X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ X Tales ❯ The Headless Maiden Part 1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: I hope I could finish this fic before Halloween, that is if I'm not too busy. Anyway, I apologized to your readers about the previous chapter if you were confused because I was afraid that you would be having trouble reading poetry. Some poetry are quite confusing to read than a story like Shakespear's sonnets. But no need to worry, there won't be any Halloween poetry anymore. Now before we begin, I've split the story in have because......... Well, let's just say I want to put suspense on you to figure out what happen. Anyway, I thanked you for reading this fic and hope you enjoy this fic.

Disclaimer: I do not or X characters or Washinton Irving's Legend of the Sleepy Hollow.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~

Just as the Dark Kamui closed the door, Kamui rested his head on his pillow and closed his eyes. Suddenly, he snapped his eyes open as he realized what had happened. He noticed that Fuuma had left his room, giving him a chance to have peace. The Seal hurried out of bed and opened his door. In the hall, the Dragon of Heaven saw no sight of his Twin Star. Relieved that the Angel wasn't there, Kamui shut the door and locked it. Once he finished, he turned around to lock the window. However, he bumped against a hard surface which made him fell. As the slender boy looked up, he saw a pair of sunglasses looking down at him. Though he couldn't see the Dragon of Earth's eyes, he sensed authority and demanding behind the glasses.

"Care to tell me what you're doing, locking the door?" He questioned. At first, Kamui was surprised to see Fuuma back in his room. One moment, the Angel went out the door and the next thing, he stood before him. The Seal wondered how he came back so fast. Peering down, the Dragon of Heaven saw a package covered in cloth in his Twin Star's hand. Afraid of what the Dark Kamui might do to him with his package, the fallen boy fibbed.

"I was locking up my door because... I don't want anyone interrupting your story. Yeah, that's it. You wouldn't want anyone interrupt your horror story, so I locked it up for you. So what do you think?"

Although he could sensed that his smaller Twin Star lied, the Angel wouldn't care if anyone intrude them, unless it's the Seals. Fuuma motioned Kamui to sit back on his bed. Aware of the Dragon of Earth's corrupted mind, the Dragon of Heaven got up and went to his bed. As he took his seat, the Seat saw the Dark Kamui removed the cloth from his package. The package was long and dangerous when Kamui saw his reflection on the cold steel blade.

"What the hell are you doing with that Shikon Sword?" Kamui shockingly asked. Fuuma leveled the sword to his shoulder and smirked. He sensed a tense of fear inside his smaller Twin Star as he held the blade close to his face.

"Oh this, I just brought it to tell the story of `The Headless Maiden'."

"The Headless Maiden?" Kamui croaked. His color paled as his grayish-blue eyes widen with shock. It wasn't the Shikon Sword or the title that scared him. However, the title did affect him for he remembered of his past. He saw flashes of gruesome images of his aunt and Kotori's bodies cut up. Blood splashed everywhere as their bodies were disconnected. The Seal even remembered their blank faces with their eyes shown no emotion or full of life. When he saw his smaller Twin Star was in a trance, the Angel gently lifted his chin with the tip of the Shikon Sword and looked into the dazed eyes of the Seal with his unemotional eyes. Bored of the Dragon of Heaven's unconscious mind, the Dark Kamui spoke.

"Yes, the Headless Maiden."

Snapped out of his trance, Kamui found himself in a difficult position. He felt the cold blade underneath his chin, poking at his neck. Looked up, the Seal felt the icy fear ran down his body as the sadistic smile spread apart the Angel's face. Is he trying to kill me because I told him his story sucks?Kamui thought. Sensed what the Dragon of Heaven thought, the Dragon of Earth replied. "No, I won't kill you......yet. I just tried to snap you out. Now that you're awakening, care to hear the tale of the Headless Maiden?"

Not wanted to know what twisted mind the Angel had, Kamui quietly replied yes. Amused, the Dark Kamui lowered his Shikon Sword from his smaller Twin Star and sat next to him to tell this horror story.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was a dark moonless night in Tokyo. The cold winds whistled through the branches of the trees. The lights of streetlamps flickered in the busy streets as people walked and talked, minding their own businesses. Deep in the dark alley emerged a tall man. He watched from left to right through his dark shade to see if someone grew suspicious. No one was aware. He smirked as he walked out, making his black trench coat floated across the sidewalk. Never wanted to draw attention, he placed his bloody hand into his pocket while he pulled himself a cigarette. He placed the paper-wrapped tobacco on his lips and went to get his lighter. Trying to find his lighter, he heard a click. He lifted his head and saw a lighter in front of him. Stood before him was a blond man in a trench coat, smiled. The blond men spoke, "Need a light, Sakurazukamori?"

"Don't mind if I do, Yuuto." Seishirou replied as he lighted his cigarette. The two Chi no Ryu walked through the streets of Tokyo, having conversation about their jobs, acquaintances, and the Promise Day. When they reached Ueno Park, they decided to take a scroll. Moths danced rapidly under the luminous rays of lampposts. Branches swayed back and fourth through the wind. It was a peaceful scenery as the two Angels walked. Until they heard a voice cried, "Excuse me?"

The assassin and the water master turned their heads to see a small slender young man. He wore a black uniform with red trimmings around the edges. His ebony hair blew gently which his bangs covered his grayish-blue eyes. The two Angels wondered why a boy would be doing in the park in the middle of the night. The young man asked, "Do you know where I could find Clamp Campus?"

Blinking stare at the boy, the Chi no Ryu didn't reply. But once they realized he wanted to know where the school was, the Sakurazukamori smirked and gave directions to the boy. The young boy thanked him and left. Once the boy was out of sight, the two Chi no Ryu began their conversation.

"Heh, cute kid, although I preferred Subaru better than him."

"Well I don't know about you, Seishirou. But if I were you, I would watch my back."

"Oh, and how so?" Seishirou questioned as he took off his sunglasses to reveal his mix matched eyes.

"After my tea time with Satsuki, her Beast told her that there will be a new student in Clamp Campus."

"And you believed it's that boy we've speak to?"

"Why yes, the boy goes by the name Shirou Kamui and according to her Beast, Satsuki told me that he's quite extraordinary."

"Really? How extraordinary is this boy?"

"Well, she told me that this boy used to live in Tokyo six years ago. However, he somehow mysteriously disappeared with his mother. Recently, there was some news, explaining that his mother died in a fire. Since this incident, the boy came back to Tokyo. No one knows who set the Shirou's house on fire or why the boy mysteriously returned after six years. So if you ask me, I'll say that having a boy attach to us will bring us trouble."

Sakurazukamori chuckled before he brought out his cigarette to smoke. He placed his sunglasses back as he asked Yuuto to hand him his lighter. With a puff of smoke, the assassin spoke. "That's quite interesting, but still, it doesn't explain how this boy is extraordinary."

"Well if you remember our destiny for the Promise Day, you should know that Kamui had the power to decide what Earth's fate is."

"I know that, but what made this boy so extraordinary?"

Yuuto shrugged his shoulder as he and his fellow Angel walked through the park. "I really don't know, Sakurazukamori. However, we should keep an eye on him. I mean, who knows which side would he choose?"

"It doesn't really bother me. But I should say that whoever close to the boy will meet his end. After all, anyone who is attaching to us would mostly die."

As days turned into weeks as weeks turned into months, the Sakurazukamori found himself in an unpleasant situation. Ever since Kamui came to Tokyo, he found out that Subaru was helping the young man on homework. Though Seishirou was an emotionless assassin, he knew that this was not right for his prey and the young boy to be together. He couldn't help, but felt that the Dragon of Heaven would stop his wish. But what to stop the Head of the Seal?

When Sakurazukamori pondered, he heard a chatter of high school girls. He listened to their conversation and it gave him an idea. The dark onmyouji smirked as he disappeared into the wind, sakura petals fluttered everywhere.

It was Halloween night and everyone was celebrating the holiday. Some went to party or trick-or-treating, but Kamui and Subaru were invited to a séance party. Though the two angst boys didn't want to go, their fellow Seals dragged them to Kyoto, Subaru's birth town. As they reached the party, the Seal dropped the young boy and the onmyouji off and drove away. Not wanting to attend the séance, the Dragon of Heaven decided to leave. But they were being dragged in by high school girls.

"Thanks for coming over, we were worried that you've having trouble finding it."

"But-"

"Don't worry, we gonna have tons of fun."

"But we-"

"Ah, welcome gentlemen." A voice cried. The two Seals turned their attention to see a young man in his mid-twenties. He had a short sandy brown hair and a honey brown eyes behind his small slim glasses. Subaru was awed shock by the man before him. The man smiled and shook hands with Kamui.

"My name is Sei Tooyayami, it's nice to have you for our séance. Now tell me, what is your name?"

"Shirou Kamui."

"Shirou Kamui, how nice to meet you and who's your friend?"

"My name is Sumeragi Subaru," the onmyouji spoke, shook hands with Sei.

"It's nice to meet you too. And by the way, that name sounds so cute for you, Sumeragi-san."

Although the angst man would blush at that reply, he did not and said. "Tooyayami-san, you've somehow reminded me of someone I knew."

Sei smiled, "Is that so? Well, would you like to tell me who this person might be?"

What he received was a silence and a glare from the onmyouji. The young man smiled and showed them to their party. Thought Sei was hosting the séance, he was really Seishirou Sakurazukamori who used his illusions to cover his identity. However, he wasn't quite sure if Subaru had figured it out or not. As they entered a dark room with dim lighted candles, the Seal saw a large round table with chairs surrounded it. Sei preceded them to sit down while he gathered his books and candles for the séance.

As he placed the items on the table, he also brought a still photo, ouija board, and a bowl of sakura petals. Sei arranged the items as his assistants took their seats. The host took his seat and clasped his hands together as he smiled to his two guests. He explained, "Before we begin, I like to explain this séance so you would understand. You know that séance, meaning `sitting session' in French, is a group of people who contact the spirit of the dead. But what you didn't know is séance was used for solving some unfinished business of the spirit, not having conversation with them. Now, do any of you know any spirits to contact to solve their unfinished business?"

Though the two Seals knew who to contact, they were deep in their thoughts of what to ask. Kamui wanted to contact his mother and ask her how he would prevent the fate of his friend from the world's fate. Subaru thought of contacting his sister, Hokuto and demanding to know why she would allow herself to be killed and let him suffered through these torments.

"Well, do you have any spirits to contact?"

The two Dragon of Heaven nodded their head. Sei smiled and said, "Good, I hope this might solve their unfinished business. Now séance could only take place when the place you want to hold is quiet, it doesn't matter whether it's daylight or not. You could either have a table or use the floor to form a circle so we could hold hands to raise our energy to summon the spirit. We use the still photo and ouija board to help the spirits communicate with us, but we won't use the ouija board if you don't want to. Now, the candles are to help guide the spirits toward us and we use flowers to attract the spirits."

"But does it have to be sakura petals?"

"No Kamui, it doesn't matter which flowers you have to use to contact the spirits as long as the flowers are fresh. Besides, I like sakura."

Thinking that it might be Seishirou, Subaru questioned the host why sakura are pink. Since Seishirou knew that Subaru would get onto him, he answered it about the figments of the plants. After learning that it's not Seishirou, Subaru kept his mouth silent. Once the onmyouji was quiet, Sei explained that he'll contact the spirit that Kamui wanted to summon first before summoning the spirit that Subaru wanted to contact. The host told everyone to hold hands while he recited the rituals to help protect them before summoning the spirits.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~

A/N: Well, there you have it, the first half of the Headless Maiden. I wonder what's going to happen during the séance. In fact, we haven't heard from Kamui and 'Kamui' since the beginning of the chapter. And what with the Shikon Sword that Fuuma had plan? If you want the story to continue, please be patient for I had so many things to do that I'm afraid I won't be update it sooner than I thought. And once again, I thank you for enjoying this fic.