Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Addiction ❯ Beautiful Addiction ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Yami no Matsuei belongs to Yoko Matsushita!

Summary: Hisoka tries not to think about it too much, but he knows Tsuzuki is a guilty pleasure. [Tsusoka]

A/N: This is rewritten! I posted it first under the username Chibi Reaper Death Chan. Um, the first version was kind’ve bad, so I decided to rewrite it. ^_^ Enjoy.




Being an empath was sometimes a pain in the ass. He felt other people’s emotions just as strongly as he felt his own. His powers of empathy seemed to triple whenever he was around his partner, Asato Tsuzuki. The violet eyed man had a long range of emotions, and sometimes they were so strong, Hisoka felt like he needed to hold on to something. It was like when they first met, and Tsuzuki had caught him walking towards an obviously restricted section of the building. Of course, Tsuzuki was angry because the green eyed Shinigami had stiffed him for lunch. That time, Tsuzuki’s anger had overtaken him, and Hisoka had slumped against the wall like some useless doll.

That was the first time his partner knew about his powers.

As the months passed, it became increasingly clearer each day that Tsuzuki’s emotions were not something he could effectively ignore. The violet eyed Shinigami got ridiculously happy about everything, including sweets, Tatsumi, Watari, Yuma and Saya, and Hisoka himself. It was such a wealth of emotions and Hisoka found, much to his chagrin, that he was beginning to like these bursts of happiness from his partner.

Today was especially difficult to ignore the older man sitting across from him, and it was all Wakaba’s fault. The blonde Shinigami had made Tsuzuki a basket of cookies, and the violet-eyed man was currently wolfing them all down, waves of happiness and contentment rolling off of him. Hisoka tried to fight down the affectionate smile that threatened to overtake his face whenever his partner made happy smacking noises with his lips.

But it was starting to annoy him.

Sighing, Hisoka stood from his chair, catching the older man’s eyes. Tsuzuki smiled as he munched on a cookie held tightly between his fingers, and spoke without even swallowing.

“Where are you going, ‘Soka?” It was a simple question, nothing more, but the green-eyed boy felt his cheeks heat at the loving smile his partner gave him.

“I’m going for a walk.” The light haired teen replied, shoving his hands into his pockets and moving towards the door. Just as he was about to walk out into the hallway, a hand firmly gripped his elbow, and he was spun around to face his violet-eyed partner. Tsuzuki had wiped all traces of his cookie craze from his mouth, and was staring at his partner with pure love swimming in his eyes.

Tsuzuki’s spiking emotional pattern spoke volumes to the smaller man.

He almost expected it when the violet-eyed man swooped down to claim his lips, and Hisoka tried to ignore the taste of cookies left over in the man’s mouth.

“I’ll miss you.” Tsuzuki smiled, giving the light-haired teen’s bottom lip an affectionate nip before making his way back over to his basket of cookies. The sound of lips smacking in contentment and happiness made Hisoka shake his head and mutter, “Baka,” behind his back.

He tried not to think about how the feelings of contentment and happiness made his head buzz pleasantly.



~Owari~




A/N: And there it is, rewritten. Ha! Eventually I’ll post the original version, but until then, review and tell me what you thought. ^_^