Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate ❯ Rock and Water part 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokémon, or Sailor Moon. If I did this wouldn't be a fan FICTION. Yup, it's all in the name. Fanfiction, as in things that aren't real by people who like whatever it is they're writing about. See? Fanfiction.

Chapter 2 Part 1
Rock and Water
"Wow, Ash," Professor Oak said, astounded. "Since your Houndour evolved into Houndoom when you beat the Champion, Sakura, you officially own every Pokémon in the world! Ash, you know what that means? You are the greatest trainer in the world! Your dream has come true, Ash!"
"Thanks, Professor Oak," Ash said, at a loss of words for once.
I smiled. I was proud of Ash, even if he still hadn't gotten me a new bike. Next to me Brock smiled too.
"Ash, I am so proud of you!" Mrs. Ketchum said.
"Mime!" said Mr. Mime.
"Mr. Mime, why are you at Professor Oak's house?" Ash asked.
"Well, the whole town was here rooting for you when you won that battle against Sakura. Professor Oak told us about your Houndoom and two-hundred and fifty-one Pokémon, we just couldn't believe it!" Mrs. Ketchum said.
"Well, thanks, Mom." Ash smiled.
"Ash, I want you to come home. We'd like to see you. The whole town wants to meet you!" Mrs. Ketchum was grinning from ear to ear.
"Oh, Ash, look who's here! Gary, say hi to Ash," Professor Oak said as Gary showed up in the room on the screen.
"Hi, Ash. I never thought you'd make it. I guess I was wrong. When I battled Sakura, I didn't even come close to beating her," Gary said, very jealous.
"Hi, Gary. Thanks," Ash said, still at a loss of words. Well, he had gloated already, so I guess he was tired. I could believe that. I was tired too, and I hadn't even battled.
Suddenly Tracey was there on the screen. "Hi, guys! Congratulations, Ash!"
"Hi, Tracey..." Ash said with a yawn.
"Ash, you look tired," Mrs. Ketchum said. "You should go to bed soon. It's probably very late over there at Mt. Silver."
"Yeah," Ash said. He blinked a few times, and I could tell he was trying to keep his eyes open.
"Well, goodbye then, Ash. See you when you get here." Mrs. Ketchum walked away and Professor Oak appeared.
"Well, goodnight, Ash. Misty, Brock. We look forward to your arrival," Professor Oak said, and the screen went black.
Ash yawned. Yawns happen to be very catchy, so I ended up yawning, and so did Brock.
Just then Nurse Joy and Chansey walked out of the examining room. "Well, Ash, your Pokémon are doing just fine, and should be better after a good night's sleep," Nurse Joy said. We looked in the dark room Nurse Joy had just come out of. A variety of Pokémon were on beds. Typhlosion, Houndoom, Celebi, Pikachu, and Suicune were recovering. In another, larger room, Lugia was asleep.
"Thanks, Nurse Joy. I was worried...you wouldn't be able to fit Lugia anywhere, but...I guess you did," Ash said while yawning.
"You look like you should get some sleep, Ash," Nurse Joy said, and shooed us out of the room. We went to the room in the Pokémon Center that had the beds. We fell asleep right away.
***
The next day we set out to Pallet Town. It was all downhill, or down-mountain, I should say. We were going east down the slope of Mt. Silver. It was a hard trek, going around boulders, across rope bridges. I almost fell down a mist-shrouded waterfall, but just as I started to fall, Brock caught me by the waist and pulled me back up.
"Are you alright, Misty?" he asked. He still had his arm around my waist.
"Yeah, I am now. Thanks for catching me," I said. "I am. You can let go of me now," I said. I didn't say this because I was mean, or because I didn't like it, but because Ash was watching. Brock made my heart beat faster. I hadn't always felt this way about him; it had come on slowly. But all the same, neither Brock nor Ash knew about how I felt, and I didn't want them to. I mean, what did I know, I was just a teenager, and my sisters were known for dating every boy in Cerulean City when they were my age.
"Oh," said Brock, but it was still a second or two before he let go of my waist.
"Well, that waterfall doesn't seem to be on the map," Ash said. Brock and I both took a look at the map Ash was holding. "See, we're here, I think. No waterfall."
"Ash, you're holding the map the wrong way, and I know we crossed this bridge here. We've gone a mile and a half farther then there. We're here, where this waterfall is," I told him. Whether he was the greatest Pokémon trainer in the world or not, he still couldn't use a map. I took the map out of Ash's hands and gave it to Brock. "You navigate. You never got us lost."
He looked at me. "Well, there was that time when..." he said, but stopped when I glared at him.
We didn't get lost after that. We traversed all day, and got to the bottom at nightfall. We set up camp and Brock made a delicious stew. I let Togetic out of its Pokéball to have some stew. Ash let all of his Pokémon out. So did Brock and I. Golduck was okay, Poliwrath was hungry, and Kingdra and Starmie went for a swim in the river we had camped next to.
Later our Pokémon returned and we rolled out our sleeping bags. Ash and Pikachu went to sleep, but I was still awake. So was Brock. We sat next to each other in front of the fire. But I was more tired than I thought, and the fire made me drowsy. I accidentally put my head on Brock's shoulder. He looked at me. I realized what I was doing and moved my head. I was too fast, though, and almost fell over. Brock caught me, but overestimated when he was pulling me back up, so our noses almost touched. Brock came forward and kissed me lightly on the lips. It was sweet and gentle, and I liked it. I put my hand on his chest and my arm strayed around his neck. His heart was beating under my hand. Could it truly be he felt the same way about me?
That night, when I crawled into my sleeping bag (next to Brock's) our hands met and we fell asleep holding hands.
***
We woke up at the same time to see Ash standing above us with a quizzical look on his face. I felt Pikachu sniffing my hand. I looked at why he might be doing that. I saw my hand still in Brock's, gasped, got out of my sleeping bag and ran down to the river bank. I heard Ash talking to Brock. "What was that all about?"
"Nothing," Brock insisted.
Later that day there was a surprise that wasn't. A net shot out over Pikachu and I heard two voices, then a third.
"To protect the world from devastation..."
"To unite all peoples within our nation..."
"To denounce the evils of truth and love..."
"To extend our reach to the stars above..."
"Jesse."
"James."
"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"
"Surrender now or prepare to fight!"
"Meowth, that's right!"
Jesse, James, and Meowth walked out from their hiding place.
"What are you doing here?" Ash demanded.
"We're in every episode, except a few of the first ones," Jesse said.
"But this is a romance fanfic, not an episode of Pokémon!" Ash said.
"Oh, I can be romantic," Jesse said. She turned around and kissed James, whose eyebrows shot up.
Ash sighed. "That's not romantic, that's disgusting. Lugia, I choose you. Areoblast!"
Lugia came out and did what Ash said. Jesse, James, Meowth and Wobbuffet (who had just escaped his Pokéball) were shot into the air.
"Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off already!"
"Wobb-a-Wobb!"
Then they disappeared with a little glint in the sky. Pikachu, still in the net, was falling. Ash caught him and pulled off the net. "Pikachu!" he cried. Then, "Lugia, return!" and Lugia went back in its Pokéball.
But Wobbuffet's cry still echoed off the mountains around us. I heard a rumbling. A second before I was covered in rocks and gravel I realized it was a landslide.
I was scared. It was dark and hard and it hurt. I couldn't escape from the small cave that was slowly crushing me. I heard rocks settling around me.
After a while I heard rocks moving above me. "Misty!" cried Brock.
"Brock!" I cried. "Where are you?"
"Put up your hand!" he said, and I reached up. His warm hand grabbed mine and I heard more rocks being moved. Soon I saw light, and Brock was pulling me out of the rubble. He pulled me up into a tight embrace and kissed me. "I was so worried," he said between kisses.
Then I heard a muffled sound. "Where's Ash?" I asked Brock.
Brock looked at me. Then he looked around. We heard that noise again. "Ash!" we both yelled. We started digging where the noise had come from.
After a while Ash was safely above ground. We decided to make camp near there for the night since we all had quite a few bruises.
We were all sitting around the campfire. It was cold. Suddenly a Caterpie crawled up my arm and sat on my elbow. "Ah!" I screamed. "Get it off me, get it off me!!" I hate bugs!
Brock reached over and picked the Caterpie off my arm. It crawled around on his hand for a little and Brock set it down on the ground.
"Hey, that reminds me of the first Pokémon I caught," Ash said.
"All I can remember was how much it liked me," I said with a shudder.
"I wish I knew where he was now," Ash said with a sigh.
"Ash, your Caterpie- erm, Butterfree, went away for a good purpose. He went away for love," Brock told Ash. "I can't think of any better cause. And from what I remember, you let your Butterfree go."
"How do you know so much about love, Brock?" Ash asked.
Brock didn't answer, but gave me a sidelong look that Ash didn't seem to notice.
I got what Brock was trying to tell me. "Ash, what do you know about love? You wouldn't know love if it was right in front of your face," I said.
"Fine, then. When I see the next couple I'll tell you," Ash said.
I almost laughed out loud. He didn't see it, did he, how me and Brock felt? So I had been right, he didn't know love at all.
Again that night Ash was the first one to fall asleep. I was in my sleeping bag staring at the stars. I could tell Brock was doing the same.
"Brock?" I whispered.
"Yeah, Misty?"
"Do you think Ash will ever figure it out?" I asked.
"What? Our love? No. I don't think he would believe us if we told him a million times," Brock said.
"I'd rather have true love than be the best trainer in the world." I sighed.
A pause.
"Vega looks awfully bright tonight," I said.
"Where?" Brock asked. I pointed. Brock awkwardly wiggled in his sleeping bag over to me and looked up my arm at the star.
"See, it's summer, so Vega's almost right above us." I changed where I was pointing and outlined a large square. "Pegasus," I said. I pointed back at Vega and moved my finger slowly north. "Polaris, the North Star." I pointed to Ursa Major. "The Big Dipper."
"I didn't know you knew so much about stars, Misty," Brock said. He turned his head slightly and kissed my arm. My arms twined around his neck and I kissed him.
And we ended up falling asleep there in each other's arms. To any of you people reading this who thinks more went on that night than just kissing, you're absolutely disgusting! This is rated PG, duh.
Anyways. Fortunately we woke up before Ash did. I was a little embarrassed that Ash almost discovered us again. But he hadn't; Ash woke up to the smell of delicious oatmeal cooking and a Pikachu waking him up.
***
Once we got far enough east we got on the new Magnet Train going from Cerulean City to Cinnabar Island. We rode it to the Pallet Town Station and got off. Professor Oak was there; so was Mrs. Ketchum.
We stayed at Ash's house. Professor Oak was studying Ash's Pokémon. Tracey was sketching them. It wasn't long before people showed up wanting to see Ash or one of their favorite Pokémon.
Then a strange letter was sent to Ash. It was carried to Pallet Town by a beautiful Dragonite. So Ash, Brock and I went to Professor Oak's to read it. It was a beautiful letter; beautiful handwriting scrawled over the paper in majestic sentences. Ash read it to us.

Champion Ash,
You are invited to Indigo Plateau for a Pokémon battle with me. The battle will take place ten days from when you will receive this letter. Please write me an R.S.V.P. and give it to my messenger. He will deliver it safely to me. I hope to see you there.
Lance the Dragon Master

"Wow, Ash! You got a letter from Dragon Master Lance?" Tracey said with awe.
"Ash, you better get going fast if you're going to get to Indigo Plateau in ten days. You'll probably have to use one of your flying Pokémon to get there on time," Professor Oak said.
"Well, He's going to have to write an R.S.V.P. before he can do anything," suggested Brock.
So Ash wrote a letter saying he would be there. Ash had a different idea about how to travel fast. When I asked him what he had in mind, he said, "Remember how long it took me to capture Suicune, Entei and Raikou because they were always running around?" he said. I remembered.
We said our goodbyes and Ash got the three Pokémon. Ash got on Entei, Brock got on Raikou, and I got Suicune.
And across the wild lands of Kanto we flew, northwest to Indigo Plateau. We covered a lot of ground during the day and camped at night. The kisses went on then, at night, and Ash still didn't seem to notice. One time we had thought he caught us, but it ended up that he was just sleepwalking. I was still teaching Brock how to navagate the stars. One night he asked me, " Do you think Ash will win the battle with Lance?"
"I don't know, but he can't be any harder than Sakura was," I answered. I had heard of Lance. He had been the Champion before Sakura beat him. Before that he was in the Elite Four. He must be pretty tough. I also heard he was devastated when was beaten by Sakura.
I didn't know completely, but this seemed like it would be a close battle...


Yup, yup, I'm so mean. I left a cliff hanger. Oh, well, you'll live, trust me. The new chapter is coming right up.