X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ X Tales ❯ Unexpected Halloween Visitor ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: Since Halloween is coming and I see many fanfic are trying to put fairy tales, I thought that maybe a Halloween stories would be interesting, especially if it involves with these characters. I know I'm having problems with grammars, but just bear with me. I hope you enjoy this fic and thank you.

Disclaimer: I do not own X or the up-coming Halloween stories.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~

Tonight was Halloween. The night was dark with an eerie cold wind. Autumn leaves were hanging onto the branches of tree, unwilling to let go of its grips to fall. The streets were full of dim light with chatters of children walking around in their costumes with their parents. In their hands were bags of goodies where they went from door to door, begging for candy. Teenagers would either stay home to give treats or go to Halloween party. Some would dare each other to stay in spooky places such as haunted house or cemetery. Others would have a séance to bring the dead back to the living or telling scary stories about ghosts, witches, and vampires. Ah yes, Halloween's the perfect holiday to be scare and having fun. But what you didn't know is it's also the perfect holiday for angst people to angst over. Want to know why? Well, here's how it goes:

Shirou Kamui was in his room on a Halloween night. His...... companions were too busy for tonight. Nekoi Yuzuriha went trick-or-treating, dressed as a cat to celebrate Halloween with Inuki. Arisugawa Sorata went to the Halloween party, dragging Kishu Arashi with him. Aoki Seiichirou was at work, and then afterwards, goes trick-or-treating with his wife and daughter. Kasumi Karen was too, working in Soapland. Once her shift was over, she'll be heading to church to help give candies and treats to children and homeless people. Although Halloween was not Sumeragi Subaru's favorite and he would rather angst than celebrate this spooky holiday, he was too busy performing exorcism against spirits since Halloween is the day where the living and spirit world intertwined the most.

Having a place to himself with no disturbance was all what Kamui needed. He welcomed the darkness to comfort him with everlasting peace. He lay on his bed; hands clasped together and refused to open his eyes again. Flashing through his mind were memories of his life, from the day he played with the Monou children to Fuuma skewered Kotori till now. All his life, he's been suffer from his destiny of whether or not he should help mankind or rescue Fuuma. He was longing to have a normal life, to be free, and to be able to control his life. But no matter what he do or avoid, he found himself entangled in the web of fate. Now even a speck of his reminiscent would give him a blissful peace.

As the slender boy rested through the internal night, he felt a draft touched his face. Feel disrupted, Kamui opened his grayish-blue eyes and looked up. In his solitary, he saw a window wide opened with curtains flying back and fourth like ghosts making a hypnotic dance. Curious of how his window was opened, the Dragon of Heaven got up and looked into the view that set before him. Outside his window, Kamui could hear the laughter of children. He could see the smile of the mother when she chuckled at her children. Even in the corner of the street, he could see a helpless boy trying to get his bag of candies from the bullies before help could come.

Angst and depression flushed through his veins as he raised his hand to bury his face. The laughter reminded him of his child youth where there are no worries, but happiness. The smile had him remembered of his mother where they spent time together. But seeing the boy made him wished never to recollect that moment for he had a flash of himself being helpless to save Kotori. Never want to see the sight, Kamui shut the window violently. As he turned around, the Dragon of Heaven surprisingly gasped of what set before him.

Sitting on his bed was a tall man with his arm crossed. Adjusting his sunglasses, the man looked up and smiled to Kamui. A mixture of fear and happiness spread through the boy's body as he watched the man rose up. A part of him wanted to step back, yet his other wanted to come closer to him. When the man approached him, one word came out from the fatigue boy's mouth.

"Fuuma...."

"Nah uh, it's `Kamui', not that boy you've wanted to see." The dark Twin Star smiled as he wagged his finger. Shock whelmed Kamui's body as he gasped with eyes widened. Seeing that look made the Dragon of Earth smirked as he walked toward the boy. Never wanted to be the prey to a predator, he tried to be brave enough to withstand Fuuma, but his body disobeyed him as he backed out. His back was pressed against the cold glass surface with his Twin Star stand before him. There's no where to run, no where to hide, unable to fight, and no chance of escape for Kamui. The Dragon of Earth placed his hand against the wall while his other hand went into his pocket. He leaned close to the frightening boy and said, "Now tell me. What are you doing in your room while your friends are having fun?"

Surprised by his remark, the Dragon of Heaven stared at the Angel confused. Usually Fuuma would either bring trauma, torture, or trying to kill him. But this certainly got him off guard; Kamui had never seen that coming. Somehow, his instincts told him to be careful. The Seal wondered what his Twin Star is up to. Taking off his glasses, the version of Kamui's friend lifted the confused boy's chin and looked into his eyes as if he could read his soul.

"You haven't answered my question." Fuuma sneered. Coming out of his daze, Kamui pushed the Angel out and looked at him with glaring face.

"What do you mean what am I doing in my room? What are you doing here? Why do you care what I'm doing if you wanted to kill me?" Kamui demanded.

Placing his glasses back, the Dragon of Earth chuckled and gave the Seal an amusing smirk. He came up to his smaller Twin Star and placed his hand on his slender shoulder. Fuuma replied, "Well, tonight is Halloween, the day of the dead and spirits. You should be out, having fun with your friends instead of being coop up in this room. Besides, I want you to enjoy your every ounce of happiness before the Promise Day come."

Angered by his answer, Kamui smacked the Angel's hand off his shoulder and shouted. "Dammit! If you want fun, then go out! I don't give a damn about it! All I want is to be left alone! Who cares if it's Halloween? Who give a damn if I want to have fun or scare? Hell, just leave me alone!"

Kamui promptly lay on his bed, closed his eyes with his arm on top. His life was ruined, so what the use of fixing it if it damage ten times greater. In fact, he wished he could die right now. The Dragon of Heaven heard the window opened, thinking that his Twin Star just left. As he opened his eyes, he could see Fuuma sitting on the window ledge, smoking a cigarette. Sat up properly, the pissed boy questioned, "What are you doing here? I told you to leave me alone! Why are you waiting here for anyway?"

The Dark Kamui didn't reply. Instead he puffed his cigarette while looking out the window. A minute or two had passed by and it began to irritate the Seal. Before Kamui could shout, the Angel threw the butt of the cigarette out the window and said. "How about this, since this is Halloween, I'll tell you a horror story. If you get scare, I'll leave. But if you don't, then I'll tell you another horror story until you get scare. And you must be honest of what you think, or else you might face the consequences. Is that a deal?"

Hearing his suggestion, Kamui didn't answer but glared at him. The Dragon of Heaven found that it's too childish, listening to horror stories on Halloween. In fact, he wasn't a child so how could it make him scare? However, he found it useful to get the Dragon of Earth out since he wouldn't leave him alone. Agreeable, the ebony boy scooted over the bed to make room for Fuuma and sat cross-legged. Seeing that his Twin Star agreed, the Dark Kamui walked across the room and sat across from him.

"Okay what I'm about to tell you will become a true story since this is base in the future, thanks to my dreamseer. Now, prepare to be afraid, for this story starts after the Promise Day."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~

A/N: Geez, I wonder what 'Kamui' is going to tell us. Would Kamui get scare from his horror stories or not? I'll give you some hints of what the story will be, it involved with Subaru and shikigami. If you know any Halloween stories, please feel free to tell me, it would be grateful of you to help me. So far, I could think up to four stories to put into this fic. Thank you for reading this fic and feel free to review me or send a Halloween stories.