Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ An Epiphany of Epic Proportions ❯ A Hot Day in Domino ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Not quite sure where this came from. But Hayashiba-chan gives credit to her `tousan for thinking up the title. *^^* ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU, OTOUSAMA! Wee. Okay, down to business.

WARNINGS: AU, folks! *^^* Don't we just LOVE AUs? Alternate Universe, bay-bee! And also, OOC. Can't help it, everybody's just totally OOC, yea? EVERYBODY loves OOC Malik-sama, though! *^^* shounen-ai, of course. EVERYBODY… well, no, not everybody. Never mind. Told in third person POV! YAY! EVERYBODY loves third person POV! Has random insanity! WAI! EVERYBODY LOVES RANDOM INSANITY! COME ON, FOLKS! LET'S ALL GO BE RANDOMLY INSANE TOGETHER!

Okay, back to the warnings. Lastly, Malik and Katsuya and Mariku sort-of and Bakura sort-of are the stars (Ryou, Seto, Yami, and Yuugi being the co-stars) and, well, Katsuya and Malik and Mariku are blond… and when Hayashiba-chan sees a chance to write a ficcy concerning accomplices that are BLOND, well… sorry… couldn't help herself… Leave, if that offends you. Okay, couple more, and then all the warnings will be done. (@_@ Holy Peaches! Who'd've thought a G-rated story could have so many warnings?!) and that's that the AU part needs to be emphasized.

There's Mrs. Mutou bashing in here. It's not that Hayashiba-chan doesn't like Yuugi's mother- it's more like, Hayashiba-chan needed to do something with the plot, and fast, and there was Mrs. Mutou. Sorry, guys. Flames will be accepted tearfully.

DISCLAIMER: Hayashiba-chan does not own YGO, will NEVER own YGO, and never DID own YGO. Yeah, depressing, isn't it? now let's all get high off sharpies and drown our misery in diet coke because Hayashiba-chan doesn't own YGO…

Summery: Malik and Katsuya have an epiphany of epic proportions! (a.k.a., a really good idea.) And that just happens to be, `well, gee, I think I'll go lump off somebody else's love life!' And just WHO do they choose? Yuugi, of course!

At the same time, Malik's older brother, Mariku, and his boyfriend ((O_O)) Bakura ALSO have an epiphany of epic proportions!

And, of course, Ryou and Seto have to get dragged in… Anzu, Mai, Shizuka, Ryuuji, etc., etc., all of them went on vacation, and thus won't have any major roles in this story (though a few are mentioned…)

MR SJ YY and B/YM…

Dedicated to all of Hayashiba-chan's readers ever, because… well… time is money, and they/you all're going broke by sitting there in front of Hayashiba-chan's story…no offense, right, advertising is advertising.

~*~

"An Epiphany Of Epic Proportions"

01/10 ((Nota: the 10 is just an estimation. Hayashiba-chan bets ALL of you a… a, um… a YY humor ficcy rated pg13 that she either goes under 10 chapters or over 10 chapters! *nudge nudge wink wink* of course, if you aren't interested in taking up the challenge… it's JUST a bet, after all… ~_^))

~*~

It was a hot June day, and school had just been released for the summer.

Malik was miserably hot. So was Katsuya, who was next to him. They were at the park, laying on their backs in the grass in full blast of the sun, squinting at the painfully blue sky.

"Hey, Jounouchi?"

"What."

"I'm bored."

"Hi, Bored. I'm Jounouchi, nice to meet you."

"…"

There was a string of silence between the two blond teens.

"Hey, Jounouchi?"

"What."

"Are you bored?"

"No, I'm Jounouchi."

"…"

More silence. And then…

"Hey, Jounouchi?"

"What."

"Isn't it boring?"

"Whatever."

"…"

Silent again.

… you kind of get the feeling that they've been doing this for some while…

"Hey, Jounouchi?"

"What."

"…" Malik frowned at the sky, then turned his head and watched the heat waves swimming thickly above the empty street. "…I'm hot."

"So am I."

"…" They went back to squinting at the sky.

…Until, sure enough…

"Hey, Jounouchi?"

"Yo." Katsuya said, for variety.

"Want to do something that's not boring?"

Ooh! Something different for once! "I'm open for suggestions."

"Want to find Seto and Ryou and rent a room?" innuendo, folks!

"That's a good idea, Malik, but it's also too hot for that."

"…" Again with the silence. There weren't even any birds or bugs out it was so hot.

And, here we go again!

"Hey, Jounouchi?"

Grunt. Katsuya lacked the energy to open his mouth and make any sort of noise.

Malik took the sound as a `yo' or `what' and continued, "Does Yuugi have a girlfriend?"

"… no." but Katsuya's interest had been perked. "Why?"

"Why doesn't he have a girlfriend? He's short and cute and easily taken advantage of. Girls like those qualities, right? Right. Why doesn't he have a girlfriend?"

Katsuya actually wasted the energy it took to turn his head and look at Malik (who was still squinting at the sky). "He's had proposals of love, if that's what you mean. But he always turns them down. It makes him sad when they run away crying." Then he added, again, "Why?"

Malik considered taking the time and energy it took to turn his head, but eventually decided he was too lazy for that, so he continued to squint at the sky. "Why does he turn them down?"

"… because he's… shy, I guess…"

"If you're shy, then you don't turn multiple proposals of love down." Malik pointed out.

"Then…" Katsuya paused, thinking about this. Eventually, he decided on, "Yuugi isn't really that much of a people person. Plus he wasn't interested in any of them. Simple as that."

"…Why wasn't he interested in any of them?" Malik asked.

"How can you expect me to-" Katsuya, quite abruptly, caught the innuendo in Malik's voice. More silence. Then, "I don't think he's interested in anybody…"

"Well, I do." Malik actually sat up; this large show of energy made Katsuya start. "And I'm bored. Let's go see who Yuugi likes, ne, Jounouchi?"

Now Katsuya sat up. Gah, not enough energy… too hot… too friggin HOT… he flopped back down again.

"I think, Malik, that if Yuugi hasn't already told me, then he wants to keep it private. And if there's something Yuugi wants to keep private, it STAYS private. He wouldn't tell us anything." Katsuya said pointedly.

Malik cocked his head. "Well… does he keep a diary?"