Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Pearly ❯ Chremastistophilia ( Chapter 35 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Thirty-Five: Chremastistophilia:

March 1st, 2010.

12:00 p.m.

They ate at a French café for lunch. Anna enjoyed her fill of the delicacies while Tsuzuki feasted on the sweet crêpes that came to the table. Anna watched him as he ate.

"Remember," she said. "We still have to pick up my cake."

"It's fine!" he brushed off. "I still have room for cake!" Anna stuck out her tongue at him.

"Oh, I forgot," she said. "You are a bottomless sweet pit, aren't you?"

"Yep!" Tsuzuki said with a nod. His girl smiled.

"You have some whipped cream on your nose," she said.

"Huh?" he asked. He reached up to wipe off, but his fiancée took hold of his wrist.

"Here," she said. "Let me get it for you." Anna started to pick up her napkin, but then leaned forward and licked the whipped cream off his nose. That little movement alone made him jump.

"Anna-chan!" he said, gasping. "What are you doing? Wait 'til later!" She sat back, smiling.

"Sorry," Anna said. "You're just fun to mess with sometimes." He blinked at her with a blank stare. She giggled at him. Tsuzuki sighed, but smiled. Oh Anna-chan…

--------

April 18th, 2010.

10:00 p.m.

He watched her every night. She looked like a fairy to him with her long blonde hair. He had seen Americans before, but not as pretty as her. She's working again tonight. He could see Charlotte from the manga café across the street from the Red Rose Club. He watched her as he read his manga. She reminded him of the heroines in those shoujo manga he read from time to time. Girly, trying to find her way in Japan, really popular with the men, and not bad to look at. Charlotte reminded him of Neko-chan in a sense. He paused, feeling sad for himself.

Neko-chan…

He hoped she was in a better place now, maybe she's in Heaven even. He shook his head. I can't worry with that now. He needed a target. The hunger came back violently again. He breathed in heavily as he kept reading. Okay, okay! I'll do it. Just please, stop! The voices came as a whisper for the time being. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.

Yet, she wasn't complete. Charlotte didn't have a visible mate. Not once did he see her with a lover of any sort. It didn't feel right to. Someone that beautiful looked better in the arms of a man. Will I have to play cupid? He frowned at that possibility. I'm not good with people! I can't do it! I'm just the IT guy in the basement. Kimiko gets me because she's like me. That fairy's out of my league. He lowered his head. I might have to let her go. That's fine, right? I could kill later, yes?

Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.

But, I can't! She doesn't have a mate! It's not right!

Kill. Ki—

Suddenly, his cell phone rang. He reached over and answered it.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Hey," a familiar voice said on the other line. His heart pounded in his chest.

"Kimiko-chan?" he asked. "Is that you?"

"Yes, is something wrong?"

He shook his head so fast. "No, no. I'm fine. What about you?"

"I'm good, what are you doing right now?"

"Nothing much, just reading manga at a manga café. You?"

"Not much. I'm just staying in tonight."

He nodded. "Uh-huh, I see." Suddenly, he felt better after those first words. He sat back in his chair. "Wild day, huh?"

"Yeah," she said. "Uh… I don't know what to say."

"Me neither."

"So… what do you want to do?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. We could just sit on the phone."

"Sit on the phone?"

"Yeah, we can just sit on the phone and not have to talk. I mean, if you want to."

"Sure, I don't mind."

His heart rolled in his chest. "Wow… Okay, fine. We can do that."

"Alright."

They spent the rest of the night like that. Somehow, his Amaterasu could calm down his drive to engage in those "cupid killings" the news branded as such.