Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ The Frozen Lunar Flower ❯ New Dreams ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7
Blue carried Miko's cat carrier in one hand and a suitcase in the other as she and Hige walked up the stairs of the apartment complex. She couldn't believe that she was actually going to leave Pops, but then again, he was never home any more and wouldn't really notice that she was gone. She looked outside the windows that were spaced evenly throughout the staircase. The night was clear and the moon was out again. It just all seemed perfect, soothing, yet at the same time so very exciting.
"You're absolutely sure you don't mind me staying with you, Hige?" asked Blue as Hige put the key to his apartment into the lock. "I mean, I don't want to be a bother or anything."
Hige sighed as he pushed the door open and took Blue's suitcase from her. "You know, I was the one who suggested this whole thing, right?" Blue followed him into the apartment and shut the door behind her before she put Miko's carrier on the ground.
"Well, yeah, it was your idea, but I still don't want to be a burden on you."
"You're no burden, I promise," insisted Hige. "I'll set up a bed in the extra room for you, unless you want to stay in my room that is." Blue felt her face flush, but didn't say anything because she really didn't know what to say. "Aw, you can't just say nothing to that!" Hige set the suitcase next to the sofa and pulled Blue towards him.
"Well, honestly!" Blue wrapped her arms around Hige's neck rest her head on his chest. "You can't expect me to be able to come up with something to say to that so easily." Hige put his arms around her waist and tucked his hands into the back pockets of her jeans.
"Maybe not, but still, it would have been amusing to see what your response would have been, although I really did mean what I said." Blue nodded and kissed Hige lightly on the cheek. There she goes with the cute stuff again, thought Hige. But it's so freakin adorable! He pulled Blue even closer to him, almost falling onto the sofa in the process, and kissed her lips softly. He could taste her peach flavoured lip gloss on his own lips when they broke apart, but Blue leaned forward and kissed him again, catching him off guard as he fell on his back onto the couch with her on top of him.
Blue tried so hard to keep her mind thinking logically, but all she could think about were how things lined up between her and Hige. It seemed like he fit against her perfectly, like the matching piece of a puzzle. She felt his hands running along her sides and it made every nerve stand on edge.
"Blue, do you really want to do this on the couch?" asked Hige when Blue took a breath. Blue suddenly realized exactly what was happening and began to blush furiously. "I can still walk for now, so we could go find a more comfortable spot." Hige grinned flirtatiously while Blue pushed herself up and let Hige lead her to the back bedroom.

For what felt like the next two hours, Blue was experiencing dozens of new things. Hige was touching her in ways she didn't even think about even in her craziest dreams, but at the same time she loved it, especially the way his hands just seemed to know exactly where to touch. Also the fact that he was so careful with her, almost as if he were afraid she would shatter like glass. Whenever something made her nervous or shiver with delight, he would just whisper comforting words in her ear and she would relax.
She let her hands wander over his shoulders and a little farther down his back, pulling herself even closer to him. Blue could feel his muscles shake slightly when her fingers ran over his back, and she could almost hear her own blood rushing through her body as Hige began to kiss her neck, then her collar bone and eventually a little lower. She felt a very sharp pain below her hips, but Hige kissed her before she could make a sound. Her eyes watered up a little and one small tear rolled down her cheek, and even though she was quivering she didn't worry. There wasn't enough room in her mind to worry, because she could feel every muscle in her body get tighter, every nerve cell get more sensitive. It was just completely overwhelming to all of her senses. Before she knew it, she saw stars and felt her whole body grow warm and weak at the same time.
Hige panted slightly, still using his arms to support himself over Blue. Every muscle in his body seemed to be screaming for oxygen, but he couldn't seem to be able to take in enough air. Blue lifted a shaky hand and ran her fingers through his hair, the ends damp from the sweat on his body. Hige eventually rolled off of Blue, still completely exhausted.
Blue suddenly began to become aware of how cold she was now. The ceiling fan kept blowing air around the room and onto her slightly damp skin. It felt as if she were outside in the snow after a shower. She crossed her arms across her chest and rolled onto her side, letting her head sink into the soft pillow under it. Hige had dropped off to sleep, his face relaxed and his breathing a lot slower. Blue couldn't help but smile as she curled up next to him. He was so much warmer than she was! She let her chin lightly lean against his shoulder as she closed her blue eyes and began to sleep.