Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Pearly ❯ Pictophilia ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Sixteen: Pictophilia:

March 3rd, 2010.

8:00 a.m.

The young man awoke to the warm sun on his face. He felt a small shiver down his back. Last night… Wow! Could anything come close to being better than Heaven? He couldn't get the colors out of his head.

The distant sound of splashing brought the young man back to reality. He sat up in the wispy, tall yellow grass around him. The cool blue of the lake ahead of him delivered a soft siren song to his ears. The coolness stirred his heart. Yet, the sight of ginger-brown haired nymphs bathing awoke an old fire in his belly. Such perfection had to be an illusion. They made the lake look so inviting.

Suddenly, one of those lasses looked up and saw him. The lad froze in the moss. She can see me! What do I do? What do I do? The nymph watched him, curious.

"Do you want anything?" she asked. The lad's expression on his face went blank. The other six nymphs stared at him now. The playfully flowers in their hair made his heart bounce in little notes. He probably should walk away now. He leaned over the bank. Their fresh combined vanilla scent made him twitch. A nymph with her reddish-brown locks intricately woven with white lilies reached out to touch his cheek. She looked into his deep amethyst eyes.

"You're looking for someone, are you?" she asked. The young man felt his cheeks redden. He nodded for he could not answer in words. The nymph's milky lips curved into a smile.

"I know where she is," she whispered. The lad trained his attention upon her.

"Where?" he asked. She leaned in and kissed him on the lips. He gave in without the thought of resistance. As he drew his eyes close, her bird-like voice floated through his mind. Complete me!

The lad opened his eyes to find himself floating around in blackened waters again. His nymphs vanished and he found himself alone. The scent lavender brought back so many memories of the moments he made love to his White Rabbit. Her hair smelt just like this very water. The young man's thoughts ran loose in his head. He noticed a small, pale hand beckoning him. His eyes followed it to a harmful of irises resting on reddish brown locks. The lad felt his head stir. White Rabbit? His body floated over to see.

--------

April 7th, 2010.

10:00 p.m.

Tsuzuki, Tatsumi, and Hisoka looked around. The bright lights that would give anyone a headache. Tsuzuki gave his surroundings a look of disapproval.

"What… the hell?" he asked. Loud music pumped overhead. They went from calm and traditional to loud and fast.

"Why are we here?" Tsuzuki asked.

"You know why," his former partner replied. The other shinigami felt his skin crawl. This rave felt like an STD paradise. Everyone looked like fairies, angels, or Goths on the dance floor. Tsuzuki nervously chuckled.

"Well…" he mumbled. “This is rather…"

"Rather what?" Tatsumi asked with a poker face.

"Rather…" Tsuzuki began again.

"Yeah," Hisoka agreed with a nod. The pounding Jpop remix music didn't help either. Tsuzuki paused when he felt someone tap him on the arm. He turned and saw a pretty young thing staring at him, smiling. Her long, puffy dress looked like someone threw up cotton candy and Pepto-Bismol all over it. The pink flower in her hair looked like it was eating her head. Tsuzuki face got consumed with shock at the heavy amount of make-up she wore on her face. Her giggling gave a clear indication of how sober she wasn't.

"Yes?" the shinigami asked. This girl grinned at him.

"I love you!" she cooed. Tsuzuki gave her a blank stare.

"Okay…" he said. “That's nice, but I don't even know you. I mean we just met and…" Tatsumi put his hand on his shoulder.

"She's high on pills," his former partner said.

"Huh?" the older shinigami asked.

"See, look," the secretary said. A goth girl walked over to the pink fairy girl. Tsuzuki's little fan turned to her.

"I love you!" she squealed. The two girls shared a kiss.

"Ecstasy," Tatsumi said. "It gives them the feeling of love and happiness with so much energy to burn off."

"Oh…" Tsuzuki mumbled. He paused when he saw something—or rather someone—watching him from the other side of the club. A pair of dark golden eyes peered out of one of the VIP rooms at him. Unease crept into his heart. Is that…? When Tatsumi looked up, both Tsuzuki and Hisoka had vanished from sight.

"Guys?" he asked, looking around. Now where did they go? All Tatsumi could see was wasted and horny partiers in the club.