Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Blind Love ❯ Breaking the News ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blind Love

Chapter 3- Breaking the News

By Miyu

"Yes…I know you're busy with STNJ work. But--don't you think you could just…no. I don't want you to have to--but it's not ABOUT me. Please."

Toko held the phone at her ear as she spoke softly into it as she always did when talking to Amon. Even if they weren't together anymore she still respected him greatly as a human being. She closed her eyes as she lay back on the couch.

"You're not listening. It's about Robin. What? Yes. I said Robin. Alright. I'll see you soon then."

Toko hung up the phone and let out a long exasperated sigh. Robin had still not eaten anything and insisted on being left alone in her room, which was the only room she had memorized where things were due to her morning routine. She wouldn't even let Toko in to give her breakfast or anything. It was becoming ridiculous how she was starving herself through grief.

***

Around noon that day Amon rang the doorbell and Toko answered as always, leading him to Robin's room. She knocked on the door.

"Robin…please…"

"No."

Amon sighed and knocked.

"Robin!"

Robin sat up out of her bed abruptly.

'I know that voice.'

She didn't say anything and truthfully even if she had wanted to she probably couldn't have. The words seemed stuck in her throat as she thought of all things Amon could say and all the responses he could make. Good or bad. Robin crawled under her covers as she heard the door creak open and a weight fall upon her bed. Her head was buried beneath her pillow as to not expose her face. Amon sighed and said nothing for what seemed like an eternity until it seemed he could stand it no longer.

"Robin. What's happened to you?"

Robin rolled over on the bed and refused to look at him…not that she could have anyway…

"Answer me." Amon demanded, putting his hand on her shoulder and roughly turning her to face him.

She winced at his touch and attempted to turn away only to have him turn her face to meet his again. Her eyes were closed.

"Look at me Robin."

"No…I can't."

"Why not? Just open your eyes and look at me. Then tell me what's wrong."

"Don't you understand? I can't!" she exploded, opening her eyes.

Amon caught the blankness and emptiness. How was it she looked like that? Her eyes had begun to glaze over and the blue was fading. Was this because of--?

"Robin…"

"Yes…you don't need to ask…"

She sat up and pulled the covers up over herself, setting her hands in her lap.

"I'm blind. You can just go ahead and say it. I'm useless to you…to everyone at the STNJ…"

Amon seemed speechless for once, as if he couldn't muster the courage to say a word. Why was it she made him this way…even when she wasn't blind? He was confused, and hurt in a way because of her obstinance to tell him of her new-found handicap. Despite the news, he didn't loose his cool as Robin started to cry.

"Stop crying. There's nothing we can do."

"No…you're right. You should just leave now. Tell them at headquarters that I've resigned. If they need a signature on the paperwork leave it with Toko and I'll sign it."

"Don't talk like that. They would never just drop you like a rock. You must understand that by now."

"No. You never know what they'd do. If you'd worked with headquarters like I have you'd know."

"I have."

"Well if that's true then why do you always make them sound so good. Their intentions are never like they seem."

"I know that as well as you do."

"Well if that's true…why then do you insi--"

Robin was cut off by the sudden impact of Amon's lips against hers. Obviously she hadn't been expecting it considering she couldn't see him. As Amon pulled away Robin brushed a stray strand of hair out of her eyes, seemingly in sudden shock.

"I…"

"I'm sorry Robin. I must go now."

And that was the last time she had talked to him.

~*~*~

A week had passed and Robin hadn't heard one word from headquarters OR Amon.

'Has he forgotten about me?'

~*~*~ Sorry this chappie was so short but I have a big drama production coming up this Friday and Saturday and I haven't had much time to work on it. I promise the next chapter will be better. ~*~*~