Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Of Ryujin Blood ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Of Ryujin Blood 10:
End of One Battle, Start of a War
Author's Notes: I know this is a yaoi series it still puzzles me has to why I like it since normally that thing doesn't appeal to me. I guess my love of the supernatural and action kind of overpower that. Anyways, I know this is a yaoi. I decided to write a romance between Hisoka and a chick. So if you don't like changes, then I suggest you don't read this. That is just a fair warning, and if you flame me for writing it, then I will ignore you since I warned you before hand. But despite that I do hope you guys read this and enjoy it.
I would like to thank the author Moon Mama for letting me use the idea of Kharandha'I for my fic.

Kyia's note: I must say, it's been fun beta reading this particular story, even if I don't understand the anime she's used! And after Nightshade and her friend showed me strange picture after strange picture from this anime, there's a very good chance that I won't be looking into it. I would however, like to touch base with all the reviewers, positive or not.

I would like to comment to spiritore (neat name by the way). You're very right: I should point out the holes and what not, and believe me, I do. However, I can't make Nightshade change anything, (although I wish I could!) nor can I change them for her. If I did, it wouldn't be her story.

To other reviewers who have pointed this out: I will agree that the characters needed work, and that those who did point this out gave excellent suggestions. And believe me, I did argue with her to take some of the offered advice, but as it is said, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." I have no idea who said this, don't ask. I will say this again, for those that didn't read it the last time I said it: I work with what I'm given, which is the only thing a beta reader can do. As the proofreader, my job is to go through and check for grammar errors and correct those, and point out problems concerning characterization and plot. That is where proof reading ends, however. I will restate what I said to spiritore: It is not my job to make the changes in plot or characterization. And if all of you think that I don't rip up the chapters, you're dead wrong.

I'm not perfect, and I do not doubt that you all have indeed found mistakes with me. I won't offer excuses for that. But I will say this: flames aren't worth it. If you don't like the story, nothing says you have to continue reading it. I'm constantly finding stories that I think might be interesting that turn out to be as stupid as anything I've ever come across. I don't even finish reading them. I don't review them either. Just thought you all might like to know how immature you are when you flame.

I DO NOT want to see anyone e-mailing me with flames. I do not want to see complaints or flames as reviews of my own works. If anyone feels that they must bitch at me, then do so as a reasonable sounding e-mail please; not the immature rants that I kept reading. It's been fun, ladies and gentlemen, and now, I bid you good-bye.

~Kyia Star
____________________________________________________________
Y uki and Hisoka were on the ground groaning in pain and slowly sitting up, holding their heads.

"What the hell was that?" asked Hisoka rubbing his forehead.

"Well I am guessing it was your past since after all that man did look like you somewhat," said Yuki calmly as she ran her hands through her hair. "So, what are we going to do now?"

"Well," said Hisoka, "checking on the girls might be a good idea, and then we should probably go find Okibi and Tsuzuki."

"Yeah," said Yuki nodding. "All the while trying to avoid the freak and his little hellhounds."

"Sounds like fun," muttered Hisoka sarcastically getting to his feet.

"Let's find the girls they shouldn't have gotten too far."

"Right," nodded Hisoka.

Together the two of them headed off in the direction of the graves hoping to find the girls amongst the tombstones and safe.
_____________________________________________________________
Tsuzuki and Muraki stared at the miko female and slowly began to back away. The darkness around her was almost consuming and seemed to weigh heavily in the air. She took a few steps slowly in the direction of the graveyards and sniffed at the air.

"Ryujin," she growled low in her throat. Then in the blink of an eye the two males were alone in the clearing.

"Well," smirked Muraki. "Looks like I won't have to worry about killing the girls; they will probably do my job for me."

"They aren't toys Muraki," said Tsuzuki darkly.

"No," said Muraki. "They aren't, they are just mere pawns in this little game of mine."

"This is not a game!" snapped Tsuzuki his temper flaring dangerously.

"No," said Muraki eerily turning his back in the angered Shinigami. "This is nothing like a game, this is a war actually, a very dangerous one in fact."

"What are you talking about Muraki?"

"I am talking about the war that will soon come," turning back to Muraki his eyes strangely distant.

Tsuzuki felt a shiver run down his spine looking into the dead eyes. `What is going on?' thought Tsuzuki his locked onto the face and eyes of the deranged doctor. `Is he really under his own control or is someone else controlling him.'

"You see, Tsuzuki-san," said Muraki taking a few steps toward him. "I know how to mess with people. Before the night is through both Ryujin girls will be dead and I will have the sword."

"You forget," said Tsuzuki taking a step back. "Hisoka has the sword."

"I will simply steal it from that annoying little boy of yours."

"Muraki," warned Tsuzuki.

However, before he could say anything more a blast of light erupted from the cemetery, which was soon followed by a loud roar and a another loud blast, this one of fire, they watched as smoke drifted up from the forest of trees.
____________________________________________________________
Hisoka and Yuki were walking through the cemetery searching for the girls when the faint sound of crying reached their ears.

"Looks like we found them," said Yuki softly heading in the direction the sound was coming from.

Hisoka just remained silent as he followed the miko keeping his eyes and ears open for anything that might be harmful to them. When they found the girls they were cuddled together under the protective statue of the Ryujin Lord.

"Hey, are you two alright?" asked Yuki crouching down to look into the little girl's eyes.

"What was all that?" asked Magame sniffling softly.

"That was nothing for you to be worried about," smiled Yuki stroking her cheek. "Come on you two lets get back to the temple."

Yuki took the hands of both girls and together they, along with Hisoka, started off back toward the temple; however, they were stopped by the arrival of Okibi in her new form as the Azemanjin.

"This can not be good," whispered Yuki pushing the girls behind her as Hisoka moved in front of the three of them. "Hisoka what the hell are you doing?!"

"Stay behind me all of you," said Hisoka drawing the sword.

"Hisoka," began Yuki. "That really isn't a good idea not over where we are standing."

"Why not?" asked Hisoka looking down at the small hill of dirt. "It's not like we are standing over the entrance to hell."

"That's not what we are standing over exactly," Yuki said with a timid smile.

"Oh? Really then what exactly are we standing over?!" growled Hisoka in irritation.

"The grave of the Azemanjin," said Yuki with a flat laugh.

"What the hell does that mean?" asked Hisoka relaxing slightly and turning to look at Yuki. At that moment the ground beneath them began to shake and everyone was knocked off of their feet at the foot of the hill. A blast of light shot up through the ground, followed by a defining roar.

"Damn," hissed Yuki as the Azemanjin climbed out from the hole in the ground.

"Now what?" whispered Hisoka watching the beast shake dirt from its shaggy fur. The being was similar to that of the hellhounds yet it had thick black fur on it instead of being all muscle and skin.

"We've got to get out of here," whispered Yuki. "After I blast it we'll grab the girls and run."

"What about your sister?"

"I don't know what to do," whispered Yuki back shaking her head slowly. "Everything is just getting so strange."

"Shit do you think this is normal for me," said Hisoka flatly. "You get ready to run off with the girls after creating a diversion; I'll take care of your sister."

"Why are you doing this?" asked Yuki shocked.

Hisoka stared into the eyes of the miko and smiled slightly, "Because it's my job, now go." Hisoka then kissed her forehead gently and nodded toward the girls, "are you ready?"

"Hai," nodded Yuki.

Hisoka began to creep along the side of the hill being careful not to catch the attention of the female god. The moment he got near the older girl, who had changed back into her human form at some point, he nodded at Yuki and the girl charged up her powers and threw a fireball directly at the Azemanjin's eyes and grabbed the girls taking off into the trees, with Hisoka carrying the other girl not far behind.
_____________________________________________________________ Tsuzuki took off at a mad dash for the graveyard; he had to get to the others before someone died. He had a feeling in his gut that someone would die that night and if he could prevent it no one would. He had just gotten to know the truth about the Ryujin girls and he desperately wanted to make sure no harm came to them. If what he knew was true they were more important to the safety of the world from Hell then they knew. He ran through the woods not paying any more attention to Muraki. The insane doctor no longer had any place in his mind. He heard another roar and picked up speed and kept his senses open for anything that could hinder his running so he could avoid it.

Muraki smirked as he watched the Shinigami run off toward the trees in the direction of the explosion. "Soon Shinigami," said Muraki looking up at the blood red moon. "Soon, very soon it will all begin and when it does you will crumble."

He laughed and headed down the steps of the temple shrine the time would come when the darkness would descend upon the three worlds and everything the Shinigami loved would be put at risk. It would be interesting to see how he would handle it. Muraki stopped briefly for a moment when he heard more voices running down the dark street toward the temple steps; it would seem that the older Ryujin's friends were on their way to help. The fools were too late by the time they got to the girls; they would be dead or on their way to the realm of the dead, at least.

Muraki stepped off the steps and into the shadows of the surrounding trees. It would not do to get caught now, after all there was much to do and he had to get that Ryujin Sword from the boy. He watched the horde of teenagers as they raced up the steps eager to help their friends, after seeing the smoke rise into the night sky. The moment they passed it he stepped out of the shadows and watched their backs smiling a dark smile. Tonight the air would be filled with screams of fear and death, the ground would soak up the blood of the Ryujin girls and Tsuzuki-san would shatter even more. He chuckled darkly and headed toward the street.
_____________________________________________________________ Hisoka propped the fallen miko on the ground against the tree and turned his attention to the other miko watching as she wiped the tears from the eyes of the two girls.

"You two going to be okay?" she asked gently.

The two girls nodded slowly and held each other tightly while the looked up at Yuki. She sighed and kissed them both gently, the two girls had seen her use her powers before it didn't scare them as much anymore. Not like it used to scare them, there was a time when they wouldn't go anywhere near her; after she used her powers almost as if they knew that she could kill them with very little effort. However, when she saved them from a pack of wild dogs by scaring the creatures off with her power they learned to trust her. She stood up and went to check on her sister, praying that the older miko would be alright.

Yuki let out a sigh of relief when she discovered that her sister would survive.

"Thank the Almighty One," whispered Yuki seating back against the tree.

"This as been an interesting night," said Hisoka softly standing next to her.

"Yeah," said Yuki softly. "If I didn't know any better, I would say that this was Monday."

"But it's not," finished Hisoka dryly.

"No," said Yuki. "It's not."

"How long do you think it will take Azemanjin to find us?" asked Hisoka.

"No idea," said Yuki shaking her head. "I would assume any moment now."

"I want you and the girls to get out of here," said Hisoka firmly.

"I'll send the girls away, but I am not going to leave you here to fight her alone."

"Yuki,, now is not the time to argue," said Hisoka in irritation.

"Too bad," said Yuki snorting. "It's my job to protect this shrine from anyone be they male or female, mortal or immortal."

"You could be killed!"

"Death does not scare me," said Yuki getting to her feet.

"Get the girls and your sister and leave!"

"No," said Yuki flatly.

Hisoka sighed and ran a hand through his hair he wanted the stubborn miko out of here and out of harm.

"Yuki," began Hisoka in an irritated tone.

"Hisoka," said Yuki in the same tone. "I am not going to leave you alone to face her."

"You're a stubborn bitch," muttered Hisoka.

"Yeah," said Yuki smirking. "I am. Besides, until you can control that new power of yours and use it without feeling drained you will be vulnerable to an attack."

"That doesn't mean I won't die."

"You're immortal not invincible!"

"Will you two stop!" snapped Okibi from her spot on the ground wincing slightly. "My word you are making my headache worse then it already is."

"Gomen neesan," said Yuki softly.

"Thank you," said Okibi peering at them from under lowered eyelids. "So tell me something where is the baka and the freak?"

"Baka?" whispered Yuki.

"Freak?" whispered Hisoka. "Oh, Tsuzuki and Muraki don't know haven't seen them."

"That can't be good," said Okibi trying to get to her feet.

"Neesan," said Yuki rushing to her side. "You shouldn't be moving let alone going anywhere in your condition."

"What do you mean my condition?" asked Okibi before realizing she was naked. "AHH! Where the hell are my clothes?!"

"I don't know," said Yuki softly. "I was going to ask you that when you woke up."

The sounds of footsteps caught their attention and the two mikos and the Shinigami all shoot to their feet and prepared to attack whomever or whatever it was that was coming in their direction.
____________________________________________________________ _
Tsuzuki took off running in the direction of the explosion hoping to get to them so that he could make sure they were alright. He was aware of the fact that a great power had been released but he didn't think it was Hisoka's. So he figured it had belonged to one of the girls and they were trying to get his attention. He ignored the feeling of fear that gripped his stomach some how he knew someone was going to die tonight he just hoped it wasn't an innocent. The tree limbs and thorns ripped at his clothes and skin, which healed as quickly as it was ripped.

He paused when he saw the group looking a little worse for wear.

"Everyone all right?" asked Tsuzuki looking at the young ones, one by one.

"As all right as we can be given the circumstances," said Hisoka.

"Okibi! Yuki!" shouted a male voice.

"Damn," hissed Hisoka. "What are they doing here?"

"Coming to check on us no doubt," said Okibi hiding in the shadows.

"They must have seen the beam of light," said Yuki.

"Either that or the fire."

"Is everyone alright?!" shouted Yasiko bursting into the clearing.

"What are you doing here?" snapped Okibi from the shadows. "It is too dangerous."

"Why are you hiding?"

"Uh, no clothing perhaps?!" snapped Okibi.

"Oh," said Yasiko slowly. "Oh!" he continued blushing slightly as he removed his button up cotton shirt and tossed it into the shadows in her direction.

"Thank you," said Okibi coming out of the shadows as she finished buttoning the buttons. "Now then. What the hell are you all doing here?! Do you want to get your asses killed?!"

"We saw the fire and came to make sure you all were still living."

"My word," muttered Okibi. "Ya'll are so nosy and over protective."

"It's our job."

"Bite me."

"I'll pass thanks, maybe later when there aren't so many people around."

Okibi opened her mouth to say something, when her sister stopped her.

"Now, now kiddies," said Yuki stepping in between them. "Now is not the time to argue. Do it on your own damn time. Right now we've got to save the temple."

"We've got to save the temple," said Hisoka pointing to him and Tsuzuki.

"You are staying here," continued Tsuzuki. "Where it is safe."

"It is our job to protect the temple grounds!" snapped Okibi.

"And it is our job to make sure you don't die!" shouted Tsuzuki.

"Up yours!" shouted Okibi.

Tsuzuki was about to reply when the ground beneath them began to shake and the entire group landed on their backs.

"What now?" asked Yasiko.

Yuki and Okibi had already taken off toward the temple with Tsuzuki and Hisoka hot on their heels.

"Stay there!" snapped Tsuzuki looking over his shoulder at the group of teenagers and two children who were trying to get to their feet, before shouting out toward the young women that had already gotten a head start. "Would you get your asses back here and stay out of trouble?!"

The girls didn't respond because they were too focused on running towards the temple.

"Yuki! Stop!" shouted Hisoka picking up speed and running in front of them. "What the hell do you think you are doing?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!"

"Get out of our way Hisoka," said Yuki flatly.

"No," said Tsuzuki coming up behind them. "We are not going to let you kill yourself."

"That's not your choice," said Okibi. "It's our job to look after this temple, which we should have been doing instead of getting too involved with you."

Yuki flushed when she realized her older sister was looking between her and Hisoka. She knew what her older sister was implying yet she refused to be dragged into an argument about it now, there were more important things to worry about.

"We don't have time for this!" snapped Yuki instead. "We have more important things to worry about!"

"Indeed Miss. Ryujin," said Muraki walking out of the shadows. "You do, mainly about how and when your friends will die."

"What?" whispered Yuki taking a step back as Hisoka narrowed his eyes at the doctor. The next moment screams came from the clearing where they had once been, the screams were cut off as soon as they left the throats of those that had screamed. "No!" shouted Yuki whirling around.

"Bastard!" snapped Okibi moving forward. "What did you do to them?"

"I didn't do anything to them," smiled Muraki. "My Hounds of Hell took care of that for me, them and the Azemanjin."

The girls growled in irritation their canines becoming more pronounced as they struggled to control the change that was coming over them.

"Come now Ryujins don't be that way," smirked Muraki taking a step toward them while Hisoka moved in front of them pointing his sword at Muraki's throat. "You should embrace your dark side."

"What ever you say Vador," said Okibi dryly while rolling her eyes to the heavens. "What next plan on wielding your light saber?"

"Get out of our way old man," said Yuki flatly.

"Oh no," said Muraki. "For you see, you are the ones in our way."

"What are you talking about?" whispered Okibi.

"You are in our way," repeated Muraki removing his gun. "And we can't have that."

"Shit," hissed Okibi pushing Yuki behind her. Okibi crouched down into a fighting position and allowed herself to change completely into her Azemanjin form. She then rushed past Hisoka and leapt at Muraki who simply shot her in mid leap, knocking her to the ground.

"Neesan," screamed Yuki rushing forward only to be grabbed around the waist by Tsuzuki. "What are you doing?!" demanded Yuki who was kicking and struggling to get out of his grip. "Let me go!"

Okibi got back on all fours and shook her head out trying to clear it, she growled at Muraki showing her sharp teeth. Muraki just laughed and pointed the gun at Yuki who was still being held back by Tsuzuki.

"Yuki!" shouted Hisoka as he moved slightly so he stood between the Shinigami, Miko, and the doctor.

Muraki prepared to fire when an arrow came out of nowhere and grazed his wrist causing him to drop the gun.

"What the hell?!" shouted Muraki turning in the direction the arrow had come as the arrow lodged itself in a tree.

"You bastard," said a female voice stepping out of the shadows. "How dare you harm my daughters!"

The woman was wearing a tattered blood red kimono with matching blood red eyes and black hair. The woman was transparent yet the bow and arrows she held were real, very real.

"Mother!" shouted Yuki in shock.

"Bitch," snorted Muraki disdainfully. "What do you intend to do to me as a ghost?"

"Nothing in this form, but I can do this," said the woman turning into mist and merging with Yuki's body.

Yuki gasped and winced as she felt her mother's spirit intertwine with her own spirit. The bystanders watched in shock as her hair changed from a dark green to become even darker with black strands; her eyes opened and the red eyes were even darker and seemed more older then those of a girl her age.

"Let me go Tsuzuki-san," said Yuki gently, although her voice seemed to a combination of her own and of the woman she had called mother.

"Um, what the hell," whispered Tsuzuki releasing his hold on her.

"Muraki," said the miko. "You have trespassed onto this land and your actions have shed innocent blood, leave this place now or die."

"I have no intention of leaving without the sword."

"Then you will leave without your head," said Hisoka. "Because I am not going to hand it over to you."

Muraki smirked as the Azemanjin walked up behind them.

"We shall see how long you last against her," said Muraki pointing behind them.

Okibi growled in irritation as she moved forward to protect her mother/sister, Yuki on the other hand stepped in front of her ice miko and stared at the Azemanjin with a look of disgust.

"Azemanjin," she said flatly.

"Ryujin," growled the beast.

"I could have sworn you were sealed in your grave centuries ago."

"I broke free."

"Did you now?" asked the miko tiredly as her spirit energy began to increase. "Well then, you will just have to be sealed back in your grave now won't you?"

"Afraid not Miko I have other plans; besides, you can't seal me without the legendary sword on your grounds."

"Good thing we took a pit stop to pick it up," said Hisoka.

"Pathetic mortal do you honestly think you can last long against me."

"Who ever said I was a mortal?"

"Maybe Hisoka can't," said Tsuzuki. "But I know someone that can."

"Oh really?" laughed the Azemanjin. "And who would that be?"

"Touda," said Tsuzuki flatly.

"There is no way a puny mortal like you could possibly have manage to summon that one," laughed the being.

"Hisoka told you before," said Tsuzuki darkly. "If he is not a mortal then what makes you think I am?"

"Oh," said the Azemanjin mockingly. "If you are not a mortal then what are you?"

"We are Shinigami," said Tsuzuki before preparing to summon Touda."

"What?! Impossible?! Shinigami here?!"

Tsuzuki however went back to summoning Touda not even paying attention to the Azemanjin anymore.

"The flames of dark anger take the forms of a heavenly serpent, and descend upon me," said Tsuzuki raising his arms to the heavens. "Come to me flame of the dark serpent!"

The clearing filled with fire as a large black snake creature and its black flames.

"Impossible!" screamed the Azemanjin as the flames surrounded the area she was in.

The Shinigami, Mikos, and doctor watched as the god was surrounded by the flames and destroyed. The ground beneath their feet shook and they struggled with great difficulty to keep their balance. It wasn't until several trees uprooted themselves and slammed into the ground causing the small group to fall onto the ground, they stared up as the black flames engulfed the Azemanjin and the finally destroyed her. Okibi reverted back to her human form as she and Yuki leapt to their feet and summoned their power they had to seal the soul of the Azemanjin before it escaped.

The powers of ice and fire surrounded them as they began to chant calling upon their ancestors to aid them in the sealing. The chant was done in an ancient tongue and the wind around them began to pick up as the chanting got slowly louder and storm clouds rolled in and lighting began to strike the ground around them. Their eyes slowly began to glow as the sword in Hisoka's hands began to pulse almost as if it were alive.

"What the hell?" whispered Hisoka as he looked down at the sword that had started to glow with a bright white light.

Hisoka's head snapped back up as he heard an animal like scream and watched as hands of fire and ice reached into the air and took a firm hold of the Azemanjin's soul and dragged it back into the abyss of nothingness. The moment the being disappeared beneath the surface of the earth there was a bright flash of light that pierced through the bodies of the Mikos, Shinigami, and the doctor and seemed to soothe them all and then there was nothing.
_____________________________________________________________< br> When Hisoka awoke he was aware of a slightly pain in the back of his neck reaching back he felt a wound slowly closing and sighed in relief, that was one advantage to already being dead. He sat up and looked around realizing that the others were already starting to wake up and Muraki was already long gone. The sun was slowly starting to come up over the horizon and he estimated it would be full sunrise in an hour or two.

"You okay?" asked Yuki looking over at him.

Hisoka nodded and sighed in relief to realize that the girl's mother was no longer a part of her. They watched as Okibi and Tsuzuki sat up before all four of them slowly got to their feet and continued to make their way towards the temple. Has they walked they saw several ghosts standing before them, several female ghosts in fact. The two Mikos winced and bowed low to the women whose ages and heights ranged in many differences some were as young as Yuki while others looked to be in their nineties.

"Yuki, Okibi," said the female in front. "You know why we are here don't you?"

"We do," said the girls as they slowly dropped to their knees.

"Good," said the woman turning her back to them. "Come with us and you, Shinigami will wait for them back at the temple."

The female continued to walk away uncaring that she had just spoken rudely to two of the top Shinigami. She was indifferent to status and always had been even when she was alive. The younger miko females exchanged a look and then followed their ancestor in the direction of the shrine as the other spirits took position around the girls leaving the Shinigami alone.

"Well?" asked Tsuzuki scratching the back of his head. "What now? Wait where are you going Hisoka?"

"I am going to find out what is going on," said Hisoka heading in the direction that the miko females had gone.

"Looks like someone is getting a little too attached to a certain miko," muttered Tsuzuki before taking off after his partner.
_____________________________________________________________< br> "Yuki," began the head of the line.

"Yes," said Yuki from her kneeling position with her head bowed.

"I might as well start with you," said the female who started down at both girls. "You allowed yourself to get to close to the Shinigami which left you vulnerable to an attack. Now I understand that you are young, and it would only be normal that you would be attracted to young men; but my dear girl that is no reason for you to forget your purpose to defend the temple and stop the Azemanjin from escaping her prison."

"I understand that," said Yuki calmly. "And I am ready to accept whatever punishment you see fit to give to me."

"No!" shouted Hisoka bursting into the clearing.

"Oh no," whispered Okibi as their ancestress turned her cool gaze to the young Shinigami.

"Hisoka-san," stammered Yuki getting to her feet to grab onto Hisoka's arm. "Hisoka-san, please don't make them angry!"

Hisoka glared at the ghost women intent on not letting anything happen to the miko.

"I will not allow you to punish her!" snapped Hisoka.

"Hisoka this doesn't concern you," said Yuki pleadingly to the Shinigami.

"She is right young man," said the woman gently yet her tone was slightly reprimanding. "This does not concern you and you will only make things worse for her."

"You can not punish your own flesh and blood!" snapped Hisoka refusing to listen to the pleas of Yuki.

"Hisoka," said the ghost female sharply as Tsuzuki came into the picture, then her face changed to tenderness and pity. "I know what they did to you before you died. We are not so cruel in our punishments. Besides it will not be for long it will be over when the time for the war comes. You can have her back then." The woman smiled down at them as the two teenagers blushed. "However," she continued calmly. "I am afraid such a negligence of duties can not go unpunished."

"I am aware of that," said Yuki.

"Yuki, no!" snapped Hisoka angrily.

"Hisoka," said Yuki in irritation. "That's enough I have to do this, it is my job. You had to do your job and you did your job; now it is my turn to do mine."

Hisoka opened his mouth and then quickly shut it, he knew she was right.

"Yuki," said the female going on. "I sentence you to stone imprisonment until you are needed again; and ask for you Okibi, for your punishment you will forever be trapped in the body of a wolf until you have learned your lesson."

"As you command," said the two mikos bowing.

"However," said the woman smiling gently. "I will allow you until the sun rises completely over the horizon, that should give you enough time to close anything at all you have left to close."

"Thank you," said the girls as the ghosts disappeared in a shimmering beam of light.

"We only have an hour," said Yuki staring at the rising sun.

"What will we do now?" asked Okibi.

"We will continue to head toward the temple ruins," said Yuki. "That would be for the best."

Okibi looked at her younger sister and noticed that she was starting to change because her irises were the color of a pearly-silver and her pupils were becoming narrow slits.

"I think the lady forgot to mention that you wouldn't be in your human form," said Okibi.

"I know," said Yuki as the two of them continued to walk knowing that the Shinigami were following them. "I can feel the change upon me as we speak." As Yuki spoke she brushed her dark hair from her eyes and behind her ears which were slowly becoming pointed. "They are following us."

"I know," said Okibi. "Of that I am all too aware."

The rest of the trip was made in silence and they finally reached the hill of the temple ruins.

"What now?" asked Yuki.

"We watch our final sunrise for a long time," said Okibi settling down on a rather large stone and pulling her younger sister down with her.

Yuki's nails were starting to grow longer and her teeth were starting to become sharper.

"Yuki can we speak alone?" asked Hisoka walking up to the young female.

"Of course," said Yuki getting up again and following the Shinigami under a weeping willow. "What is it Hisoka-san?"

Hisoka didn't say anything he just stared at her and slowly reached out to touch her face.

"Hisoka what are you doing?" asked Yuki taken aback by how this whole thing.

Hisoka didn't answer instead he just moved his face forward slowly and brushed his lips against hers. When he pulled back Yuki was blushing and Hisoka had a strange feeling of loss has he watched her change into a Ryujin.

"Looks like love is in the air," said Tsuzuki taking a seat on the rock that Yuki had abandoned a moment ago.

"Start singing and die," said Okibi brushing her hair away from her eyes.

"I see your sister isn't the only one changing," commented Tsuzuki watching her irises become the color of amber and her pupils narrow and lengthen slightly.

"I wondered when my own change would start," said Okibi watching her nails sharpen and lengthen. "Not much longer now then." Tsuzuki watched as the female got to her feet as hair began to grow all along her body starting with her legs and moving up. "Yuki! Hurry and say your goodbyes! Time is almost up!"

A moment later Yuki and Hisoka reappeared from behind the willow branches, Yuki's change was almost through: her chest and from her navel to mid thigh were already covered with silver dragon scales the clothing she had been wearing was hanging on her body in tatters because wings had sprouted from her back.

"Have fun?" asked Okibi looking at her sister though her speech was slightly slurred because her change was taking place.

"None of your business," said Yuki staring down at her sister as the female slowly changed into her wolf form. "Come on then," said Yuki waving at the stone. "Let's get this over with."

Tsuzuki and Hisoka watched as the two girls took positions on the giant rock that was all that remained of the temple site. Yuki's dragon wings spread out from her back and her scales were displayed glistening a bright silver in the rising light of the sun's rays; her eyes were expressionless while her face was set in a grim determination and an overwhelming sadness. At her feet stood Okibi in her completed wolf form, she was bigger then a normal wolf yet not as big as one might think a werewolf, her face was also set in a grim determination.

Finally when the rising sun completely surrounded the site where the temple once stood the two Ryujins were frozen in stone. Tsuzuki and Hisoka looked at each other before slowly walking down the temple steps not one of them speaking. Hisoka was examining the sword wondering what he was going to do with it when he didn't need it then, almost as if it had heard him it turned into a pillar of bright light and shot to his wrist forming a silver band around it with a red stone. He blinked and shook his head somehow such things failed to surprise him anymore. He hissed slightly in annoyance when he felt a sudden pain in the back of his neck, he reached back there instantly only to discover that nothing was biting him. He frowned and reached back there again and found a burned scar in his flesh in the shape of a five pointed star surrounded by a circle. If he could see the scar he would have noticed that the point that pointed straight up was silver and pulsing almost as if it were alive.

END

For those interested read Christmas Shoes, Eating with Angels, Train Stop Angel and Genie Magic they come after this story in that sequence

Thanks to PromisingGemini and Kyia Star for betaing