Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Pearly ❯ Chronophilia ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Fourteen: Chronophilia:

March 3rd, 2010.

11:18 p.m.

Anna nuzzled Tsuzuki's chest in bed. "I don't want to leave."

Her husband patted her on the back of the head. "But we must."

"I know." She laid her head on his chest. "I just don't want to leave."

He smiled, closing his eyes. "I can understand the feeling." He wrapped his arm around her curved body. She could feel his heart beating against her cheek. The strong, gentle rhythm put her at ease. Anna gave him a small kiss on the chest. He stroked her on her back. It would be nice to stay, but he had to work. Tsuzuki sighed and thought, Best to enjoy this until morning. He leaned down and kissed her on the head.

"Sleep well, my love," he whispered. He followed her into his dreams.

--------

April 5th, 2010.

3:00 a.m.

Hisoka sat alone in the hotel bathroom, staring at his phone. The offer sat in his very hand. He could make it all go away with one call. So easy too, but something held him back. Hisoka knew the reason. He kept wishing that his partner would notice him—just once. Hisoka chuckled with red eyes. Is this what he's reduced me to? A fool wanting to be loved? This isn't me at all. I'm better than this! Hisoka shut his eyes.

He used to be. The boy fought against going over why. He clutched his phone. Just one call could end it all. Hisoka pressed the button and waited as the other line rang.

"Hello?" a girl asked.

"Jessie!" Hisoka said. "It's me again."

"What?"

"About your offer, I want to take it."

"You sure?"

Hisoka pressed his lips together. "Uh-huh."

"That bad?"

"Yes! Fix me!" That last sentence came out in a choked-up, hoarse whisper. It hurt to speak those words. It was almost embarrassing to reach that point. He could see her smirking now.

"Well now, this is a lovely surprise."

Hisoka swallowed. "Please!"

"Unfortunately, that particular treatment expired last month. But, I can give you a little pick-me-up if you're still interested."

"I'll take anything!"

"Are you positive?"

"Yes!"

"Alright then. I'll come by there tomorrow evening. Meet me in Hina Hanako by midnight, no questions asked."

"Alright."

"Anything else, pet?" She didn't wait for an answer. "Good." Hisoka lowered the phone. I feel sick… Suddenly, his eyes scanned the dark bathroom.

"Hey," he whispered. "Is someone… watching me?"

"I am," a voice replied. Hisoka turned and spotted two familiar amber eyes staring back deep into his own.