Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Little Things ❯ Afterglow ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Little Things
Afterglow
By: eternalsailorsolarwind
 
Disclaimer: Not owned by me. That lucky person is Matsushita Yoko.
 
A/N: Time for another Hisoka/Tsuzuki. :)
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o
 
Hisoka drifted awake, stirred by Tsuzuki shifting in his sleep. The empath sighed contentedly at the muted emotions flowing through his lover's sleeping mind. This was the best time for Hisoka, empathically speaking. Though Tsuzuki - when awake - normally kept a shield up to keep Hisoka from being overwhelmed by the older shinigami's strong emotions; like waves, they occasionally overlapped the edges, swamping the younger man.
 
At moments like this, in the afterglow after making love, Hisoka could truly revel in his relationship with Tsuzuki. The older man's emotions were radiating gentle warmth, like the banked coals of a fire; only requiring a bit of stoking for them to be blazing again. Right now, Hisoka could enjoy the warmth without fear of being singed. Skin-to-skin contact with Tsuzuki held no fear for him.
 
Not that it ever did, anymore, but there had been a time that the merest contact with anyone - especially Tsuzuki - would send his empathy into overdrive, practically turning him catatonic with empathic overload. Now, it was not so bad. And Tsuzuki's touch was now a safe haven for him.
 
As if Tsuzuki was the empath, reading his mind and emotions, Hisoka felt strong, warm arms tighten around him; pulling him closer to the body lying behind him. Letting his growing drowsiness take over, he snuggled back into his lover's embrace, allowing the lullaby of Tsuzuki's heart ease him into a deep, restful sleep.