Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Words ❯ Enough Is Enough ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~We twist and turn and we avoid

all hope of salvage now devoid

I see the truth inside your eyes~

A pale-looking boy with snow-white hair let out a soft, sad sigh as he stared at the cocoa-filled mug in his hands. His small hands shook as memories of what happened last night came back to him. A shudder of fear, pain, and betrayal overcame him when his thoughts took him to one certain memory of last night. It was probably the worst one that had happened to him by his yami.

*Flashback*

"Get up, weakling!" Bakura spat angrily at his hikari on the floor. "I said to get up!"

Another kick landed on the already bruised body. Ryou gave out a small groan of pain as he called on his remaining strength to stand on his own two feet. But as he got to his hands and knees, he felt his yami grab the back of his collar and pull him up. As he was straightened, the hand on his shirt moved into his soft hair. A small, hoarse shriek was heard from Ryou as he felt his hair pulled at again… hard.

"Look at me!" Bakura waited until his hikari's eyes locked with his. "I swear to Ra that you are the weakest hikari a yami could ever have. Even that Pharaoh's brat is stronger than you. You were only good for one thing back then. I had to keep you alive because I needed your body. But now that I have my own, I don't really need you anymore. I only keep you around cause it entertains me to see you bleed." Bakura let out a laugh as he paused to watch the tears gather in Ryou's eyes and smirked. He let Ryou go and watched his hikari fall to his knees. "You really are weak." was the last thing spoken as the dark walked away.

Had Ryou lifted his head to look at his yami just once, he would have seen an action that might have made a different, not only in his choice, but in his life as well. But as fate had it, he was never meant to witness the act. Not yet.

*End of Flashback*

Tears that he had no control over started to fall freely down his smooth cheeks. He made absolutely no movement to stop them nor did he try to will the away. It had always been like this ever since he had the Millennium Ring. But it had seemed to get worse after he got his own body. At least before, when Bakura was still a spirit, he couldn't harm him physically, just mentally. Now, he seemed to be hurt in three ways, if not more: physically, mentally, and emotionally. And it hurts more than anything to be abused that way.

Ryou knew that he was weak physically, but that was because he had never gotten the proper training to make him strong. He was weak mentally and emotionally because of… well, because of Bakura. Ryou never stood up or said anything to his yami because he figured that if beating him made Bakura felt better, then he would endure the sufferings silently. He loved his yami enough to do that. Now only if his yami cared for him enough to notice what he was doing to him.

"But the only difference between me then and now is that I've had enough." Ryou whispered softly into the cup. I may love you, Bakura, but even love, itself, has a limit. And you've apparently reached yours."

Putting the cup gently down on the table, he headed upstairs. As he walked the distance to his room, he thought of the reasons why he should and shouldn't. His choice of option was easy, for the bad covered up almost what little good there was in the time he's known Bakura.

Shoving everything into his bags after cleaning out his closets, he wrote a short note. Removing his Ring from his neck, he carefully placed his letter under it on the bed, making sure it stayed secured. Letting out a heavy sigh and taking a long look around the room, he walked out of his old life and into his new one. The only thing that lingered in the room was his sweet scent and a heart-wrenching goodbye.