Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Little Things ❯ Tension ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Little Things
Tension
By: eternalsailorsolarwind
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters from Yami no Matsuei. That honor goes to Matsushita Yoko. If I did, TsuOka and TaTari would be canon instead of fanon. I just write my fanfics that way.
 
A/N: Just a bunch of short fics and drabbles on the every day little things that the guys do that make their other half love them. ^_^ Couples are Tsuzuki x Hisoka and Tatsumi x Watari. Updates will be sporadic and as the spirit moves me.
 
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
 
Little Things
 
Tension
 
It was late, and Tatsumi Seiichiro walked into the break room. The JuOuCho secretary could feel the tension singing through every line in his body as he walked over to the coffee pot. Given that he was the only person in the building, he was unsurprised to find it empty. With a sigh, he reached for the can with the grounds. He knew it was going to be a long night.
 
Tsuzuki and Kurosaki were on a case that already seemed to hint at Muraki's involvement; Terazuma had demolished the first floor of the entrance to the court when the female soul that he and Kannuki were bringing in brushed against his hand, changing him into his shikigami, Kuroshungei; and the quarterly budget was due at the end of the week. It was no wonder he was tense.
 
Grabbing the coffee can, he opened it, and scooped out enough to make a pot of coffee.
 
“Ah ah, Tatsumi. It's too late for coffee.”
 
Tatsumi stiffed in surprise at hearing a voice come out of nowhere. Turning his head, he saw the very familiar sight of Watari Yutaka crossing the break room towards him. The resident mad scientist of EnmaCho had his usual sunny smile on his face. Unable to help himself, Tatsumi smiled at his co-worker, friend, and lover.
 
“Watari, I thought you'd gone home.”
 
Blonde eyebrows lifted over amber eyes, “Alone? Where's the fun in that, Seiichiro?”
 
“Watari….”
 
“Relax, Seii, we're the only ones in the office. To answer your question, I was working on an experiment,” replied Watari, looking a little sheepish. “I lost track of time.”
 
“Would you like some coffee then?” asked Tatsumi.
 
His lover shook his head. “Like I said, it's too late for that. The caffeine will keep me up the rest of the night. Let me make us some tea instead.”
 
Tatsumi opened his mouth to say something, but stopped at the look from Watari. “Tea sounds good…Yutaka.”
 
The smile he received for calling his lover by his given name in the office was nearly blinding in its intensity. Sitting down as Watari started the water for the tea, Tatsumi removed his glasses, rubbing the bridge of his nose. A headache was forming behind his eyes.
 
“You work too hard,” murmured Watari from behind him as a pair hands descended onto his shoulders. Instinctively, Tatsumi tensed as his lover's warm voice purred into his ear, “Relax, Seii. Let me take care of some of that tension.”
 
Hands that knew his body almost as well he did began to knead his shoulders. With a soft groan, Tatsumi relaxed under those skillful fingers. As Watari continued; also rubbing the back of his neck, he felt the tension begin to bleed away.
 
By the time the kettle whistled that it had completed its appointed task, Tatsumi was leaning back against Watari, feeling like his shoulders and neck and turned to molten rubber. Bracing him carefully, Watari walked over to take the kettle from the burner. Tatsumi was surprised how hard it was to remain sitting up.
 
Pouring the water over the leaves in both cups, Watari spoke up, “You need some rest, Seiichiro.”
 
“I'm not done working,” protested Tatsumi. “Besides, you're still here as well, Yutaka.”
 
His lover frowned at him. “You won't be any good tomorrow if you don't get some sleep. I'll make you a deal.”
 
Tatsumi quirked an eyebrow to show he was listening.
 
“I have about another hour's work to do, and then I will be finished. You work that long, but you go home when I do.” Watari was uncharacteristically firm. “I won't let you work yourself into a stupor. I don't care if the budget is due this week or not.”
 
“Deal.” Unable to help himself, Tatsumi smiled warmly at him. It felt good to be taken care of once in awhile. It was something that he was unused to, usually being the one to hold the department together.
 
“I'll come to your office in an hour then,” agreed Watari, leaning over to drop an affectionate kiss on the top of the secretary's head before breezing out the door, cup of tea in hand.
 
Watching him go, Tatsumi stood up himself, taking his tea with him as he returned to his office to get as much done in an hour as he could. He was hoping the hour went quickly - there really were more important thing than the budget.