Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Kaiba Christmas ❯ A Kaiba Christmas ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Yu_Gi_Oh! is owned by its creator, Kabuki Takahashi and its respective anime companies. I'm borrowing the characters and ideas for a nonprofit fan fiction written solely for the enjoyment of myself, and hopefully others.

A Kaiba Christmas
By: Elf

Once Upon a Time . . .

No, wait, thats not right.

It was Christmas Eve night. Snow was falling softly, blanketing everything in serene white. Children were nuzzled tightly in bed, warm and happy awaiting the next morning. Visions of sugar plums and Monsters and Wizards danced through their heads.

But those kids arent the point of this Christmas story.

Nor is a grumpy monster whos heart was three sizes too small trying to steal Christmas.

Or a reindeer who has a glowing red nose.

Or a little boy wanting a Red Rider BB gun complete with a compass, a stock, and this thing that tells time. Even though, in this writers mind, that is one of the best Christmas stories ever told.

No, our sordid little tale begins as such . . .

******
Kaiba Seto was an insomniac workaholic, even on Christmas Eve. He was a perfectionist, always striving to a higher level, no matter what time it was. When his genius hit him, he had to work, no matter when, where, or how. There had even been times where he had abruptly left school, work, and board meetings when a flash of inspiration for a new project hit.

Now was one of those times.

Shouldnt you be sleeping? the sardonic female voice of Kaibas Artificial Intelligence system asked as he brought up calibrations and light directions.

Kaiba retorted, Ill sleep when Im dead. Blue eyes narrowed with satisfaction as he realized his calculations were correct. But then again, when youre as smart as me, youre never wrong , Kaiba thought smugly as he typed in another variable.

The AI retorted, And what will Mokuba think when he wakes up tomorrow morning to find his brother asleep at his computer again?

Mokuba understands, Kaiba sniped back, trying not to let the AI get to him. He wondered for the thousandth time why he had programed her to ask questions like that. He thought it might have been that he had a moments lapse of sanity and missed his own mother, thus programing a motherly nature into the system. Or maybe he needed to be reminded of things like home and family when working himself half to death.

The AI snorted, Its Christmas, Seto. I may just be a computer, but I know how important Christmas is.

Actually, if you want to get technical Jesus was found by the Wise Men in July, not December. And the Christmas tree was a Pagan tradition originally, not Christian. The Christians have this odd insistence of stealing different things from other religions, Kaiba retorted smugly to the computer.

Suddenly, the screen and the lights around Kaiba in his lab started to flash a brilliant crimson, like glowing rubies. He looked up with a start as the security alarm went off. For it to be flashing red there was an intruder in the Kaiba mansion.

Kaiba demanded, Find the intruder and isolate them using non lethal procedures.

All that I can isolate them with is non lethal procedures. Remember, you disabled the gun truants yourself two years ago, the AI reminded him.

Kaiba rubbed the back of his neck and scowled. Find the moron and stun him, if possible, Kaiba snapped. There were areas of the house that were installed with electronic stunning devices in case such a thing happened. If the person was in an area of the house that wasnt, Kaiba could simply trap the person and deal with them himself.

And Kaiba was more than able to deal with some idiot trying to break into his house and put Mokuba in harms way. In fact, he was cracking his knuckles in anticipation. It had been ages since he had gotten into a good fight and was itching for the chance to pound some frustration out on some moronic thief.

******
Oh dear, those alarms were loud .

A charming figure dressed in a red velvet suit trimmed with white fur looked up, his round belly shaking like a bowl full of jelly. His button nose, tinted pink from the cold, shifted up in alarm. Nervously, the round, elfin figure pulled on his long, white beard.

Santa Claus, or Saint Nicholas, Nick or Nicky to his friends, always hated visiting the Kaiba household.

He adored both brothers, but every time he thought of Seto it upset him. Seto was such a good boy, despite the boys furious protests. He donated millions of dollars to various charities every year and lived to make children happy. Like his little brother Mokuba. Seto had this heroic urge to make sure that every child didnt have to live the life he did.

Had Nick been capable of violence, he would have personally taught Setos stepfather a lesson. However, he was Santa and Santa didnt do anything like that. Still, every year when he arrived at the Kaiba manner he felt a twinge of sympathy for the blue-eyed teen.

Then there was the fact that the boy was too smart for his own good. Every year before now Nick had been able to use his magical abilities to get past Setos security systems. Except this year. Nick suspected that it had something to do with Mutou Yugi and his Puzzle that made Seto more aware of the metaphysical as well as the physical.

Nick wiggled his nose and all the Kaibas presents were under their Christmas tree. He nodded respectfully at the Blue Eyes White dragon that guarded the top of the tree, silently bellowing out a challenge to whoever passed. The blue and silver theme of the tree only highlighted its top.

Mokuba had a fine eye for design.

Nick then started to run toward the chimney, but the doors of the room shut around him. He wiggled his nose to teleport himself out, but he couldnt. With dismay, Santa Claus noted that there were traces of iron all around the room, bounding all Fey or Fey formed magic.

Oh dear, Nick sighed as he thought of a spell to try to get out of here without too much damage.

However, he heard the foot steps behind him before it was too late.

Nick spun around only to see Kaiba Setos fist fly at his face before crumbling to the ground like a bunch of unwanted Jell-O.

******
Kaiba watched as the red garbed intruder fell to the ground, his rolls of fat jigging vilely as he did. Kaiba cracked his knuckles with satisfaction. Computer, any other intruders in the area? He said.

The AIs voice came over the speaker system, None in the house, Seto, but there is something unusual on the roof.

Kaiba looked the intruder over. His lip curled in disgust as he took note of the Santa costume, the snow white beard, and the button nose that had to be face. As he bent down, he asked, Can you confirm?

Seto, youre not going to believe me, but its a sleigh and eight reindeer. No, correction, nine reindeer. The reindeer on the lead has a . . . bright, glowing red nose, Seto, the AI answered.

Kaiba snorted, Are you trying out your humor program again? If so, I am amused.

Seto, Im not, the computer system protested.

Suddenly, the doors opened.

Kaiba snapped, Who set up the override?
System was overridden by Kaiba Mokuba using the password: Gecko on Speed, the AI answered cheerfully.

Indeed, rushing into the room in a dark flash, was the youngest Kaiba. Mokubas raven locks were even more unruly than normal, tousled by sleep. Kaiba felt a pang as his baby brothers huge violet-grey eyes looked up at him accusingly.

Mokuba sank by the intruders side. Kaiba stood up. Mokuba tugged on the beard and it didnt give. In fact, the old mans sleeping face grimaced in pain. Then, to Kaibas great disgust, Mokuba shook the old mans gut, giggling as it jiggled. Then he glared back up at Kaiba again.

Mokuba exclaimed, Niisama ! You knocked out Santa Claus! Why did you knock out Santa, Niisama ?

Kaiba snorted, Santa Claus doesnt exist, Mokuba.

Then who the hells lying on the floor? Mokuba demanded, standing up and glaring up at Kaiba.

Kaiba rolled his eyes and placed a hand on his brothers slim shoulder. He knelt down so they were on about equal eye level. He answered, Some sick moron whos idea for a joke is dressing up as St. Nick and breaking into our home, Mokuba.

Then, offhandedly, Kaiba added, And dont curse. It doesnt become you. You have a far keener mind than that, Mokuba.

It was a litany Kaiba always said when Mokubas choice of language wasnt the cleanest. As usual, Mokuba rolled his eyes. Kaiba knew it was hypocritical to tell his brother to watch his language when he himself cursed up a storm when the mood hit him or some idiot provoked him.

Mokuba pointed to the Christmas tree and asked, Then where did all those presents come from?

Kaiba turned and his eyes widened. The presents that had been there had doubled from since he had last looked under the tree. The Blue Eyes White Dragon tree topper looked down on him almost mockingly with crystal blue eyes, as if the creature knew the whole story.

Make sure you didnt kill Santa, Seto, Mokuba demanded, looking up at him with those huge eyes and pouting ever so slightly.

Kaiba tilted his head away, trying to look away from the adorable panting look. Mokuba tugged on his shirt and Kaiba automatically looked down. He wished he hadnt. Mokubas eyes were luminous and pleading, the lower lip protruding slightly as he gently traced the floor around him with his toe. Kaiba knew that Mokuba practiced that damned look, but he fell for it every time.

Damn it, Kaiba swore as he roughly shoved the beard aside to place his hand on the old mans neck.

To his horror, he didnt feel anything.

Alarmed, Kaiba placed his ear on the old mans breast. Finally he heard something, but it wasnt the steady beat of a human heart. No, this was something else.

It was beating, but it was beating to the tune of Jingle Bells.

Kaibas eyes widened as he jerked away.

Curious, he placed his head down again.

The carol being beat out was now Silent Night.

What the fuck?! Kaiba exclaimed, jumping away from the prone form and dragging Mokuba with him.

Mokuba looked at him and drawled, Told you it was Santa. Then he added in a sing song voice, Language, Niisama!

Santa doesnt exist, Kaiba weakly protested.

Mokuba rolled his eyes and snorted, Oh, so says the guy who is a reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian priest who used a magic Rod to control peoples minds. If that exists and we can get our souls sucked out of our bodies by wacko American freaks, then Santa should exist.

Kaiba felt the horror of the situation hit him in the head like a carefully placed blow. His eyes widened as he stared at Santa Claus prone form. He reached out his foot and gently shook Santa with it. The old man didnt wake up.

I knocked out Santa, Kaiba gasped, blinking furiously.

Mokuba chirped, Now youve gotta deliver the presents for Domino until he wakes up! Ill watch him for you.

Deliver presents ? Me ? Mokuba, I told you that you shouldnt have chocolate before going to bed, Kaiba replied as he frowned down at his little brother. Mokuba just grinned up at him.

Mokuba snickered, Aww, come on, Niisama , itll be fun! Ill watch Santa and you deliver presents. Just for Domino. Hell be awake when you get done.

How do you know this? Kaiba asked.

Mokuba grinned and answered, Because its a Christmas story, Niisama . Its part of the plot. Now go!

******
Kaiba pulled his blue duster tightly around him as he approached the roof. Snow settled on his chestnut hair as it fell from the sky. As he approached the helicopter pad there, his mouth dropped open.

Instead of a bright red sleigh pulled by nine reindeer, there was a sleek silver craft with his three Blue Eyes White Dragons on it.

Kaiba fell to his knees as he looked up in wonder.

Hot tears stung his eyes and threatened to spill as he looked up. He thought of all the times he had fantasied seeing all of his favorite creature. All the times he had dreamed it. Part of the whole reason he designed the holographic duel system was for that childish fantasy.

And now he was living it.

The dragons turned their sleek heads toward Kaiba, their sapphire eyes, so much like his own, unblinking. The lead dragon seemed to smirk slightly. Kaiba managed to stand on his feet again and walk over to them.

Dont you have a job to do, Seto? I mean, you punched out our boss , a wiry voice said in his head.

Kaiba asked, I thought you were nine reindeer? Not three dragons.

Were shape shifters, kiddo. Do you really think that nine reindeer could survive up north tame? Wed get our asses eaten by wolves. The only reason we take that retarded form is because its what Nicky likes and what humans think. But hey, you punched Nicky and we get to be something bad ass for a little while so its all good, the voice replied happily.

Kaiba climbed into the craft and picked up the black leather reigns. They felt good in his hands, the weight just right. He snapped them, careful not to touch the dragons shimmery hides.

Kaiba shouted, Blue Eyes White Dragons, to the air!

See, much cooler than On a bunch of girly German names, the creatures continued as the dragons wings spread. With a mighty flap, they rose to the air. Kaiba gripped the reigns as the craft was drawn up into the air with them.

And since were dragons, we can do THIS !

The dragons spun through the air, spinning the craft with them. Kaibas eyes widened as he held on as he was spun around. Then they rose swiftly through the air, the smell of ozone cracking around them as they picked up speed.

There was only one thing that Kaiba could have done at this moment.

The teenage boy laughed.

******
Jounouchi Katsuya heard something that sounded a lot like Kaiba cackling and a Blue Eyes roaring. He wondered if he wasnt having one of his bizarre dreams about Kaiba. One of the ones where Kaiba towered above him and telling Jounouchi to bow before his master.

Then, suddenly, something hard hit his lap.

Jounouchi sat up with a start and snarled, What the hell?

Kaiba was sitting outside of his open window, laughing. He had a festively wrapped package in his hand. Which he threw at Jounouchis head.

The blond was barely able to dodge the well-thrown projectile. He snapped, Kaiba, what the fuck are you doing?

Kaiba smirked and he backed up. Jounouchis eyes widened as a Blue Eyes White Dragon looked him in the eyes. The dragon made a sound like a snort as Kaiba was pulled into view again.

Jounouchis mouth dropped open in shock.

Kaiba laughed again and said, Merry Christmas, Jounouchi.

With that, he was pulled into the air by three sleek dragons, leaving Jounouchi gaping like a fish.

Jounouchi pulled himself together to look at the two presents that Kaiba had thrown at him.

Well, thats weird.

Shrugging, he began to open said presents.

******
And all through Domino that night, the sound of maniacal laughter could be heard cutting through the night. If you looked to the sky, you could have seen Kaiba Seto being pulled in his sleek silver craft by three huge, powerful Blue Eyes White Dragons as he delivered presents to the lucky townspeople of Domino. Except Kaiba threw his presents out with deadly aim instead of placing them nicely under the tree.

******
Kaiba landed the craft on his roof. Waiting there was Santa and Mokuba. Mokuba rushed over to the now crimson sleigh and nine reindeer.

Kaiba dismounted and placed a hand on his brothers shoulder. He approached the jolly old elf. The elfs bright brown eyes twinkled as he held out a green mitten hand toward Kaiba.

Ho, ho, ho! Excellent job, if I say so myself, Seto! Santa joyfully said as he shook Kaibas hand.
Kaiba lifted an eyebrow and stated, I knocked you out.

Santa winked at Kaiba and suddenly Kaiba was pulled into a warm embrace. Kaiba automatically froze as large hands patted his back. Santa smelled strongly of wood smoke and peppermint. A safe, homey sound.

I had it all planed, Seto. So, how did you like your Christmas present? Santa replied as he let Kaiba go, chuckling merrily.

Kaiba frowned and asked, Flying the dragons? You had this planned?

Seto, youre a better person than you realize, despite how others tried to warp you in the past. The thing is that you never want anything, except to beat little Yugi in a silly card game, but thats different. So I knew that there was one thing in the world that youd love to do. Sadly, I couldnt get you a pet dragon. They tend to do massive amounts of property damage, Santa answered as he tapped the side of his nose.

He then ruffled Mokubas hair before heading back to his sleigh. He settled himself in warm furs that hadnt been there before. He waved at the brothers as the reindeer took to the air.

Merry Christmas, Mokuba and Seto, and have a good night! That means getting to sleep boys! Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa cheered before speeding away in a flash of light, fading quickly from view.

Mokuba took Kaibas hand and chirped, You heard what Santa said, Niisama . Come on. He then drug his brother into the house.

Kaiba looked at the sky, still slightly in awe, Santas words ringing in his ears.

Seto, youre a better person than you realize . . .

Im not sure, I havent been sure for a long time, Kaiba thought to himself as he wrapped an arm around Mokubas shoulders.

Still, he smiled and looked down at Mokuba. He asked, Do you still have your copy of The Night Before Christmas ?

Mokuba nodded.

Kaiba asked, How long has it been since I read you a story?

Since we finished Order of the Phoenix , Mokuba answered as he looked up at Kaiba with wide, hopeful eyes.

Twas the Night Before Christmas
And all through the house
one creature was stirring
Because he had a mouse . . .
Neither children were sound asleep in their beds
For Mokuba had eaten chocolate instead.

In the lab, the alarm gave such a clatter
So Kaiba shut down the house to see what was the matter.

Down the stairs the CEO ran
Only to see a fat man in a red suit
Alarmed as he.

Kaiba, with perfect aikido form,
Decked out the jolly old elf.

Down Santa fell, shaking like old Jell-O.

You knocked out Santa, Mokuba cried
As the younger Kaiba went to see, not wanting to hide.

Santa isnt real, the skeptic teen replied.
Mokuba proved him wrong, pouting, not to be denied.

So Kaiba took to the air,
The fierce dragons three his steeds,
Flying through the streets of Domino
Delivering goodies to all the girls and boys.

He threw the puppy presents,
Jounouchi thought it was a dream,
Kaiba secretly wished to make him scream.

Soon the favor was done,
And the sled returned,
for Santa had other errands to run.

Santa took to the air,
Reminding Seto that he was a better person than he knew.

Then with good cheer,
Santa left the brothers Kaiba,
Hopefully pacifying some of Kaibas fear.

To that, dear readers,
We leave the Kaiba Brothers!

Good Night!