more freedom and possibly witnesses. Grabbing the sliding door's key from a cabinet on the counter, I bent down to open the lock. When I finally found my way around it the display window shattered.

Four shadows stood by the broken window; Schuldig and I stood side by side and then they launched at us. My feet suddenly left the ground and I was sent flying backwards against the wall; giving me no time to think, no time to retaliate. I was still trying to regain my footing when one of the shadows appeared suddenly in front of me. I didn't even see him move. He grabbed my throat and threw me aside like I was a rag doll. Right then I knew these weren't 'normal' people.

"Yohji!" I heard Schuldig scream. I forced myself up from the floor and ran to him. One of Esset's men already lay dead on the floor and Schuldig was trying to break free from another man and a woman who held his arms.

I slammed my entire body weight against the tall man and with one free hand Schuldig had no trouble breaking free from the female's grasp. The man I had tumbled glared at me as he slammed his fist against the side of my head. I saw stars and as I tried to regain control of my vision I heard Schuldig scream my name again.

I placed my palms on the cold floor and pushed me upwards; they were not taking him away from me; not without a fight; I would rather die first.

Dazed but still able to walk, I quickly rose just to have a hand snatch my hair, snapping my head backwards. Whoever had hold of me pushed me towards the counter and slammed my head against the hard surface.

The person; whom I knew now was the man I had knocked down; pinned me down to the counter and slammed my head once more against it probably to make sure that I was too dizzy to do anything. I cursed at the discovery that I couldn't move, that I was truly trapped; that I couldn't defend my lover. I glanced towards where I heard Schuldig cursing and saw that the remaining Esset assassins had both his arms again and that he was having trouble even struggling.

"Schu!" I yelled in desperation.

"Ahhh… Don't you think that's cute Sarryn?" The man who held me down mocked sarcastically.

"Not now David." She scolded. "We have a job to do."

The man called David shifted behind me and seconds later I felt something cold press against the back of my neck…. The barrel of a gun. Sarryn took her free hand and dug it inside one of her pockets, pulling a second gun from it and pressing it against Schuldig's neck.

"Yohji!" Schuldig screamed again and I could feel the desperation in his voice. That's when I knew that he had used his gift to kill the man on the floor; which not only left him weaker but he couldn't do it again until he rested. I struggled even more against my captor, ignoring the cold touch of the metal at my neck. I managed to get my right arm free; my captor seemingly uncaring that I had accomplished this and that was when Sarryn pulled the trigger.

"NO!"

But the shot didn't rung out, everything remained silent… A tranquilizer gun; they had tranquilizer guns. Schuldig got visibly weaker as the stuff they'd injected into his body took effect. His eyelids closed slowly and as his body slumped forward up to the point were his captors needed to hold him I heard him murmuring my name deep within the corners of my mind.

"Pick him up." Sarryn ordered to her still nameless partner and the man gathered Schuldig's unconscious form in his arms like he weighed nothing. I felt inmmensely helpless right then. They were taking him away…They were taking him away right in front of my eyes and I couldn't do nothing. But then I noticed Ken's pocket knife lying on the counter.

"How about the Weiss?" David asked Sarryn; she was obviously leading this mission. I took that second when he was distracted to grab the pocket knife from the top of the counter and driving my arm backwards digging the small blade deep into David's gut. The man screamed and instantly released me; I removed the knife and pushed him off me with enough strength to make him fall to the floor.

I rushed at the man who held Schuldig; ignoring Sarryn and that was a mistake. She kicked my feet when I was two feet away from my goal and I fell sideways; as soon as my body hit the floor she was on me holding me down. Her left hand grabbed my right and I lost my grip on the knife when she squeezed my fingers painfully. Then she pulled out the tranquilizer and didn't even hesitated as she pressed it to my neck and squeezed the trigger.

My vision got instantly blurry as the anesthetics took over my senses. The weight of Sarryn's body disappeared and when my vision got slightly better I noticed the man that held my lover was still just two feet from me. I laid my body to the side and stretched my arm; every move took everything I got; but it was worth it when I managed to touch Schuldig's arm and held it.

"Let's move." Sarryn spoke. "I used most of the dosage on the telepath, the Weiss won't be out for too long, we need to leave the area before the others arrive."

I heard some cursing; David. "The bastard stabbed me Sarryn!"

"Stupid you for not paying attention, now let's go!"

The man who held Schuldig moved and I instantly lost my already weak hold on my lover. "No…" A kick hit me on my back and I collapsed facedown on the floor recoiling from the impact.

"Bastard" I heard David swear when he passed by me. I glanced to the side to see the three remaining Esset members leave through the already shattered window; their feet crumbling small shards of glass as they went. I tried to get up again, but my body refused to respond. I pressed my face against the cold surface as the darkness started to come over me.

I lay there on the floor, sensing the numbness claim me. I felt desperate, angry, frustrated and most of all helpless. I couldn't even move my fingers anymore.

They had done it. They had come and stolen him away from me and I had been completely unable to stop them. The darkness was stronger now and as my eyes closed I swore that I would get him back. Nothing was going to stop me from getting him back… Nothing.