Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ true paradise ❯ the cry of a wolf part 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-no point of view-hige looked around. he was in the middle of a forest. but this forest.. strangely, it resembled a city. he looked around, and at himself. he was in wolf form, so he reverted to his human state to better grasp his situation. of course this had no effect whatsoever, so he began blindly searching for something that would explain what he was doing there.kiba appeared at a beach of a lake. he opened his eyes and stood up, blinking the light out of his eyes. he looked around. forest was spread about him, while a lake with pure white sand and aquamarine clear water sparkled in front of him. he was utterly lost and alone, and yet he had never felt so pleasant in his life. it seemed so familiar, yet he could not place it.blue, unconscious, was draped in vines and hanging limply from yet more vines in the middle of a forest that looked oddly like a city.tsume awoke, startled, in the middle of an open field. the grass was about a half of a foot long, bright emerald green, surrounded by beautiful trees. he immediately arose and assumed a defensive stance even before his memories had all flooded back to him. though he had no idea what this beautiful place was, he was not at all interested. after all, its not like anything good was ever real. it was always a false happiness, like a lovely mirage that he simply could not grasp. but at that precise moment, he heard a distinct cry in the distance. he knew that cry better than he knew himself. his mind suddenly cleared of all thoughts and only one thing was on his mind. he had to get to that sound. he had to. he ran and ran without stopping towards the last place he had heard the cry. he had never run so hard in his life. nothing could stop him now. he ran day and night tirelessly, and finally the sound stopped. he stopped almost as abruptly as it did. he sat and looked around, for some sign of movement. he had no time to think or process anything that was happening at the time, but for the most part he knew that he was being tackled and knocked to the ground. he heard that familiar voice he had been waiting patiently for for so long, even in between the showers of licks he was receiving. "TSUMEEEEE!!!" yelled toboe.