Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Binah (Understanding) ❯ Epilogue: Love Never Ends ( Chapter 26 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Binah (Understanding): Epilogue: Love Never Ends
 
 
Amon's eyes slitted open. His whole body felt drained, but light, as though he'd just been very sick. He had the feeling that he hadn't moved, in quite some time. His beard itched, and when he reached up to scratch it, his arm brushed Robin's, where it lay across his chest.
 
He did not remember going to bed with Robin. He did not remember entering this room. It was a simple room, completely devoid of any decoration. It was most certainly not a tiny rat-hole apartment, or a Mafia stronghold. How had they gotten here? He was not sure what had happened, after that kiss (the best of his life, so far) outside Solomon HQ.
 
But it was best to just roll with the punches. The bed was soft enough.
 
Amon enlaced their fingers, on his chest, and watched her sleep.
 
. . .
 
He must have fallen asleep, again, because when he opened his eyes, Robin was staring at him. Her head was pillowed on one arm, and her hair spilled across her face. She was biting her lower lip.
 
“Hi,” he said.
 
“Hello.”
 
“So,” he said.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Right.” He looked at her shape under the covers. “We didn't…?”
 
Robin blushed, and shook her head. “No.”
 
“Good.”
 
Robin tilted her head, and looked almost hurt. “Good?”
 
Amon grinned. “There are some things I enjoy being awake for.”
 
Robin beamed. She edged closer, and laid her head on his chest, the way she had that last night, before the Cardinal, before the imprisonment. Amon closed his arms around her, and rested his chin over her head. Robin squirmed.
 
“You'll feel more balanced, if you move your leg like this,” he said, and, grabbing her knee, looped her topmost leg over his. Robin gasped, and giggled.
 
“I wanted to, but I wasn't sure if I should-”
“The next time you feel that way, just go ahead and do it.”
 
Robin's head rose from his chest. “Really?” Amon nodded. “It won't…embarrass you?”
 
He shrugged. “I'm a little past embarrassment, now.”
 
Robin rested her chin on one hand. “You're different, Amon.”
 
“So are you.” He tucked a bit of her hair behind one ear. “We're both going to change, over time, Robin.”
 
She nodded sagely. “That's true.”
 
“And…” Here he had to choose his words carefully, “I've never…done this, before.” When her eyes narrowed, he added: “A relationship like this one, I mean.” He cleared his throat. “In which both partners feel the same thing, for one another.”
 
Robin brightened immediately, and nodded. “I understand, Amon.” She smiled. “It's new to me, too.” She laid her head on his chest, again. “It's good to both be beginners, together.”
 
“You're not afraid?”
 
Robin squeezed him tight. “There are so much bigger things to be afraid of.”
 
He had to admire her courage. Perhaps it was naïveté, but he didn't care. He'd made his mind up. “I'm not sure what kind of a father I'd make,” he said, quietly, and felt Robin go rigid in his arms. “Or a husband, for that matter,” he added. When Robin moved to look at his face, there were tears in her eyes. “But I know you're the only person who makes me want to find out,” he said.
 
“Thank you,” she whispered. “Amon…thank you…”
 
When she kissed him, her lips tasted of salt.
 
She pulled away, and scratched her nose. “Your beard tickles. I don't like it.”
 
“I've heard that honesty is important, in these arrangements. I'll have to shave.” He moved to leave the bed.
 
“Can I help?” Robin asked.
 
“Help me shave?”
 
He watched her ears go pink. “Help bathe you in general.”
 
Amon licked his lips, crossed to her, and in one motion, swept her off her feet. “Only if you let me return the favor,” he said.
 
THE END