Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ an undesirable ending, but an ending... ( Chapter 58 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ending it This Way Sucks
Dear readers, I want to begin by saying that things really haven't been kind. For far too long, my computer troubles have done me in, and this time was the real cake… I lost everything. I know it's been years since this story got finished, but I guess it's my fault. Life does some great and some messed up things to you. Sadly, I have to pull a Shaman King ending, in a sense… well, the manga Shaman King has a pathetic ending, read the last book and you will see what I mean. So instead of the trying to re-type everything that was lost, which will take far too much time, I'll simply sum up how the rest of the story goes:
Red Punster: Tyrone challenges Red Punster, but of course, ignores him as he wasn't a real “threat” duel-wise, then am comes in and decides to challenge the Dragon Lord to a duel. It doesn't sit well as Hiei and Shena also want to relieve Armityle from Red Punster. Feeling irritated, Red Punster decides to take Jam, Hiei and Shena on in a duel. As the match went on, Hamon came out quickly and Shena's Venom monster didn't hold up well as she was the first to go; the burn damage and battle damage between Hamon and Raviel dropped Hiei to 1000 life points; Jam also took a rather nasty stinging and the troubles of the two only got worse when Armityle was summoned. Jam managed to play his Five God Dragon, and if it weren't for a face down Poison of the Old Man to give him a life boost, he would've lost the duel.
After the attack, Hiei and Jam found the kink in Armityle's armor and the Dragonsoldier unleashed a full salvo and a 4000 ATK point strong Black Luster Soldier, only to have it removed by Red Punster's Compulsory Evacuation Device; Jam managed to pull Megamorph, doubling his dragon's strength to 10000 and winning the duel. But the final blast did more than bring a victory, it gave Nazaruda the opportunity of the card being blown from Jam's duel disk and into Nazaruda's possession. Armityle was surrendered and Jam gave the card back to Hiei.
Cappy and Kerin: The young couple was ecstatic about their upcoming bundle of joy, but the “pregnancy” was becoming a bit too much for Kerin's small body. Hiei turned to Nurse Ham's help and a suggestion of inducing the labor. But instead of drugs, Kerin was given a workout and Cappy kept a hand on. Hiei decided to talk with the nurse and during which, the two fell into a pitfall trap, knocking the nurse out for a while. The trap was done by Aqua and she was still going through baby blues and challenged Hiei to a duel. A stipulation was made that if she won, which didn't happen, Aqua would get her pup-rearing days. During the duel, Kerin went into labor and Hiei had to quickly wrap things up, which he did, and due to the large fall from the pit, digs his way back to his laboring daughter; Cappy ended up having to play doctor as a result. While digging, Hiei wasn't too pleased with Aqua as he was missing the birth of his grandchild. Fortunately for them, Nurse Ham came around and assisted with the tunneling. The trio manages to dig back as they were directly under the operating table. Kerin gives birth to a girl, which is a joyous moment for the young parents and Hiei. However, minutes after the pup's birth, her jagan eye is fully open and the spirit taking hold of the young pup kills it in the process, devastating Cappy, Kerin and Hiei. After a bit of calming her down, Cappy promises Kerin that the two can try again later. They name their dead pup Kari, wrap her up like a mummy and bury her.
Dueling Angels: With a transparently worn thin patience, Kirika decides to force her duel with Bijou, and does this by finding and challenging Hamtaro do a duel, using the Duel Dimension. The duel itself is live feed on screen for Bijou to see and then b-lines to Hamtaro's side, only to see him lose and to see his soul trapped. Petal, who was present during the duel, decides to battle again, but Bijou decides to face Kirika and avenge Hamtaro; Bijou came with a new deck, mixing fairy and fiend-type monsters and the duel goes on, but Bijou struggles to hold together. But after changing the field from The Sanctuary in the Sky to Yami, Bijoumanages to thwart Kirika's strategies and turn it around… however, Kirika plays a second Sanctuary and begins to regain control of thing momentarily.
The turning point of the duel is when Bijou plays her own Sancutuary and summons the one card Kirika and Petal least expect, Warrior of Zera, the card Hamtaro gave to Bijou which holds the true remnance of Hamtaro's spirit. And with the Sanctuary on her side, Bijou repeats the strategy she did in her duel in the last tournament with Petal and plays Archlord Zerato. “Zerato?” Petal asks. “Zerato's a tough card, but even he can't take down Kirika's lineup. I know, you used this card against me.”
“I played zis card against you, howevair, you are unknown of Zerato's true powers.” Bijou explains.
Here's the excerpt of Zerato's powers from the card. “If `The Sanctuaryin the Sky' is on your side of the field, discard a light monster card in your hand to the graveyard to destroy all monsters your opponent controls.”
After Bijou uses this effect to sweep Kirika's field of monsters, the following attack brought an end to the duel. Kirika lost and was instantly punished by Nazaruda and Zerato restores Hamtaro's soul to his body.
The Untamed Dragon: Nazaruda, with the Five God Dragon now in his possession, feels he now has Jam's number, however, Jam's haunting words only fueled his rage. “So you have my Five God Dragon by unofficial means, big deal. That card only listens to the true dragon lord, which I am. It will never follow your orders.” Nazaruda, thinking himself as the real Dragon Lord uses it in duels, but as Jam told him, the card didn't obey Nazaruda. Enraged at this inconvenient truth, Nazaruda almost rips the card in half, but manages to collect himself and keep it in one piece. This piece is soon shattered as he witnesses the rematch between Tia and Dexter, which takes place in a duel dimension. But this time around, Il Blud's power is countered and Dexter brings Tia down notches in their duel. Oddly enough, Tia has the ability to repulse her duel dimension, but the Serpent Night Dragon that Dexter played had other plans and took Tia's soul to face judgment.
Nazaruda, enraged with Tia's fall, envokes his stand, the Red-Eyes Black Dragon in a stand-off which put Serpent Night down and gained him a momentary laugh. But when Dexter envoked his stand, it took the form of his Beserk Dragon, and put the Red-Eyes in place, in addition to dishing out some serious hurt to Nazaruda.
Duel Dorm Showdown: With things not going his way, and his rage growing, Nazaruda coaxes Seifa into facing off against Forbidden Brown's duelist for one last stand, Boss agrees to this, but before it happens, a question of attire came into play. Sparkle hadn't gotten any restitution over the cheap fabric for the dorm's clothing, but Jam comes to the rescue with the dorm's threads. Suited and booted with the colors of Exodia the Forbidden One, Boss and company take on the Rechus: Seifa decides to take the first duel, but he runs into the Dueling Nightmare, who reveals himself as Snoozer. Seifa's Logic of Dark World wasn't impressed with Snoozer's fiend deck, but this changed when Snoozer summoned one of the three Jashin, The Wicked Eraser. The Eraser brought Seifa down and when he was knocked out cold, Nazaruda took over the Rexchus; Shena decides to battle next alongside her Venom deck, and ended up facing Lapis and the Alien Nation deck she weilds.
The girls traded blows point for point… Shena and her venom counters against Lapis and her alien counters. And in a close match, Lapis left that duel with 50 life points, though Shena lost; Noretu took his rock deck to Bijou, but despite putting on a good show, Bijou ended up losing the duel. His rock deck even managed to bury Pashmina's dinosaurs, much to Locke's shock; Boss, feeling the pressure, took on Noretu and his mages managed to slide 300 life points away from Noretu; At this point, Locke steps in and battles Lapis, but the self-proclaimed `Dinosaur King' had assimilation problems against Lapis. In the end, however, Locke survived the Alien Nation, and despite her loss, Shena applauded Lapis' efforts much to Nazaruda's dismay; Snoozer steps in and puts Locke's dinosaurs down, leaving Nazaruda to just him and his secret weapon. He then pulls it out… Muri. Cappy is well versed in the Crystal Beast deck of Muri's and gives a word of caution to Snoozer, but it doesn't help. Even though he pulled The Wicked Eraser against her, Snoozer got a reality check when Muri trumped his Jashin with her Rainbow Dragon. Muri had a good dream in that duel.
Boss wasn't too pleased with what had just happened, but as he prepared to face Muri, she challenges Jam to a duel. To Jam's surprise, Muri managed to get many of her gems out quickly, but Jam held true and caused her to discard her Rainbow Dragon, which didn't sit well with Nazaruda. Regardless, Muri's skill not only managed to get her Rainbow Dragon back, in addition to playing it, she also pulled out her pocket ace and joining her Rainbow Dragon, Muri also summoned Rainbow Dark Dragon as well. Not only were Boss and company at a loss for words, but Jam couldn't believe what had just happened… and it brought a smile to his face.
Boss was panicing, Jam was about to lose and his eyes only saw Jam smile. It was in this moment that he saw the face down card Jam had on the field, but Jam took the attacks from both dragons. It would've brought his end, but he revealed his face down Poison of the Old Man. But instead of using the effect to win the duel, he only increased his life points, stunning everyone. On his next move, Jam drew Stamping Destruction, which he used after summoning Petit Dragon. Muri used her Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins to negate the effect, but the next card Jam played couldn't be stopped by her field, Dragon's Gunfire. “You see, being able to hold back makes you a really strong duelist, but this was fun and I hope we get to duel again.” Jam said. The resulting loss by Muri enraged Nazaruda for the last time. But as he began to issue punishment, Jam intervenes and keeps Muri from harm; Boss, now pissed off, decides to face Nazaruda and wrap things up. Unfortunately, the Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon brought Boss and his Dark Magician to his knees.
The Dragon's Last Stand: After facing and beating Boss, Nazaruda decided that it was now time for Jam to face him and finish this assault. Still, Jam refused as he was more concerned with Muri's safety. Before a forfeit was issued, Stan appears in colors and decides to duel in Jam's stead. Since it was his idea for everyone to stand on their own, he decides to take the fight to Nazaruda. During the battle, Stan and his signature monster, the Armed Dragon bring the battle to Nazaruda. In addition to this, Nazaruda plays the Felgrand Dragon and things regarding Jam's curse from the Rise of the Dragon Lords deck lift. At one point, Nazaruda's Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon made things seem ill to Stan, but with the help of Crush Dragon Gandra, Stan repulsed the Red-Eyes and managed to later, max out his Armed Dragon at LV10. Victory was in Stan's grasp, but Nazaruda played the Five God Dragon… but this time, even to his own shock, Nazaruda managed to get the dragon to listen and attack Stan, who lost the duel two turns later. Nazaruda's team had technically won, but he ended up giving Hamtaro and crew back the Duel House.
Jam later explained that his told the Five God Dragon to “Listen to Nazaruda, for now.” And as Hiei saw it, explained that he was the only duelist that even managed to stand against Nazaruda. Sensing a grim end, Jam decided that he needed another deck to face Nazaruda, and it started with Bijou handing him her field spell Luminous Spark. Jam took the card, along with other cards from the crew, and he even managed to coax Hiei into letting him use Hiei's Black Luster Soldier; before his match against Nazaruda, Jam was sent back to where he faced Felgrand Dragon before and decided to ask for its help in the duel against Nazaruda… Felgrand rejected to aid Jam, which didn't sit well for the Dragon Lord. As he left, the Darkblaze Dragon offers its powers to Jam, which is accepted.
Jam returned and went to face Nazaruda, with the intent of settling the issue of who was the true Dragon Lord. As the duel began, Pegasus had cleverly placed cameras in their area, which was away from the fun park, but everyone in the park had live feed. Jam had Hiei's Black Luster Soldier in his opening hand, but Nazaruda's Card Destruction placed it into the graveyard and the assault began. Things appeard one-sided at first, but Jam managed to wear Nazaruda down, but didn't take the lead once in the duel. To Nazaruda's surprise, Jam played his ghost rare Black Rose Dragon, giving Jam the needed edge and later on, Jam played the Blue-Eyes White Dragon. It meant nothing to Nazaruda as his Meteor Black Dragon burned the Blue-Eyes to a crisp.
Jam continued to have problems, but he also gives Nazruda an equal amount of never-say-die problems. The turning moment was when Nazaruda summoned the Five God Dragon… and it pushed Jam to his last 900 life points. In an effort to protect his life points, Jam decides to defend with his next monster, but Nazaruda reveals his Final Attack Orders trap card, forcing Jam to fight. Jam manages to fuse the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, but he only saw it destroyed next turn. Jam was down to his last 400 life points as his eyes saw the Five God Dragon standing against him, giving him an epiphany before making what Nazaruda called his “final move”. After taking his epiphany, Jam drew for the last time… he played Dragon's Mirror and fused Master of Dragon Soldier, which gave the watchers an unbelievable sight. There they stood, the two most powerful Dragon-type monsters in the game (at that time), on opposite sides of the field, 5000/5000. After a breath, Jam played the card he drew, Megamorph… and since his life was much lower than Nazaruda's, his dragon rose to 10000 and he launched the attack. All who watched on screen saw the blow land, but a blinding blash of light flared from the monitors. This blast of light enveloped the field where the duelists stood also. As the light faded away, everyone watching in the fun park saw Nazaruda's life point counter had reached zero. On the battlefield, however, Nazaruda was nowhere to be seen. All that remained was Jam's Five God Dragon card, which lied on the ground unharmed. Jam picked up his card, placed it back into his extra deck and off he walked away.
Epilogue
One week passed since that duel took place and it was still talked about. Hamtaro and company were enjoying the new upgrades to the Duel House's holographic systems that Panda and Rei had work on, but Jam was nowhere to be seen since the duel. Boss gave a toast, as the dorm held a party and even invited Necrophade Black to attend. Things had returned back to normal, but a few changes took place: During the events of the story, Hitomi had returned and Hiei was happy to have his siter back. It was also explained that she was actually Hermana and Petal's mother, not her big sister. Petal wasn't used to thinking of Hiei as her uncle, but she managed to take the proper guise to it. And Hiei even had a set of Necrophade threads for Hitomi to wear, so things worked out in the end; Petal, now conflicted, became even more confused.
After the duel against Kirika, she and Bijou had a talk in which Bijou said that since Petal left Bijou's training early, there was nothing left to teach her, despite her training being “incomplete”. Bijou also told Petal to be with her family; Rei had went back into her armor, but was happy being able to live as a normal ham-ham for a while. It made Panda's heart bleed, but he understood and wished Rei the best. He also decided to remain the tech support for now; Cappy managed to keep in romantic tune with Kerin, but Petal, Hermana and Penelope weren't too quick to give him away. In the end, Penelope decided to just stay friends with Cappy after confessing her feelings and Kerin decided to share Cappy with her cousins. And Cappy, he's content with his new harem; Howdy gave a formal apology to Tyrone, Hiei and Pegasus about being so selfish as Red Punster. Things went cool and Tyrone managed to get his rematch against Howdy, in which he lost; Seifa had managed to come around and Shena had informed him of what took place while he was comatose. He took his Rexchus to Boss and crew to make amends, which were gratefully accepted; Jam had finally returned to Forbidden Brown, returning all of the cards he borrowed from everyone. Hiei had a newfound respect for Jam, though he still won't refer to him by name.
Once everyone's cards were back, the Rexchus and Necrophade Black left Hamtaro and company to clean up; Boss held one last meeting with the hams before going home and he thanked Jam for their cool new threads. Jam took a bow and gave his “final speech” to everyone. In it, he told everyone that he was resigning as the head of Forbidden Brown, saying he was “no longer needed”, but passed the dorm to Boss. Boss was shocked, but honored, it was his home that the gang called a dorm anyway… and he elected Maxwell as the dorm's official advisor. Once Jam was relieved, he left the dorm for the last time to continue his globetrotting. After he left, Boss adjurned the meeting and the crew went home to their owners;
Days later, Jam went to San Francisco to Industrial illusions to meet up with Pegasus. The two had a duel the low-tech way and afterwards, Jam returned the Master of Dragon Soldier card to Pegasus alongside the Five God Dragon. “No, Jam, these cards are yours.” Pegasus said. “You deserve to be the duelist that weilds them, so hold them true to your deck and to your heart.”
“I'll do that, Pegasus.” Jam says and shakes paws with Pegasus.
After this, Pegasus hands Jam a deed, and then saw him out, wishing him luck in his future ventures. The last bit of Pegasus' business was having Croquet take Jam to the airport, and on the ride there, Jam removed his Forbidden Brown jacket. “So, what's next for you, Jam?” Croquet asks.
“More traveling, of course.” Jam answers. “And thanks for this lift.”
“Sure. But something tells me that you aren't done with dueling yet.”
“Well, I do have to keep dueling… and I hope the future sets bring out really cool dragons to use.”
When the two arrive at the airport, Jam gets out, shakes paws with Croquet and heads towards his flight. Before boarding his plane, Jam hits up the restroom, and while there, puts on another jacket. Then he exits, boards his plane and enjoys his flight. “You're very perceptive, Croquet. The days of dueling are not over for me… in fact, you can say that the next part of my dueling days have seen a brand new light.”
~End
That's how this story will end, sadly. I hope that the next story won't have such a thing happen. And I hope that any readers who do decide to read this, if they are still here to read this, will follow along in the story of the Duel Hams. See you next duel, duelists.