Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Words ❯ Prequel to the sequel... ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

AN: Hi guys! I know... I know... I said that the story was done... but I figured I'd let you all get a preview of the "sequel". This part of the sequel mainly focuses on Ryou, Bakura, and Seto… it has a lil of the other, but not a lot… The other pairings will be focused on in part three… thanx

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Let me get a pancake breakfast combo with coffee, please." A customer ordered.

"Yes sir. Anything else for you today?" a soft voice questioned.

"No. That'll be all. Thank you."

"Okay. It'll be here in five minutes," was the reply before the person walked away. Walking to the window that connected the kitchen and restaurant together, he placed the order form on the counter.

Hearing the door jungle open, he turned to greet the new customer. Wide eyes stared into shock-filled blue eyes. The paper pad and pen within his grasp fell silently onto the floor unnoticed as the two eyes took in the other person in amazement.

"Ryou?" and with that, the past finally caught up with them.

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~** ~**~**~

"Ryou?" a voice questioned in surprise. Ryou swallowed loudly as he looked into the other figure's startling blue eyes.

"Seto…"

"Ryou, what on earth are you doing here? We've been worried sick about you for the past five years. Do you know where Yugi and Malik are?"

Ryou couldn't speak at all. He turned around to face the kitchen again. Pressing his hand over the little bell, a `ding' was heard. Almost immediately, a young teen with unusual tri-colored hair was seen.

"Hey, Ryou. What's up? The pancakes are being made. Give me a couple more minu…." Yugi's voice trailed off as he caught sight of Seto Kaiba standing in the middle of the room. "Malik! Get over here! Now!" he screamed into the kitchen.

"What? I'm making breakfast here." Seeing his friends staring at something, he turned to look at what caught their attention. When Malik saw exactly what the commotion was about, all that came out was a soft "oh…" that sounded close to a sigh of defeat.

"Well, I guess we couldn't hide from the past forever…" Ryou commented.

Seto Kaiba, on the other hand, couldn't believe his eyes. After five years of searching and coming up with nothing, he finally finds them. At a restaurant nonetheless! He never intended to meet them here; all he wanted was breakfast. He didn't know that breakfast would bring him what they have been trying to find for so long.

Seto stared softly into Ryou's brown eyes. He felt the shock in him as if it were his own. It had been too long of a time since he had last seen Ryou, and Seto took in the sight of him like a starving man devouring food. One thing that peeked his curiosity on what happened was the fact that Ryou's eyes seemed to have lost the original youth in them and had taken on a more mature aura. `What happened?'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: Well? How was it?