Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Yakusoku ❯ Yakusoku ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yakusoku
By: Mystical-Grace
Disclaimer: I do not own Yami no Matsuei, which is probably one of the best manga I've ever read. This little drabble just wrote itself, and in my opinion, fits in with Tsuzuki's character. This is pre-manga, going into a little more depth into Tsuzuki's past, as well as his relationship with his older sister, Ruka. I will be writing more fics for this series, so look for them! They will range from drabbles to songfics to one shots to (possibly) chaptered stories. Please read and review. It will benefit myself (and future stories) greatly to read your thoughts. My only hope is that I was able to capture the character in the truest form.
Note: This is told almost like one is in a dreamscape.
`Can I keep you?'
That is the question a little boy asked his sister, whom he adored.
`Of course you can,' she had replied, a gentle smile gracing her lips, looking at him with the affection she gave to no other.
`For how long can I keep you?' persisted the boy, afraid and eager for the answer.
She paused, unsure how to answer. Looking up to the sky, she whispered, `You can keep me until you have found someone who you love more than you love me.'
The little boy smiled brightly. `There's no one else who I could love more, Ruka­-
nee-san,' he declared proudly.
Ruka just smiled and ruffled his dark hair fondly. `You do not know that, Asato. One day, you will find someone who will fill your mind and heart in a way that I never can.'
Asato blinked, his violet eyes dimming with understanding.
Ruka smiled slightly, and grasped his chin with her forefinger and thumb, forcing him to meet her dark-eyed gaze.
`Asato, even when that happens, it will never change how I feel for you. Even when you have found that someone, you can still keep me… just in a different way.'
`
Yakusoku?'
`Un. Yakusoku.'
Two pinkies, both feminine in shape, one smaller than the other, clasped together as if in prayer, sealing a promise that would withstand not only time, but also death itself.
Dictionary:
Yakusoku - promise
Yami no Matsuei - also known as Descendents of Darkness, written by Yuko Matsushita-san
Manga - graphic novels with plot (most of them)
Un - feminine version of `yes'
Nee-san - a shortened, less formal version of Aneue and Onee-san,both of which mean`older sister.'