Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Little Things ❯ Chapter 19

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Little Things
Chapter 19: Formula
By: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl
 
Disclaimer: Yami no Matsuei and all of its characters are owned by Matsushita Yoko, her Japanese publishers, and Tokyopop. I only play with them for grins and giggles.
 
A/N: Finally! It only took a year to write a new chapter. Written for the prompt: Someday. Focuses on Watari and why he keeps working on that famous formula of his.
 
0o0o0o0o0o
 
It's his life's dream. For decades now, Watari has pursued an elusive elixir; one he's positive actually exists - no matter how many times he's been told it's a pipe dream. No matter how many wrong turns he's taken over the years. It's a search that's cost him a great deal over the years, from money, to friends, to - finally - his mortal life. But still he continues to search.
 
He's determined, even if it's the last thing he ever does, to find the formula that will change a man into a woman.
 
It's not for some sick sexual urge (no matter what the rumors say). Watari has never had any problems attracting lovers of either gender. Nor is it - completely - to satisfy his yen for practical jokes, though he has to admit that some of his failures have had very interesting, not to mention hilarious, side-effects.
 
And he's deliriously happy to have finally caught Tatsumi - who is remarkably tolerant of his experiments, something Watari appreciates. It's only when the pranks go too far, or the lab explodes that his lover - in his secretary persona - complains about his single-minded determination to find this formula.
 
It's the challenge of it all that draws him. The desire to make the impossible possible; being the first to solve this particular problem.
 
“Someday,” mutters Watari, picking himself off the floor after yet another explosion. “Someday, I'll get it right.”