Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ The Beautiful Howling ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tsume went to the last place Hige saw Toboe, but he couldn't find her. He sniffed the air for signs of which direction she might have gone. When he finally caugth her scent, he followed it to a dense forest. They had already been there earlier that day. He followed her scent to a hole.
He sat the dead bird he had been carrying around on the ground and sniffed the hole. "Go away...", she said.
Tsume ignored her and walked in. Toboe began growling at him. Tsume continued to ignore this and sat down in front of her. "Don't look at me.", she whispered as she hid her face with her knees. She was sitting as she usually did, with her arms embracing her legs.
"You need to eat.", he said. He left for a moment then returned with the crow he killed. He tried to hand it to her, but she swatted it away.
He tried to to touch her, but she swatted him away again. "Toboe...", he said. This just seemed to enrage her. "Get out!", she yelled at him.
He tried to move closer to her, but she attacked him. She bit his left shoulder and pushed him far away. Instead of leaving quietly, he got mad and threw the bird at her. It hit the wall and as it did, blood splattered on Toboe's face. She pushed him out of her den completely, then receeded.

Tsume left and went to the lake were Toboe had been earlier. He inspected the wound inflicted by Toboe, a tacit reminder of how much he had hurt her. "Toboe, you're so stupid.", he said to himself. He knew that his gift wouldn't be enough to redeem himself, but he had hoped that she would at least accept it. Had he pushed her so far that he would never be able to hold her?
About ten minutes passed before he decided to try again. As he slowly walked toward the newly-dug den, he noticed that she had some out and was staring at the sky again. Toboe looked around and as soon as she saw him, she cowered in fear like a dog being scolded by it's owner. She quickly crawled back into her den. Upon closer insection, Tsume saw that she had also removed the fully intact bird from her den as if to warn him.
Tsume walked into the den, but didn't hear her growl. In fact, she didn't do anything. Now, she was ignoring him.
"Toboe.", he said. He leaned in closer to her and lifted his hand. Of course, she swatted it away.
For what seemed like hours, they sat there in silence. "I'm sorry...", he whispered.
Toboe began to cry. Tsume didn't know what to do. He saw the blood on her cheek and carefully lifted his hand to wipe it. She didn't move, so he proceeded to remove the tear-soaked blood from her face.
"Why are you doing this to me?", she asked in a whispered tone.
"What?", he asked.
"Treating me like a girl; like I'm not as good as you.", she looked up at him, angrily.
"I don't understand.", Tsume said.
"You're wasting your time.", she said.
"Doing what?"
"Pretending to care about me."
"What makes you think I'm pretending?"
"Don't do that.", she said. "Don't pretend like you don't know."
"What?", Tsume was confused.
"Like you don't know that I have feelings for you."
"I do know...", He trailed off. "But that doesn't mean that I don't love you!"
"Right.", Toboe laughed, sarcastically.
"No, I DO.", he said. "Toboe, I love you!" He raised his hands to touch her.
"Keep your hands to yourself.", she warned him. When he didn't listen to her, she kicked dirt at him and began crying. "Fuck you!", she yelled, furiously. "Get out!" She didn't want to believe that he was serious, at least not after what he had put her through.
Tsume refused to leave. Instead, he grabbed Toboe by the shoulders and banged her back against the wall twice, hoping that it would knock some sense into her. Then he kissed her.
At first, her body was rigid against his touch, but it slowly melted and she began to kiss back.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There WILL be a Chapter Six!!!
I HEART REVIEWS!!!