Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Purple Nightfall ❯ Vanishing Point ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Just so you know the fact that I have to write this disclaimer probably means that I don't own these characters or the show from where they came. The character Murasaki Amaya, does however, belong to me. And with this, enjoy!
 
I trembled softly as a cold shiver ran through me, from raven tinted locks of hair, down the small of my back, to the soles of my feet. I unconsciously held onto a breath, listening to my heart pound faster, letting my eyes lock onto his and tremble. His eyes are amazing, round puddles of bright, cool gray, to contrast with my ocean floor blue ones, his growing frigid and pale in the moonlight. For a little while, only a minute, he stares me down as if he's trying to place me, and my stomach hollows out. I wouldn't have called to you if we were strangers, I think impatiently, so don't look at me like that. Lifting myself off the cool, spiky grass, I stood and tried to get past that look with a greeting.
 
“Doctor, what an odd time to see you walking around here. How are you feeling now? Better, I hope.”
Silence. He says nothing, adjusting his silver wired glasses. With a scornful parent look, he stares down at me and glares,
 
“Tell me, what are you doing out here yourself? Especially while you're still recovering; you want to make yourself sick again?”
 
“What? I…no, I stuttered, trying to explain myself briefly, I was a bit restless so I decided to head out here, and for the flowers, they're for my parents anniversary.”
 
“Hmm, how sweet of you.” He replied to me, taking a crimson flower from my bouquet and inhaling the sweet air of it. Then, turning it back to me, he tucks it behind my ear, and I blushed, feeling a warm rush of blood in my cheeks. I try to glance back up again, and watch entranced as the watery moons glow caressed his features, and lit his pure white outfit. Just then, in my eyes, he was the face of an angel and I felt the love I harbored for him surface. Unconsciously, I laughed a little, mostly at myself and tried to hide it. And that's when I noticed it. Scarlet stains hardening to a deep burgundy, splattered on the hem of his coat, staining the angelic image I had held beside him, staining it and horrifying me.
“Oh…god, Doctor! Are you all right? Where are you hurt?” I gasped, trying to figure out what to do. Reaching out to touch the coat, I stopped my hand and instead tugged out the ribbon in my hair.
 
“Here, you can use this to stop the bleeding. Is it your leg?” I offer him the ribbon clenched in my hand, my eyes fixated on the stains, and when I finally pull my eyes away, I watched his emotionless expression shoot through me. Taking my hand, he drew me in closer to him, so close I could hear his heart beat clearly, and my breath slowed. My hearts jumps and pumps faster as I listen to his low, soothing voice create a string of words that made my heart stop.
 
“The blood isn't mine.”
 
“I…what? What did you say?”
 
“This blood on my coat… is not mine.”
 
My eyes met his again, and his changed from no expression to a twisted look of malice. My blood ran cold and I knew that something was wrong here. Unable to speak, I mustered a whisper.
 
“Who's…?”
 
“An associate of mine that was unable to supply my needs in a timely fashion and who didn't serve my purposes any longer. I was headed to my room to dispose of any evidence and pack my things.”
 
“Dear god!” I answered, my voice trembling as I try to push away, yanking my hand with no success. He held onto it tighter, and watched as I winced under his grip.
“Let go! Murderer! ” I shouted, still tugging, until the only thing holding me up was his hold.
His face hardened, and melted to a slow content grin that made me sick. Pressing into a pressure point, he pulled me back close to his face and glared.
 
“You really think that, do you? Such a hypocrite. After all, you helped me through the others, destroying evidence and luring in my victims. You're worse than I am, a murderer and a pawn.”
 
“You're lying!”
 
How could I have ever loved you? I only saw the good in you, too blinded by love to actually see. I won't forgive you for this. I hate you.
 
“You're sick, Muraki, a sadist, and a pathetic excuse for a human being.”
 
“And you're just the same, a puppet under my thumb, and a pathetic little girl. And now that you've cut your strings, you have no usefulness either, you're in the way. I have to kill you too.”
 
He declared, and reaching into his coat, he pulled out a dagger, maroon stained with the blood of another man. I watched it shine in the light and in a quick action slapped him, hoping to throw him off guard. Angered, he twisted my wrist and raised the dagger, its blade aimed for my heart menacingly. Turning my head fearfully, I winced, a tear rolled down my cheek as I tried to resist the reality sinking in. He's really going to kill me, no hesitation, no tears, nothing. How could you? I loved you, and you used me. You're disgusting and heartless. I'll hate you to my grave, Muraki. As much as I hated it, I could hear the blade coming down through the air and screamed a desperate, angry scream that hurt to even let out. Feeling a punch to my chest, I opened my eyes to watch him pull back the knife, my blood staining it and dripping to the ground. With a whimper, I fell limp in his arms, and landed backwards, the whole world spinning, and lying above me. The sakura tree looked so beautiful from below, I thought as the delicate pink petals fell around me, landing softly in the pool of warm crimson blood around me. The ribbon lay on top of the ruby red flowers I'd picked and the moon, full and heartbroken, shone over me, pressing a cold regretful hand on my cheek. Clutching at the navy blue dress, I tried to press down to stop the bleeding, then found the pain and flow too much.
My mind wandered to a sight in the background…a pair of eyes. Bright lime green eyes. I wondered if they saw this crime against me, and what they would do. If they really did see they'd go for help wouldn't they? Yeah, but by the time help got here I'll have died already.
*Sigh*
This is it...I 'm going to die like this, nearly seventeen with a full life ahead, shot down in all my youth.
Don't give in, try harder, and go for help!
A faint voice cries frantically, whispering words of encouragement; when I finally do feel the urge to get up, I'm too weak to move and everything is getting dimmer by the second. So this is death, I think apathetically and slowly let everything sink in. And with a final breath, I exhaled my regrets and worries and strife and let go…
 
Authors Notes: Whoopike. The first chapter in my first story posted.
Let me know what you guys think of it. Ja ne! ^_^