Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Glasses ❯ Glasses ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Glasses
Anime: Yami no Matsuei
Rating: Pre-Teen or PG
 
 
-------
Hi again! I've sudden gone on a bit of a writing blitz lately, and woke up with this fic in my head after showing a friend the whole YnM anime (for a 100% straight guy, he really, really liked it-and scarily enough really liked everyone's favorite Dr. Badtouch). I got really interested in how Dr. Muraki went from terriorized young boy to the revenge-bent man he was at the time of the anime. It only took me about an hour to type it down and edit it a bit. I'm amazed that I actually wrote something that didn't directly involve man on man smut, and that I'm publishing it.
 
But don't worry, I've got one multi-chapter from this YnM, featuring some rather twisted Mur/Tsu action coming up, kay? I'll keep you all posted when I ship it out!
 
-Jaila Heyn
-------
 
 
Japan, 1982
 
 
"E,F,P,T,O,Z,L,P,E,D,P,E,C,F,D,E,D,F,C,Z,P"
 
"Very good, Kazutaka-san. Now, can you read the letters below that green line?"
 
I watched the optometrist patiently lead young Master though the rest of the chart. For weeks he�d complained of eye strain while he studied. I�ve suggested that he perhaps lighten his load a bit-he studied a great deal more than most honor students in his school-but the boy was very, very focused and determined.
 
Boy? I forget sometimes that a lot has changed since that fateful afternoon two years ago, mostly with my Master. He shot up tall as a reed and just as lanky. His face had leaned out, revealing his mother�s pointed chin and his father�s aristocratic nose. Wide and scared gray eyes morphed to the sharp silver orbs that the doctor shone light from his pocket penlight into. In short, the frightened boy I saved from certain death has grown into a more sufficient young man.
 
I'd do best to remember that.
 
"It seems that you are developing a slight case of nearsightedness," the older man said, jotting down on a prescription pad. "You're going to need reading glasses. We�ll start with a weaker prescription at first, just to see how they do." He reached into his black bag and pulled out a small glasses case. "I brought a pair of light readers for you to wear until your new ones are ready. Mind you, you must take good care of your eyes. Sakaki tells me you read into all hours of the night. Your eyes need to rest."
 
Kazutaka-san listened patiently to the small lecture as he took the glasses out of the case. I shook my head, with a chuckle in my throat. This had to be the biggest change of all. Were he 16 again, sitting in that chair, I'm sure we would be subject to typical sullen teenage pouting about his newest accessory. He was quite a handful, before that demon entered our lives.
 
But this was two years later, and the quiet young man simply nodded in agreement with the doctor and put the glasses on. Rising, he looked into the mirror that sat over his dresser. From his slight lean forward, I knew that I'd have to raise the glass up another inch or two. How that young man was growing.
 
The glasses were large on his face, the wire rims not dominating, but accentuating those silver eyes. He pushed a few platinum strands out of his face and looked once again.
 
I took that moment to speak. �They look quite handsome on you, sir. I'd go with that style, as a matter of fact.
 
The corner of his mouth quirked in a small smile. "Thank you, Sakaki. Dr. Minorou, I believe that I�ll go with this particular style for my prescription. Thank you for your concern. I'll be much more careful when I study."
 
The doctor measured his face and recorded the numbers on his pad as I retired to the kitchen to see about dinner. Moments later, Dr. Minorou appeared in the lobby to take his leave.
 
"Sakaki," he said, bowing at the waist. "That boy is growing up to be a fine young man. He will carry on the family name well. I must commend you for taking such good care of him."
 
"Thank you, doctor," I replied, returning the bow. "He has always been quite mature for his age, and that helped a great deal."
 
"Of that I�m sure. His new glasses should be ready and shipped here in a couple of days. Make sure that he wears those loaners. Mature or not, he's still 18. Kids that age believe that they're invincible."
 
I nodded, wishing him a good evening before going back up to young Master's room. As custom, the door was closed. He was studying once again.
 
"Come in, Sakaki," he replied to my questioning knock. He sat on the window still, not even looking up from his book. In the short time between the doctor leaving this room and my arrival, books appeared from nowhere on the desk and bed. Anatomy, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, the gamut of specialized medical subjects, a few English texts and a stray Math book littered the once clear surfaces. In his hand was a black book with an even darker pentagram emblazoned on the cover. He was researching occult practices for a paper, he told me the first time I saw that book.
 
That had been a year ago, and the book was nearly worn from the spine.
 
"Yes, Sakaki?" His asked again, this time looking up at me.
 
"Dinner is ready, sir. Would you like for me to bring it up here? I can see that you are occupied."
 
"If you would, please." His attention was back on his book. I knew from experience that now would not be the time to bother him. On my way out, though I turned the knob that controlled the lights up a notch, brightening the room.
 
At his annoyed huff (yes, still like a typical teenager at times), I turned and said, "Well, sir, doctor's orders. You don't want to further strain your eyes before you get new glasses, eh?"
 
The smile he gave this time was a genuine one, one only reserved for those truly close to him. "Of course, Sakaki. Thank you."