Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot ❯ part 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot

By Mikarin

continuation... from part 11

Finally and update.
Well, this took long enough. Lots and lots going on in life.
I hate meetings but they're good for writing little ficlets.
I had so many post-its it took me forever first find them all and then to type it all up and make sense of their order.
If you find something off sequence let me know. Same with misspellings and grammar.


(Previously...)

Terazuma looked at the secretary seating beside him smirking and shuddered at the cold sight, scooting his chair away from the Shokan secretary. Tatsumi was giving away a vive that even he with his underdeveloped empathic abilities could sense. And it bode unpleasantness to who ever the hapless victim happened to be.

(Let's continue...)


A couple of people were talking by the water cooler, though not to drink the water. For they all knew that it was likely some mad scientist that shall remain nameless had long gotten to it. (And probably forgotten what was mixed in the colorless water.) A few others were passing by trying to finish work as they were suddenly uprooted off the floor spinning on their heels by a mysterious dust cloud breaking light speed that made a pause by an office--Konoe nameplate on the outside--stuck its head in to say something intelligible with the word 'Tatsumi' tagged to it and disappearing to continue its trek.

Konoe sank into his chair, he hadn't a change to raise and welcome the intruder. He'd long forgotten the reason he'd been looking for his secretary, but it was nice to know someone still cared to let him know--now, back to picking songs for karaoke.

After what he considered a mild explosion in the lab, Watari couldn't wait. He was too exited. He unglued himself and Tsuzuki off the ceiling and neither was sure just where the Count had landed.

He had been stealing groping opportunities too close to Tsuzuki… Where Tsuzuki moved, there he went… In hot pursuit again…

Tsuzuki was looking to hide in Watari's lab coat to be precise, when the explosion sent them off.

Watari gave his partner in crime an inquisitive look. Tsuzuki shrugged without a second thought.

Tsuzuki sure wasn't concerned about the Count so Watari didn't worry either; he left in a hurry, Tsuzuki on tow.

Some upturn desks, people willowing in the air like bowling pins before landing, one wall that couldn't be avoided (in time) they arrived outside the double doors to their final destination.

Watari picked some plaster out of his hair and Tsuzuki dusted himself off.

Tsuzuki just wasn't sure how to understand 003-chan's excited hooting. Between the groping and her flapping around his head and her attempts at pulling Watari's hair in the direction the little owl wanted him to take. Watari had suddenly gotten that bright-eyed look when an idea suddenly hits him and had jumped, literally, and dropped a big gallop of powder onto a couple of bickers that had and adverse reaction and foamed first, turned into a soufflé rising and blew like a volcano when both mixes touched.

Now that they knew where Tatsumi had been hiding he knew that's where Hisoka had to be, after all, he loves the library. (Mainly because Tsuzuki has been permanently banned out of it, not that Tsuzuki remembers.)

Watari told Tsuzuki to wait outside and let him handle it to first remove Tatsumi out of the library then he could go after Hisoka undisturbed.

Five minutes later Watari marched himself out with a pout and eyes slitted looking back at the doors he just exited like he could incinerate them at sight.

Tsuzuki looked at Watari expectantly and confused. He'd never seen Watari this mad before, well, Tatsumi could drive him crazy sometimes.

Tsuzuki was about to ask but Watari turned to him with a crazy glint on his eyes.

"We're going back to the lab."

Watari pounded his steps on the floor in a tantrum.

"What? What happened?" Tsuzuki asked Watari's back confounded. "I thought you were getting Tatsumi."

Watari lowered his head, "I can't," he whined. He whirled around, lab coat swishing around him. "But I will." He declared showing Tsuzuki his intent with a 'V' of victory and a mischievous grin, eyes glittering behind his glasses.

Moving away from the library Tsuzuki followed while Watari mumbles intelligibly.

Mid-way through the corridors heading back to Watari's lab a voice echoes…"They WHAT?!"

Tsuzuki was fuming. Thankfully with no signs of the Count anywhere in the vicinity, Tsuzuki was pacing back and forth while resident mad scientist was busy researching on his computer the many ways to break through a barrier spell. There were many varieties, so they needed to find the right one. Things would be easier if they knew what book the Gushoshin got it.

The longer Watari spent researching the more scenarios Tsuzuki build in his head.

Tsuzuki's head was getting crowded…

"Kurosaki-kun, please come with me, it's important." Tatsumi showed up at their shared office. Offered Hisoka a hand and blushing Hisoka hesitantly trusted the evil secretary for the evil glint against his glasses hid Tatsumi's true purpose, which is to kidnap Hisoka from Tsuzuki to enslave him and have him do work. (Side image: Tsuzuki in a bike pedaling away for all eternity. While Tatsumi holds Hisoka against him and watches as he laughs throwing his head back and fanning himself with the money that's mysteriously piling at one side.)

Oh, no. Tatsumi you are so evil, using poor Hisoka for your evil schemes. Tsuzuki paced faster jabbing a fist into the air, getting beside himself, mortified that what his mind was conjuring could be anywhere near the truth…

"…But, what about Tsuzuki? Shouldn't we tell him?" Innocent Hisoka interceded and reach a hand for a pen to leave a message for Tsuzuki, but evil Tatsumi reached for Hisoka's lovely hand and retrieved it to keep him from jotting anything down that might give Tsuzuki a clue of what Tatsumi was up to with his Hisoka.

"That won't be necessary; this will only take a minute. I'm sure he'll know where to find us if the need rises." Tatsumi kept Hisoka's restrained hand and guided him toward the door. Hisoka with one last longing look back went with Tatsumi, unsuspecting because although Hisoka is an empath, Tatsumi can shield really well. Guiding him into the library where Tatsumi's henchmen awaited to trap their victim.

Once in, Tatsumi reveals his true intentions and Hisoka can't escape. He's trapped thanks to the Gushoshins' barrier. Hisoka tries to escape in vain. He finds a window he can crawl, but to no avail for the barrier repels him into the arms of awaiting Tatsumi.

Tatsumi insists Hisoka listen to logic and exhausted Hisoka can't run anymore, wishing his knight in shining armor were there to rescue him….

Tsuzuki imagines his Hisoka with dreamy, luminous eyes, half-glowing in the dim lights of the library, half-opened and with 'come-hither' eyelashes and a feverish blush, while Hisoka tries to cover his warm cheeks and Tatsumi with his imposing stature looms over innocent Hisoka, smirking and cornering his little angel.

"Wait Hisoka, we're coming…" Tsuzuki whimpers as he continues wearing out the tile. "Hurry Watari."

Tsuzuki's imagination is getting the better of him…

He can just imagine Tatsumi acting all logical and smoothing Hisoka's hair while his teen-angel blushes and re-directs his eyes away, still shy.

No doubt Tatsumi would tell him something to convince Hisoka how he would be the better candidate to fall in love since Tatsumi is so perfect and responsible and hard-working and how they have many things in common, like, like being on time and having perfect penmanship and how they can read books without pictures for long periods of time without getting dizzy from all the tiny letters.

Sure, Tatsumi has all that accounting that makes him good at squeezing blood out of a yen and Hisoka is so neat and organized and hardly eats or buys himself anything so he can be a frugal secretary's dream come true. And how Tsuzuki is not a one thing out of that list and how they are complete opposites of each other and how much Hisoka has to spend on tracking him down and how much trouble they always get into because of Tsuzuki and how they are always late because of Tsuzuki and always Tsuzuki's fault that stupid Muraki can get to Hisoka and use him as bait. And this kind of thing wouldn't happen if Hisoka was with Tatsumi. And what great cooking they could make seeing as how they both cooked really yummy.

Tsuzuki starts hyperventilating.

Aaowwww!

Tsuzuki throws himself on the floor, close to tears. Tearing his hair out and howling and whimpering like a sick dog.

Watari was not paying attention; too busy typing away on his computer. As soon as Tsuzuki started murmuring and whimpering, Watari reached into one of his drawers for a pair of earplugs and got back to work. He was on a mission.

Meanwhile, Hisoka was coming back to where he'd been spending much of his time along with Tatsumi and Terazuma. Terazuma felt much calmer to Hisoka than earlier before as he approached the table with a book under his arm.

"Found something interesting?" Tatsumi asked politely.

Hisoka frowned a bit looking at the book's spine and wasn't sure whether to share or not. "Hn."

"Philosophical Foundations of Quantum Field Theory."

Terazuma whistled.

Tatsumi ignored Terazuma and gave Hisoka his attention. Yes, it was a title that perhaps only Watari would find interesting. Why the man suddenly popped into his thoughts, he chose to ignore. "I didn't realize you were interested in Physics?"

"I'm not." Hisoka said calmly. "The title caught my attention and I thought it sounded interesting from the few pages I looked at." After no conversation was forced on the subject Hisoka decided to keep on moving. "I'll be with the Gushoshin to see if there are any more new books. Excuse me." He continued on…

Terazuma looked at the kid's retreating back and until he disappeared around the corner he made a comment. "If that psycho doctor had waited a while the kid could've turn into a Watari easy, except for the insane part."

Tatsumi silently agreed. Kurosaki was smart enough to be anything he wanted but he disagreed with the insane part. With a gift such as his, he would've gone insane eventually.

"On second thought," Terazuma corrected himself, "the kid lacks Watari's happy-go-lucky attitude, unless that was too the result of some early experiment with no antidote still today. No, the kid would still be pretty serious and responsible… more like you, Tatsumi-san."

Tatsumi took it as a compliment and quietly snickered, how would Tsuzuki take it?

Afterlife was bearable with a little help once in a while. He looked at the time and winced. Maybe the boy would do him a final favor and take Terazuma for a walk when he gets back. Terazuma was beginning to fidget again.


TBC... part 13 next

A/N: As soon as I can find the rest of my post-its to complete part 13.
I'm missing a few here and there.