Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Living Shinigami ❯ Shikigami ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Okay, this chapter was kinda hard to write. For one thing, I couldn’t find anywhere that said whether or not Kurikara became Hisoka’s shiki, so I decided that no, he didn’t. If that’s what actually happened, then yay. If not, then who cares. Artistic license and all that. Well, enough of that. I don’t own Yami no Matsuei or Gundam Wing. I do, however own this story idea. It’s mine. Alright, enjoy the chapter, read and review!

“Living Shinigami”

Chapter Seven

Shikikami

“It’s a summoning sutra.”

“What is that?” Heero asked, leaning over Quatre shoulder to peer at the computer screen.

“Well, they supposedly summon things from other worlds, spirits, demons, the works,” the blond said, gesturing toward the screen. “From what I can figure out, Dou’s was supposed to summon this ‘Kijin’ from someplace called the ‘imaginary world.’ I can’t make heads or tails of it. Trowa, do you have any ideas?”

“The name Kijin sounds familiar,” Trowa said, thinking. “I believe Wufei may have mentioned it once. Try cross-referencing it with Chinese and Japanese mythology.”

Quatre nodded, hands flying over the keyboard. “Found it. Kijin, the son of the dragon Soryuu, the god of water and guardian of the east. He was created when the emperor gave Soryuu a portion of his power to fight the god of fire, the dragon Kurikara. The power was so much that it flowed out of Soryuu and into the sky, creating Kijin, the king of thunder, and then into the sea, creating Tenko, the king of the sea.”

“But why would Duo try to summon a myth to save him?” Heero asked, confused. “And to use his own blood…”

“I always believed him to be Catholic,” Trowa commented.

“We also always believed his parents to have existed at least at one point.”

They looked up to see Sally leaning in the doorway, a folder on hand.

“What do you mean?” Quatre asked.

The woman doctor entered, pulling herself up a seat. “The DNA tests that we were running on him to find his parents came through. We tried to match him with the records from every single hospital that’s stood in the past century. No matches at all. I even checked the morgue records on plague victims. Nothing. Not only could we find no records of his parents, but there weren’t even partial matches, not even enough for someone to have been a third of fourth cousin. However, I did find something that may or may not be his birth certificate.”

“Really?” Quatre asked, his eyes lighting up. “Then you’ll be able to tell us his real name!”

Sally shook her head. “Not for a while. The hospital it’s at is buried under so much red tape that they could wrap the moon in it, and their records are all paper, so don’t bother trying to hack into it, Yuy.”

“Is there anything you can tell us?” Heero asked, raising an eyebrow. Hardcopy records, in this era?

“Just that the secretary I talked to remembered it because it was really odd, and they never saw the infant it was written for. And by the way, to support your theory on Duo having come from a Japanese family, the hospital was in Tokyo.”

----

“Kaa-chan! Kijin-kun!” Duo called out joyfully upon entering the library. Wufei tried not stare at two floating…chickens? as he was dragged past row upon row of books. At last, Kurosaki entered into view, along with a blue haired man dressed in an old fashioned kimono. The man turned toward them and Wufei suppress a shiver at his pupil-less eyes, which were pale enough blue to be almost white.

“Hijiri-kun, you’re already up,” Kijin said, slightly surprised. “I’d have thought that Watari-san would keep you in bed for at least another day.”

“Na, I heal fast,” Duo said with a grin, slinging an arm around the dragon’s shoulders. “Anyway, I thought that you and Wuffers needed a proper introduction since we were kinda in a rush earlier. Wufei, meet Kijin, wind shiki and dragon king of thunder. Kijin-kun, this is my comrade Chang Wufei.”

Awed, Wufei bowed low. “It is an honor, Kijin-sama.”

“Chang, hm? The dragon clan?” Kijin asked, smiling. He returned the bow. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, and I must thank you for keeping our young mischief maker out of trouble.”

“Maa, don’t be so mean, Kijin-kun,” Duo whined, latching onto him. “Kaa-chan, tell Kijin-kun that I don’t get into trouble all the time.”

Kurosaki smirked. “I thought you didn’t like it when people lied.”

“Hisoka-chan, don’t pick on Hijiri-kun.” Wakaba bounced up to them, glomping onto the braided shinigami, who wasn’t at all bothered by Terazuma’s glare. Both sending glares at each other, he and Tsuzuki had followed the girl in. “And you shouldn’t run off on us like that. What if you’d gotten lost again? The ministry building is really big and besides, I was about to come here anyway to get Kijin-san so we could open the gate.”

Duo grinned sheepishly. “Sorry, Wakaba-chan, but I was really excited to see Kijin-kun and wanted him to meet Wufei. Forgive me?”

He pulled a pair of puppy eyes and the girl squealed before tightening her grip. “Too cute! Alright, you’re forgiven.”

“Hisoka, are you going to come with us?” Tsuzuki asked his husband, head tipped to the side.

Hisoka shook his head. “I’d better not. You know what Soryuu thinks of me. How long do you think you’ll be gone?”

“Maybe a day or two,” Duo said, grinning as he was released from Wakaba’s hug. I’ll need enough time to get to know everybody again, and I know Kuri-chan will want to have most of a day without the others breathing down his neck.”

Kijin choked. “Kuri-chan? Have you called him that to his face?”

Duo nodded. “Yep. Said that he’d kill anyone else who tried though. He talks big, but he’s really a big softy underneath all that hair.”

Tsuzuki ruffled his son’s hair. “Only you would risk your life giving Kurikara a nickname, Hijiri-kun.”

It was Wufei’s turn to choke and he stared at his friend with wide eyes. “The Kurikara? The fire god of the forge? The one Soryuu defeated?”

“You won’t want to be reminding him of that,” Duo said, grinning. “But yeah, that Kurikara. He’s my shiki.”

Kijin nodded in agreement when Wufei turned disbelieving eyes to him. “It’s true. Just a couple days after Hijiri’s ‘birth,’ Tsuzuki brought him to the imaginary world to show us. We were barely starting the party when Kurikara showed up and picked him right up from his cradle. We thought that he was going to kill Hijiri until he announced that little Hijiri would be his master. It was too late to argue. The contract was already made, and only they can break it.”

Duo winced. “Man, I’d better apologize to him for calling you instead. He’s gonna be so mad at me!”