Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ 10 Ways to Say 'I Hate You' ❯ First Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: …no idea where this came from…

DISCLAIMER: The muses got tired of, having to think up, really stupid boring things, to say in the disclaimer, so the authoress, had to do it herself, and now she's a mess, cuz she doesn't know how.

A.K.A., I own nothing, so don't sue! Send a lovely Cease and Desist email instead, nah?! Nah?!

Summary: Malik is the slut, head bully, biggest, scariest, meanest, nastiest, rudest, awfull-est ((YES! THAT IS A WORD!)) kid in Domino-Year School for Boys. Ryou is the transfer student from Osaka. What happens when Ryou and Malik are roommates thus get stuck together through pretty much everything?

Otras Notas: `Domino-Year School for Boys' is like a boarding school, except… not. It has a campus, like a university, and the students can select however many extra courses they want as long as they keep up with their core classes (English the second language, Grammar/Reading/Japanese, Arithmetic, History, Science, and Physical Education/Health). The students are put in groups of two or four, and are given a sort-of hotel room with bunk beds, small bathroom, small TV, a large desk and dresser, and a closet. The rooms are in large, five story buildings only just off campus. The students live on/off/whatever campus all year, and can go back home for one month during the summer, two weeks during the winter, and/or two weeks during the spring. As long as they attend all of their classes, students are allowed to wander around the city (Domino City, to be exact). However, dating and part-time jobs are against school policy, so if students want to buy anything at a store or whatever, their parents have to send them the money. They have school uniforms, and have to pay for their tuition. There is a "Domino-year School for Girls" across town. Students from these two schools are NOT allowed to visit, write to, talk to, meet, or even acknowledge each others' presence. Not only for the obvious reasons, the weird not-so-obvious reasons that schools use for some things, and that the two schools are at a major rivalry…

Just wanted to explain that. *^^* and also, this has NOTHING to do with "10 Things I Hate About You" the movie. XD nothing at all! it is a good movie, though… and if you haven't seen it, you have not liiiived!!!! GO WATCH IT! NOW! ^_~

This fic, in case you haven't noticed, is AU. That means "Alternate Universe" which means "NOTHING LIKE THE ANIME"! so… ::coughs:: right. We'll be using a mix of dub, Japanese, and made-up names in here, too. They will follow after the warnings.

Warnings: AU, OOC, TWT, maybe WAFF, shounen-ai, maybe shoujo-ai, maybe yaoi, the obvious romance (oh, you haven't figured that out by now?), and possible NCS/abuse/etc…. all that good stuff. ^_^ RxM YYxBxYM YxJ (or SxJ, haven't decided yet. Have you got a preference?) and there'll be a couple of OC (Original Character)s. sorry. Hayashiba-chan hates reading them and she hates writing them, so it's only fair to warn you. U_U ikanaide kudasai! Their parts are dinky, dinky, dinky! You'll hardly notice them - Hayashiba-chan swears it! yeah. NCS, too. Watch out.

INDEX (not really) OF CHARACTERS' NAMES

Téa Gardner = Mazaki, Anzu

Joey Wheeler = Jounouchi, Katsuya

Yugi Moto = Mutou, Yuugi

Ba-kor-ra (how the hell do they spell it in the English version?!) = Kuraba, Ryou (teehee, `bakura' backwards! …sorta…)

The other Yugi/Yami Yugi = Ou, Yami (yeah, it's unimaginative. SO WHAT?! THERE A PROBLEM WITH YAMI'S LAST NAME BEING "OU"?! …yeah, that's right. Thought so.)

The other Ba-kor-ra/Yami Ba-kor-ra = Anbu, Bakura ("anbu" = "the darkside of…" *^^* isn't that clever?)

Set-o Kaiba = Kaiba, Seto

Marec = Ishtar, Malik

The other Marec/Yami Marec = Ishitaru, Mariku

Tristan Tailor = Honda, Hiroto

Duke… uh, what is it again? Devil? Devan? *can't remember v.v* = Otogi, Ryuuji

Pegasus = Mr. P the P.E. Teacher (long name, yea…)

You'll be warned if any other characters pop up…

~*~

"10 Ways to Say `I Hate You'"

01/20

((20 chaps is just an estimate… bit of personal guidelines, really. If Hayashiba-chan goes over or under 20 chaps then… you have to write a Ryou/Malik ficcy including a plastic spatula, bright red lipstick, and lots of smelly shampoo! *^^* *sly grin* is it a deal? *sticks out hand to shake*))

~*~

- Third Person POV -

The drive to the airport had been silent.

Oh, Ryou's father HAD attempted to make conversation, but his teenage son only gazed out the window, hiding his face and playing with his seatbelt. In the back seat, Amane was happily chattering about how she couldn't wait to get to her new "college" and make new friends and wander around town. She asked Ryou what he planned to do when he got to his new school. Ryou didn't answer her.

It'll only be for a few years, Ryou's father attempted, then I'll come back from Egypt and we'll go back to our home and friends and be a normal, happy family once more.

Ryou said they had never been a normal family and never would be. He asked why they couldn't stay home and go to THEIR schools instead of flying all the way to some place off the edge of Tokyo for three or more years.

Ryou's father said it was because Ryou wasn't emancipated, and otherwise the state would have stepped in.

Amane said she didn't want to go back. She was too young, too innocent, to understand, Ryou thought. Amane, at the age of five, couldn't *possibly* understand what was going on.

She still thought their mother was going to meet them. She still thought their mother was on a trip.

And Ryou hated his father for lying to her. He hated him for not being there when Mother needed him most. He hated him for burying himself in his work, instead of his children. He hated him for how he was running away, now, and leaving his last pieces of Mother behind in a couple of dirty boarding schools.

Ryou's father insisted it was for work. Ryou told him he was acting like a child, and got smacked in the face for that.

They hadn't exchanged more then a few words since then - last week. And now they were on their way to the airport, where Ryou and Amane would head to Domino City in the other side of Japan and the Kuraba father would head on to Egypt. They were driving a rental, and would have a friend pick it up later.

Ryou sighed as Mr. Kuraba pulled up in front of the airport that proclaimed `OSAKA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT' in large, bold letters. Amane hugged her backpack and stuffed bunny rabbit ("His name is Mr. Bin-bin Bunny.") while Ryou and Mr. Kuraba grunted under the weight of all their baggage.

"Bai-bai otouchan! Tell okaachan I love her and I'm sad she couldn't see us offa the plane-port!" Amane squeaked in that little squeaky voice of hers, hugging Mr. Rabaku.

"I- I will, Amane-chan…" he murmured against her feather-white locks.

"Promise?"

"I… I promise."

Ryou was disgusted. He fully planned to tell Amane the truth, the moment their father was out of sight. Mr. Kuraba released Amane and turned to Ryou, who turned his back on him.

"Not going to say anything to me, Ryou?"

"… I have nothing to say to you."

Mr. Kuraba gave a heavy sigh, and then, "I'm not going to elaborate, because little ears are around," he motioned to Amane, who was playing tea-party with Mr. Bin-bin Bunny, "but I think it would be best if… the truth about *her* … was kept between us. At least for now."

Ryou said nothing, staring instead at the flight attendant bending down to drink a cup of pretend tea with Amane and Mr. Bin-bin Bunny.

"Ryou." Mr. Kuraba warned, grabbing the teen's shoulder tightly, "promise me. she is too young, you know that… Promise me now, son."

"I'm not your son," Ryou whispered venomously, "and I'm not promising anything to *you*." he jerked his arm back roughly.

"I hate you."

he began walking toward Gate 3-A and was halfway down the tunnel when Amane and the flight attendant caught up to him, both wearing reprimanding looks. He didn't acknowledge them. Either of them. Once or twice he grabbed Amane's wrist, but otherwise, stared fixedly out the window and played with his seatbelt.

The flight was a long, tedious one. Halfway through, Amane fell asleep, clutching Mr. Bin-bin Bunny to her chest, and when they finally arrived at the Domino City airport, he had to carry her, and her backpack, off. The flight attendant thought it was cute.

Ryou said nothing to her.

Once inside the airport, Ryou sat in a chair with Amane next to him and their bags at his feet. Maybe ten, fifteen minutes later, a young man wearing an official-looking suit walked up, closely followed by a young woman wearing the same uniform, only it was a skirt.

"Kuraba Ryou and Kuraba Amane?" the woman asked. Ryou glared at him.

"Yeah, that's us."

The woman seemed unaffected. "Kuraba-san, I am to escort Amane-chan to Domino-year School for Girls at this time. Would you like to see her off?"

"And you will be coming with me, Kuraba-kun," the man put in. he and the woman glared at each other.

Ryou sniffed at them haughtily, then leaned over and shook Amane awake.

"Imouto," he murmured to her sleepy green eyes, "we're going now. Call me, okay? The moment you get there."

"O… Okay… Onii-chan…" she yawned.

"Promise me."

"I- I promise, Onii-chan." She sat up, clutching Mr. Bin-bin Bunny under one arm as she rubbed an eye with the other fist. Then she leaned over and allowed Ryou to cuddle her for a moment, before letting the woman take her bags (for an old hag, she was pretty strong…) and hand, leading her away. she looked back at Ryou for a moment, green eyes big an innocent.

Ryou remembered how she thought their mother would be returning. He felt sick, and slung on his backpack and the messenger bag allowed by Domino-year. The man took his suitcase and Ryou followed him out of the airport to a company car, or what most company cars looked like, and Ryou sat in the bag, next to his bags. Again, he went to staring out the window and fiddling with his seatbelt.

The sun had long since gone down; Ryou gave a heavy sigh when he remembered that unless he wanted his Osakan Accent made fun of, he'd have to imitate the speech patterns of natives of Tokyo and Domino City… dammit.

Vaguely, he remembered the man saying several things to him, prattling on about Domino-year's reputation, rules, schedule, etc., etc., thus Ryou tuned out.

It was past eleven when they arrived at a place that resembled a cheap motel. Another man at the front desk also lectured Ryou about rules, then gave him a stack of papers.

"Read these, and sign what you need to. The six core classes are required, but select as many electives as you want, as long as they fit in with your schedule. Have one made up by afternoon tomorrow, and we'll settle you in," he said. Ryou didn't bother to acknowledge him, so he continued, "Your roommate is Ishtar, Malik. Ask him to show you around. You two are on…" the man paused, fiddling with something at the front desk. He returned and gave Ryou a card-key. "Room 514 on the fifth floor. Take this elevator to the top," he pointed, "and go left down the hall. It's at the end. Once more, we'd like to congratulate you on your choice of Domino-year and being able to pass our entrance exam."

Ryou didn't even wait for him to finish. Teetering under everything in his arms, he followed the man's directions to Room five-fourteen, ran the key card through the lock, and entered.

It wasn't as bad as he had originally thought.

A few meters in front of the door was just hallway, then a door to the left (which was a closet), a door to the right (a bathroom) and the hall widened into a fair-sized room with a dresser pushed up against a corner, next to a window, and to the left of that was a bunk bed. On the other side was a large desk, and on a small table next to it, a microwave and mini-fridge.

The moonlight spilled through the curtains, and Ryou dropped his things in the only free corner before going over to shut the blinds as well. He hated heights.

After a bit of searching, Ryou came to the conclusion that nobody was there (some roommate) so he chose on the bunk that was made - the top bunk. Then he figured, hell with it, and plopped down on the bottom bunk. He laid there for what seemed to be forever, head pressed into the pillow, eyes watering up and wanting to cry, yet not crying.

He stayed like that until several hours has passed since the sun rise. Sighing and recognizing the fact he wouldn't be getting any more sleep, Ryou got up, grabbed the papers the man had given him the night before, sat down at the cluttered desk, and began to fill them out. It took less than an hour; turned out the only weekend they had here was Sunday, probably for the religious students to get out and do whatever religious people do no Sundays.

His schedule started at six-thirty in the morning and ended at four-thirty in the afternoon on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. ON Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, Ryou day began at six A.M. sharp and ended at five P.M. Or so he figured. He planned on taking almost all of the electives; when in doubt, work.

And Ryou figured he'd be spending the rest of his life in doubt. Didn't matter. He loved anything that could keep his mind off of… *them*.

After a quick shower and change of clothing, Ryou repacked his school bag with paper and pencils, and, holding what he needed to turn in under his right arm and his card key in his back pocket, he headed back down to the "lobby." There were, somewhat surprisingly, some students already there.

Most of them were in a medium-sized room to the right of the stairs and elevators, in what Ryou guessed was a kitchen or dining room. Great. Free breakfast. He gave the man at the desk his papers, and was told to wait in the Dining Hall. Ryou did, but only to get a very strong cup of coffee. He ignored the curious looks to his back, and tried not to be disgusted with the uniforms. He'd be wearing one of those… things… soon enough.

Ryou left with his mug of cheap-tasting wanna-be coffee, and went back to the front desk. A different man was there.

"What is it, kid?"

"I was supposed to get a call from somebody at Domino-year for Girls, last night, or this morning…" he was careful to disguise his accent.

"Eh?" the man scoffed, "Ain't allowed to contact them chicks. Against school policy."

"Screw the school policy! Did I get one or not?"

"Depends."

"Is it my name? Kuraba."

The man rifled through some papers, and wrinkled his nose. "Yeah, you did. Ryou, isn't it? yeah, earlier this morning you got a call from one… your father, I believe. Saying be a good boy and maybe he'll see you at one of your breaks." The man smirked. "How cute."

Ryou flipped him off and left, left the building completely, and wandered off into town, coffee momentarily forgotten. He didn't return until well past noon, in which he finally decided some sleep would be nice. Carrying the empty mug, he managed to find his way back to the hotel/motel/dorms in less then two hours, and was greeted by several pissed off men.

They ranted and raved and prattled about school rules and then some for a while, then gave Ryou his schedules, uniform, and books. He went back to his room, sagging under the weight of things once more, and dumped his things in the same corner where his backpack and suitcase were. It also seemed that Malik had decided to show up while Ryou was gone.

He was taller, by a couple of inches at least, and rather muscular. His hair was long, but not as long as Ryou's, and white-blond. His skin was a golden-mocha sun kissed color, his eyes a cold lavender shade, stomach and chest flat and smooth. Actually, his skin seemed fairly flawless. Ryou knew this because Malik was wearing a pair of tight black leather pants that BARELY covered what they needed to, and that was it.

"Kuraba, I presume?" his voice was rich, deep, dangerous.

Ryou found he had lost his voice, and only gazed stupidly at the other teen.

"Do you talk, or are you really as stupid as you look?"

Ryou snapped out of his trance.

"Fuck off, Ishtar."

He arched a perfectly sculpted eyebrow and smirked, rising from his place on the bottom bunk. He sauntered over to Ryou, who refused to be intimidated (outwardly, anyway. it seemed Malik was a very intimidating guy… and super cute, too…) by backing away.

"My, my, such language… first impressions are lasting impressions, you know..." he stopped so close in front of Ryou that the snowy haired teen cold feel the other's breath as he looked up at him. Determined not to be pushed around like he was at his old school, he clenched his jaw and lowered his chin obstinately to stare holes through the base of Malik's neck. "When did you get here? Last night?"

Ryou didn't move… didn't even blink.

Malik sighed and, moving quickly enough to make Ryou stomach leap into his throat, physically picked the shorter up and slammed him to the ground, pinning him with a knee to the groin and his fingers buried tightly in Ryou's shoulders.

Ryou didn't react.

"Damn," Malik muttered, "you're going to be difficult aren't you? Alright smart-ass, listen up. The dresser and desk are mine, closet is yours. Bottom bunk, mine, top bunk, yours. I take showers at night, so you take them in the morning. Don't talk to me, don't bother me, don't make me even *think* of acknowledging your existence in anyway, IS. THAT. CLEAR.?"

Ryou pressed his lips (very kissable lips, Malik decided, staring) together tightly, but otherwise, made no move.

Malik sighed again. "Also, I'll have personal business here some nights, if not all. I really don't care whether you stick around or not, though you're obviously virgin, so I'm assuming that, yes, you will mind. Sleep in the lobby, in a tree, in a cardboard box for all I care, but keep *out* of my business. Understand?"

Ryou released the pressure on his lips, making them seemed much more flushed and soft-looking, and blinked slowly.

Malik shifted so that he was straddling Ryou's legs, then grabbed the younger teen by the throat and jerked him up and forward into a rough kiss.

This time, Ryou did react. He gasped (Malik took that as an invitation to French him) and began struggling, somehow managing to hit all the right places it took to get Malik "awake." Moaning softly, he caught Ryou's thrashing wrists in his free hand, and pressed their groins together. Ryou gasped again and whimpered, struggling harder now.

However, he was no match for Malik's strength, and Malik didn't release him until he decided it was necessary, throwing Ryou back to the ground and pinning his wrists on either side of his head. He leaned in close, glaring straight into Ryou's eyes, and hissed, "Answer me, Ryou-chan."

"F- fuck off," Ryou repeated, weaker this time.

"Gladly." Malik replied, and literally ripped Ryou's shirt off his chest. Ryou yelped and began struggling again, arching his hips and back, jerking his arms and wrists, shaking his head, twisting every which way he could. He really was virgin, Malik decided, because he obviously didn't know moving like that was only making the situation worse.

Grabbing him by the wrists, he dragged Ryou back to his bed and sat down, forcing the boy to his knees. Malik undid the buttons on his pants one-hand, and gripped Ryou by the hair tightly and forced himself into the shorter's mouth.

If Ryou had been thinking straight, he probably would have bit down harshly, but at the time, he wanted no part of his mouth any where near… Malik pushed himself all the way, making Ryou gag and his eyes to water up. But he didn't cry. He wouldn't cry. There was no way…

There was no way Ryou would be forced into something like this! He had control, he had-and he always would…!

Ryou pulled away mentally, farther and farther, until he was lost, and everything went black.