Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ duel monsters moment 2 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, it's time for the second installment of Duel Monster Moment, but this time around.... let's just say that you've got a nice bit a ground to read. If you go to www.shonenjump.com/yugipoll60 you will find that Shonen Jump magazine is holding a poll vote. This poll vote shows twenty different Duel Monsters and you are to pick your top five choices, then describe why you chose them in 280 characters. But there's a problem; when you click on the card, it only shows you a blown-up shot of the card in japanese print. Luckily for you, I managed to know how each of the twenty cards work. So if you don't know how to translate Japanese kanji, fear not, because I'll help you out with your understanding of and give you a better way of deciding your five top 5 of the twenty:
 
First, we have Armityle, Phantasm of Chaos: This 12 star Dark monster is the fusion of the three Emperor Gods Raviel, Uria and Hamon. And when fusing this monster, the materials are removed from play and they contact fuse like Neos and his Spacians. This monster stands at 0 ATK and DEF points, but at least it can't be destroyed it in battle. The kicker to this card is that once per turn, during your main phase, you can raise it's ATK for one turn to 10,000 points (and no, I'm not bullshitting). Pretty slick if you can pull that off.
Arcana Knight Joker: This 9 star Light monster is the fusion of King's, Queen's and Jack's Knight, and stands at 3800/2500. Once per turn, while this card is face-up on the field, it this card is targeted by a spell, trap, or monster card effect, you may discard from your hand a card of the same type to negate the effect. Confused? I'll ellaborate, say that Hamtaro has this monster out and he attacks with it, then Stan uses Sakuretsu Armor to destroy this warrior, if Hamtaro discards a trap from his hand, Sakuretsu Armor is negated and the attack pulls through. How cool is that?
Demonic Motor W: I want to first say that this card, Demoinc Motor Omega, has its name changed to Fiendish Motor Omega and this 8 star Dark monster stands at 2800/2000. During your End Phase, Special Summon 1 "Motor Token" (EARTH/Machine-Type/Level 1/ATK 200/DEF 200) in Attack Position. Once per turn, you can increase the ATK of this card by 1000 points. When this effect is used, destroy this card during the End Phase.
Hellfire, the Pyre of Malice: Once again, this card name is changed to Goka, the Pyre of Malice (fuck the US censors). This 6 star Fire monster stands at 2200/1900. If you control a face-up FIRE monster, you may Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned by this effect, destroy 1 FIRE monster on your side of the field. During each of your Standby Phases, Special Summon 1 "Fireball Token" (FIRE/Pyro-Type/Level 1/ATK 100/DEF 100) in Defense Position on your side of the field. By Tributing 1 FIRE monster on your side of the field other than this card, this card gains 500 ATK until the End Phase.
 
Puppet King: This 7 star Earth monster stands at 2800/2600. If your opponent adds a monster card(s) to his/her hand outside of their normal draw phase, you can special summon this monster. When special summoned by this effect, destroy this card during the end phase of the turn. Yeah, this card isn't so great.
God Beastking Barbaros: This 8 star Earth monster stands at 3000/1200. You can summon it without sacrificing, but its ATK is dropped to 1900. And if you give up three sacrifices for this monster, he destroys all cards on your opponent's side of the field. In a nutshell, he's a modified Behemoth the King of All Animals with the effects of Gilford the Lightning and Moisture Creature, which isn't too bad of a card to have.
The Splendid Venus: This 8 star Light monster (a fairy, to be exact) stands at 2800/2400. The ATK and DEF of all monsters other than Fairy-Type monsters is reduced by 500 points. The activation and effects of your Spell and Trap Cards cannot be negated. This card will probably be limited or banned if it hits US shores.
The Big Saturn: This 8 star Dark monster stands at 2800/2200 and can't be special summoned from the hand or deck. Once per turn, by Discarding 1 card and paying 1000 Life Points, this card gains 1000 ATK until the end of turn. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, by your opponent's card effect, inflict damage to both players equal to this card's ATK. He's not bad, but not worth the cost to boost him up in my opinion.
Card Blocker: This 3 star Earth monster has 400 ATK and DEF and switches to defense position when summoned successfully. Yeah, you suck, but at least when your opponent attacks another face-up monster you control, this card switches the attack to itself. And when this happens, you can discard up to 3 cards from your hand to the graveyard, and each card discarded this way gives it 500 extra DEF points for the remainder of the turn. I don't know about you guys, but this card isn't impressive to me.
 
Toy Magician: This 4 star Light monster stands at 1600/1500. This card can be treated as a Spell Card and set in your Spell & Trap Zone. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect while set in your Spell & Trap Zone, Special Summon this card to your side of the field during the End Phase of that turn. In addition, when this card is successfully Flip Summoned, destroy any number of Spell and Trap Cards equal to the number of face-up "Toy Magician"s on the field.
White Night Dragon: In a nutshell, this monster is the Blue-Eyes White Dragon made out of ice, so you should know the stats, level and element of this dragon. When a face-up monster you control is selected as an attack target, you can change the attack target to this card by sending one Spell or Trap Card you control to the Graveyard. This dragon also has the trap negating and destroying powers of the Tyrant Dragon, which means it's got my vote, especially since the Tyrant Dragon is one of the Best Dragon-types monsters in the game outside of fusion.
Zeta Reticulant: This 7 star Dark Fairy stands at 2400/2100. If this card is in your Graveyard, when a monster on your opponent's side of the field is removed from play, Special Summon 1 "EBE Token" (DARK/Fiend-Type/Level 2/ATK 500/DEF 500) to your side of the field. Tribute 1 "EBE Token" on your side of the field to Special Summon this card from your hand. I would probably play this card with Monster Reincarnation.
Cold Enchanter: This 4 star Water monster stands at 1600/1200. By discarding 1 card from your hand, place an "Ice Counter" on a face-up monster on the field. This card gains 300 ATK for each "Ice Counter" on the field.
 
Ice Blizzard Master: Also known as Ice Master, this 8 star Water spellcaster stands at 2500/2000, making another mage to toe up to the Dark Magician. By Tributing 2 WATER monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can place 1 "Ice Counter" on 1 monster on the field. By Tributing this card, destroy all monsters on the field with "Ice Counters" on them. I like this monster, but I won't put a vote on her.
Dandylion: This 3 star Earth monster is probably the oddest Plant-type you'll ever see. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 2 "Fluff Tokens" (Plant/Wind/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) on your side of the field in Defense Position. These tokens cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon on the turn they are Special Summoned, but you can offer them up next turn, granted that they're still on the field.
Greed Quasar: This monster I know will be limited, if not banned. It's a 7 star fiend with ? ATK and DEF. So how does it work? This monster gets 300 ATK and DEF points for every level of this card (meaning that its base stats are both 2100) and if this card destroys a monster as result of a battle, increase the Level of this card by the Level of the destroyed monster. So if you destroy a 4 star monster, this card gains four levels, making it an 11 star monster and its stats are 3300.
Summon Priest: This 4 star Dark monster stands at 800/1600. I really dislike this card because you can't sacrifice the damn thing. Once per turn, during your main phase, you can discard a spell in your hand the special summon a four star monster from your deck. But the monster summoned like this can't attack this turn, so whatever you summon better be able to survive until next turn when you can actually do damage with it. But I guess summoning cards from your deck isn't so bad...
 
Still with me people? I'm sorry, but I'm almost through with the cards, so I'll tell you that the voting of these twenty cards ends on January 15, 2008. Now for the next card, Mosaic Manticore: This 8 star Earth monster stands at 2800/2500. When this card is successfully Tribute Summoned, during your next Standby Phase, Special Summon the monster(s) used as Tributes to Tribute Summon this card to your side of the field. The Special Summoned monster(s) cannot declare an attack and the effects of the Special Summoned monster(s) are negated. Decent....
Exodius, the Ultimate Forbidden One: Another Exodia card? Yes, but this 10 star Dark form of Exodia stands at ?/0. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by returning all Monster Cards from your Graveyard to your Deck. When this card attacks, send 1 Monster Card from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard. Increase the ATK of this card by 1000 for each Normal Monster in your Graveyard. When this card is removed from the field, it is removed from play. If 5 different "Forbidden One" cards are sent to the Graveyard by this effect, you win the Duel. What this means is that you'll want to play this form of Exodia with normal monsters to give it power. Then put in the five pieces that make up Exodia in the graveyard by this effect to win the duel. I like Exodia Necros better.
And last (but certainly not least... and probably the best) is Chimeratech Fortress Dragon: Before I explain this card, I wanna tak about Chimeratech Overdragon. Overdragon is the nastiest form of the Cyber Dragon fusions to date at ? ATK and DEF. And as we know, it has 9 stars, gains 800 ATK and DEF points for each monster used to fuse it and has the ability to attack the same number of enemy monsters equal to the number fusion materials to make it. But the Chirmerafortress is definitely getting your vote. Why? It's an 8 star monster at 0 ATK and DEF... and it requires at least a Cyber Dragon (or and face-up Proto-Cyber Dragon) and can fuse with other machines like Overdragon. The downside is that it doesn't have the Overdragon attacking power.... however, it makes up for it by being able to fuse with machines on either side of the field, doesn't need Polymerization, and every fusion material used for it's fusion gives this monster 1000 ATK points. Clearly, this is the successor of Chimeratech Overdragon and a well wanted card for any Cyber Dragon duelist.
 
Well, there you have it. Like I said, that's a lot of ground to cover and plenty of nice choices to choose from. And now to get on with moment. This moment's Duel Monster is Dragon Light and Dark. Dragon Light and Dark is the spirit monster of Chazz Princeton and hopefully, he'll duel with it in the cartoon, if he hasn't already. It's a promotional card that comes in the Yu-Gi-Oh GX volume 1 manga and is an 8 star Light Dragon standing at 2800/2400. This card cannot be special summoned. While this card is face-up on the field, its attribute is also treated at Dark. When a spell or trap card is activated, or the effect of an effect monster is activated, that activation is negated and this card loses 500 ATK and DEF. When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, select 1 monster in your graveyard. Then destroy all cards you control and special summon that monster.
 
Now since thi card came out, I don't really know how to really work it. However, I do know how to work around it. First off, you can tribute Kaiser Seahorse for this monster and then have at it. Since it's also a Dark element when on the field, you can use an already active Mystical Plasma Zone, or Luminous Spark to boost it up. Your best advise when playing this dragon is to have all the cards you need to support it on the field before its summoning so that you can work this dragon to its full potential. Though each time a card that isn't a normal monster is activated, it loses power due to it's trigger effect that isn't optional. One good thing about this monster is that you can use it as a shield to effects of all other cards. When it's destroyed, however, you lose every card you control to special summon a monster from the graveyard, but at least you can revive a monster of your choice. With the new dragon deck on the way, I would say that you can use this dragon's effect for the dragons that come with that deck. Id anyone finds any other uses to this lovely dragon, let me know. And if I find other uses for it, you'll know.