Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Fate Plays A Part ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Fate Plays A part

Chapter One

By KellyQ

 

It all happened so quickly, I didn't have time to act - and he suffered the most. Why does fate have to punish those who are different? Those who try and belong. That's what set me apart from your average young boy.

You see; I'm not even human - well I do look human, the drawback is that I have cat ears and a tail. My vision is really good, and reflexes are better than most humans.

Now your wondering if I played some part in an experiment and ended up like this, losing a friend in the process.

That didn't even happen.

Did my mother have radiation in her genes when she had me?

Nope.

But I'll tell you on thing. There are such thing as Cat-like-humans out there. You don't see very many of them, since there are not very many of us. The reason for this is that humans don't really like us, because of our appearance.

Now with me, I didn't mind humans to much. They don't bother me ... okay maybe they do - I just don't let their insults get to me as quickly they think they could.

Others like me worry that I'll turn on them - there is only one person of our kind who tries to humiliate me for even going near them. That happens to be 'the-oh-so-cool-' Chazz.

The one thing I didn't count on was that our fate was going to turn out the same – and just as ugly ....

A small boy no taller than four feet was running down the wet street. He had light blue hair, very small round glasses, white shirt, red jacket, and black baggy pants. He looked over his shoulder to see if the other kids were still chasing him. Good. I lost them, he thought.

He looked around and then the realization hit him; he was lost. Rain started up again, causing him to shiver. How did I get lost, He thought. He had to get out of the rain before he caught a cold - or worse.

The small boy came to a small ally, that looked like it had some sort of roof to keep him dry until he could figure out how he was going to get home. Now that he thought about it, he didn't want to go home and face his elder brother: Zane.

Now what was he going to do? He had no where to go. He started to feel so helpless and small. The small boy sat down, brought his knees to his chest and started cry.

"You shouldn't be here," came a worried voice.

The small boy looked up to see a boy about his age, but taller. He had dark rich brown hair, tan skin and to top it off he had cat ears and a tail. He was wearing a black shirt, blue jeans, and was wearing same type of coat the other boy was wearing.

They both looked at each other for a moment. The cat like boy sighed when it accrued why the boy in front of him looked like a wreck.

"You're lost aren't you?"

The boy in front of him nodded his head, might as well do as this person says.

"How about you come to my place until the rain stops." The brown haired boy suggested. He extended his hand to help the other boy. "And I'll help you get closer to you home. Deal?"

"Huh ... sure."

"Sweet," the brunette beamed. He helped the smaller boy up. "I'm Jaden. What's yours?"

"Syrus."

"Cool. Now come on - Or I'm going to miss out on my favorite meal!"

Before Syrus could say anything else he was drug off.


They came to what looked like a tall building that was slightly run down. Syrus looked sympathetically at Jaden, man - things must be tough for him.

The brunette smiled. "This is it."

Jaden opened the door, but put out his arm to stop Syrus from going any further.

"We need to be really quite or -"

"Well, well, well," came a mocking voice. "Look who decided to drag themselves in."

Jaden's eyes narrowed as the cat-like-human came out of the shadows. He was no taller than Jaden. His hair was spiky at some places. He wore a dark blue trench coat, black shirt, and matching pants.

"Well, you know I always do," Jaden teased, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Whatever. So who's the scrawny kid behind you?"

Syrus winced, feeling like he was just squashed. Why did people always judge him for being short?

"He may be short but that doesn't give you the right to call him names, Chazz!" Jaden hissed.

Syrus looked up at the brunette. He doesn't have to defend me - I'm not worth it. "He's right, Jaden. I am a scrawny person."

Jaden was about to protest against it, but he was beaten to the punch by another voice.

"What's going on?"

The voice was lean and heavy. They all turned their heads to see another cat-like-human who looked like he was in his thirty's. He had a beard, no hair and very thick eye-brows. He looked very lean, and he walked with pride.

"Chancellor Shepard ..."

Now is my chance to nail Jaden, Chazz thought. "Sir, I caught Jaden trying to sneak this scrawny human in our conpound ..."

Jaden stepped in front of Syrus. "He was lost. I'm going to send him home after the rain stops."

"Alright," Shepard said. "He can stay -"

Jaden beamed. "Sweet!"

"On one conditon," Shepard continued. "That he leaves soon after. Do I make myself clear?"

The two nodded their heads.


"You didn't have to protect me," Syrus sighed.

The two were in Jaden's room, sitting on his bed. They got to eat, and much to Chazz's annoyance, Sryus got to eat with them.

"What's wrong with that," Jaden questioned with a frown.

"I'm just not worth the trouble. Even my brother thinks I'm a weakling."

Jaden sighed. "Syrus, you may be small but I don't think your weak - and I want you to promise me that you won't think that of your self, okay?"

"Okay -"


A tall young man looked out the window. He had dark cold blue eyes, and his hair was dark. The rain was splattering on the window really hard. You better be alright little brother, He thought. Sure, Zane acted like he didn't care about his little brother, when he really did. He was about to let out a sigh when a strang feeling came over him - like something big was going to happen and he was going to be a part of it.

To Be Continued ...