Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Masochist ❯ Mommy Dearest ( Chapter 29 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Mommy Dearest:

Jessie lay in bed with the sheets wrapped around her. She'd done it again with another boy. Hisoka was sound asleep next to her. He actually looked peaceful for a change. Last night felt like the last party. The couple practically went all out. Hisoka did most of the partying while Jessie sat at the bar with her drink. She didn't enjoy the final part of this plan. It was all her mother's idea. She didn't enjoy her daughter being beaten by a shinigami.

"You have to get retribution," her mother insisted. The bruises on Jessie's face said she had no choice. Everything went perfect up to this point. However, it didn't feel like such a good idea anymore.

Jessie couldn't really understand it herself. Her heart ached at the thought of turning Hisoka over to her mother. He didn't deserve this; none of the men she seduced did. Yet, Jessie couldn't defy her mother. The black teddy bear charm in her hair made sure of that. Jessie clutched the sheets beneath her.

Come on guys, she thought. Get here before it's too late. She glanced behind her when she heard a rustle in the sheets. Hisoka drew open his heavy green eyes, still clouded from the hangover.

"Good morning," he whispered. The shinigami kissed her on the cheek. Jessie smiled sadly.

"Morning," she said. Jessie reached over for her cigarettes. "Hisoka-kun." He kissed her on the neck.

"Hm?" Jessie lit up and inhaled the smoke.

"Don't you miss home?" she asked.

"A little," Hisoka replied.

"Don't you want to go back?" The shinigami shook his head.

"I don't mind," he answered.

"But this isn't the place where you belong," the demon told him. Hisoka paused as those words sank in.

"Where I don't belong?" he asked.

"Yes," his lover said. Maybe she could reach out to him this way. Suddenly, the gong rang loudly in the hall. The couple looked up to see a little demon butler at the door.

"Breakfast is ready," he said. Jessie nodded uneasily.

"Yes," she answered. The butler walked away as the couple got out of bed. Jessie watched as Hisoka got dressed with an ache in her heart. I'm so sorry, Hisoka-kun, she thought. Another butler led them down the hall. They came to the dining room where a full spread awaited them. The fruits, bread, and meat sang out to be eaten. Jessie sneered at the pretty display. This was not for her. Her mother never greeted her as such. Hisoka looked at the table rather puzzled.

"Is this for us?" he whispered. Jessie bit on her lower lip.

"Why yes!" a woman replied, "Come, sit, eat." The demon felt her stomach turn. Please don't do it, she thought. Think about home. You'll never go back after this. Don't do it. Hisoka sat down at the table. The woman at the head gave him a cat-like smile. Good boy, she thought as her victim picked up his chopsticks. She turned her attention to her daughter.

"Well, what are you standing around for?" she asked. "Come and sit." Jessie frowned and sat down at the table. She reluctantly picked up her chopsticks. Her mother smirked as the final part of her plan began to unfold.