Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Nightly Rituals ❯ Vivian + Mike III ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Fifteen: Vivian + Mike III:

“What do you want from me?” she asked in the doorway of her room. Mike stared blankly.

“Excuse me?” he asked. Vivian sighed and shook her head.

“You are so frustrating!” she complained with her hand to her forehead. “You treat me like crap, but then you come and apologize to me.” She puffed up her cheeks. “Why do you do this to me?”

“Look, I'm trying to apologize here!” Mike snapped. “Could you work with me here?”

“Why should I?”

“Can't I be nice for no reason?”

“No.”

Mike groaned. “Now who's being difficult?”

Vivian narrowed her eyes. “Excuse me?”

“You're so uptight!” he complained. “Can't you take a joke?”

“Funny! It didn't sound like a joke to me!”

“Look, I'm sorry for giving you a hard time. Can we let it go already?”

“Why should I?”

“Now you're just being childish.”

“I'm being childish?”

“Yes!”

Vivian frowned, folding her arms across her chest. “Well you're a jerk!”

“I am not!” Mike lowered his head. “This is getting us nowhere!” The demon lifted his head. “Can we start this over?”

Vivian frowned. “Can you please leave? I have a test to study for.” She turned around and walked over to her desk.

Mike folded his arms across his chest. “No.”

She looked up from her desk. “What did you say?”

“I'm not done here!”

Vivian sighed and rolled her eyes. “I don't have time for this.” She picked up her pencil and turned back to her notes. Mike grabbed her by the hands. She whipped around, glaring.

“Let go!” the wolf demon snapped.

“Make time!” he said. He kept a firm grip on her hands as she struggled to get away.

“Let me go!” Vivian barked.

“Hear me out first!”

“No!”

“Please?”

Vivian puffed up her cheeks. “Then will you leave me alone?”

“Yeah, yeah,” Mike said. Vivian felt like smacking him.

“Fine, spit it out,” she muttered. “What is it?”

“I'm sorry,” Mike said.

“You already said that.”

“I really mean it!”

“Okay…” She stared blankly. The look in his eyes told him that he wasn't finished yet. Vivian tilted her head.

“What?” she asked. Mike stared at her in a way that she couldn't read.

“Anything else?” she asked. “Hello?” Without warning, Mike leaned forward and kissed her on the lips. Vivian sat, frozen. What… the… hell?! Why? How? What the hell?! About fifteen seconds later, Mike let up. He and Vivian stared at each other blankly. She shook her head, trembling.

“What the hell?!” she shouted. Mike said nothing as he turned and walked away. Vivian's jaw dropped as she struggled to speak.

“Hey! Come back here!” she shouted. Her door slid shut.

“Hey!” the wolf demon shouted. “I'm not done talking to you! Come back here! Hey! Hey!” Vivian sat back, frowning. “Jerk,” she muttered under her breath. Vivian couldn't focus on her studies for the rest of the night.