Yellow Fan Fiction ❯ Envious ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Envious
By: eternalsailorsolarwind
 
Disclaimer: Yellow and all of its characters are owned by Makoto Tateno, DMP, and her Japanese publishers. I just write fanfics with the characters.
 
A/N: My first Yellow ficlet! It is in Kanji's POV. Written for Compli_Cait's April fiction contest on her livejournal community, café_roost (go check it out - all about Yellow).
 
0o0o0o0o0o
 
How could he stay angry at Taki? Turning his head to see the pair in the backseat of the car, Kanji saw Goh holding his partner and lover close, nearly nuzzling him. Taki had apologized for causing so much trouble, but Kanji had hardly heard him. He was too busy watching - and blushing slightly over - the way the two men interacted.
 
He was almost surprised to find himself jealous of the two of them. Taki wanted to find someone like Goh, who loved him enough to risk everything to find and save him. But at the same time, he wanted someone like Taki, someone he loved enough to drop everything and turn the world upside down to make sure that they were safe and by his side.
 
Kanji wanted to find someone who complimented him like Goh and Taki complimented each other. The yin to his yang. The black to his white. Kanji envied what Goh and Taki had built together over the last year; he wanted what they had with each other. He wanted to be loved like that.
 
But first, he decided, as a threat from Goh to turn around and pay attention to the road - or else - made Kanji whip his head back around, it might be a good idea to make sure he was in one piece so he could find what he wanted so badly.