Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening Emotions ❯ Why me? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Why me?

Kat sat silently watching everyone, 'Why me? I like Kaiba and yet I treat him as if I hate him' she wondered to her self in silence. Cori and Dawn knew all to well deep down Kat had feelings for the elder Kaiba brother and yet claimed she hated his guts both girls were going to make Kat admit to her self that she indeed did have feelings for Seto Kaiba and yet they didn't know how to go about doing just that. Then again it was kinda hard for Kat to admit that she had feelings for the young CEO plus she already had a boyfriend, Duke Devlin to be exact.

"So what are we going to do its noon?" Kat said as she watched everyone.

"We could go get some lunch? Cori said think that would be the best thing.

"Lunch sounds good do you guys want to join us?" Dawn said looking at Joey, Tristan, Yugi, Tea, Kaiba and Mokuba.

"Really you want us to come to?" Asked Joey.

"Of course we're all friends kinda." Kat said with a smile.

Kaiba knew that Kat wasn't to enthused about him and Mokuba coming along well at least himself since she seemed to get along with his brother better than him.

"Seto, please can we join them also, please?" Mokuba pleaded to his big brother.

"I don't think Kat would be to thrilled to have me there." Said Kaiba knowing full well he was right.

"Kat is it ok if Seto comes to I know you and him don't exactly like each other." Said Mokuba.

"Yes Mokuba Se… Kaiba can come to its fine with me." Said Kat hoping no one caught her miss up.

"So you two promise to be nice?" Said Yugi a little surprise Kat even agreed.

"We haven't even fought since he walked up." Said Kat honestly.

"For once I agree with Kat." Said a very calm Kaiba.

"Amazing Kaiba and Kat are getting along…" Said a very amused Cori.

"Miracles do happen." Dawn said sarcastically.

"Bite me!!" Kat said, as she turned red.

With that said everyone around the table started laughing at Kat who was a slight shade of red and trying to hide it but not succeeding. Kaiba was also laughing at Kat who glared at him plus turned even redder,'She is truly beautiful' Kaiba though to himself with a smile and quit a few suppressed chuckles.

"OK can we go now?!" Kat said getting alittle annoyed.

"Sure whatever you say Kat." Cori said smiling.

"Yeah whatever you say Kat." Dawn said smiling.

"Ok you two spill it I know your hiding something." Said Kat.

"Kinda but if we say it out loud there would be two embarrassed people." Dawn said giggling.

"Who?" Asked Joey.

"Kat and an other person that will stay anonymous." Cori said as she started to giggle too.

"Ok who is this other person?" Asked Kaiba wanting to know.

"No one no one at all isn't that right Cori and Dawn." Kat said glaring at her two best friends.

"Yeah we were just kidding there is no else." Said Cori and Dawn.

Kaiba didn't believe them for a second and was bound and determined to find out what Kat's secret was even if he had to ask Kat herself to get the answers he wanted needed to know. Cori and Dawn were relived when Kat stood up and pushed her chair in and started to live the mall.

"Hey wait up where are we going to lunch?" Said Cori and Dawn.

"I don't know lets find out." Said Kat as she stopped.

"Hey guys where do we all want to eat?" Asked Kat.

"May I make a subjection?" Said Kaiba with a smile.

"Of course Kaiba." Said Cori.

"How about Los Loca I know they have good food." Said Kaiba smirking.

"Yeah you should know you are always there when I'm working." Kat blurted out.

"You work at the new restaurant?" Asked Dawn.

"Yeah I've been workin' there since the beginning of the summer." Said Kat.

"What times do you go in?" Asked Cori.

"From 12pm to about 10pm, but today is my day off." Kat said happily.

"And Kaiba don't you own Los Loca?" Asked Dawn.

"Yes I own Los Loca, so?" Kaiba said in an annoyed voice.

"So you were in charge of hiring." Cori said with a smile.

"Nope, I had nothing to do with the hiring I just pay the employees." Kaiba said honestly.

"Have you gotten a check yet Kat?" Asked Dawn.

"Nope but I'll pick it up when we get there." Kat said with a smile.

"Isn't Los Loca like really expensive?" Asked a very unsure Joey.

"Not really it just depends on what you order." Kat told all of them truthfully.

"Don't worry about it I'm paying for lunch." Said a very determined Kaiba.

"What?!" Asked a very surprised Kat.

"Why are you going to do that Seto?" Asked Mokuba unsure what his brother was planning.

"Just because I feel like being nice to everyone for once." Stated Kaiba as he walked out the front doors with Mokuba close behind.

The subject was dropped and everyone pilled into there cars and drove to Los Loca for lunch. Kat drove to Los Loca not saying a word to her two best friends who wanted answers.

*At Los Loca

Kaiba and Mokuba were the first ones to arrive at the restaurant then Kat, Cori and Dawn and finally Yugi and his friends arrived. Everyone was taken to a big booth that could seat at least twenty people and Kat figured that Kaiba had asked for that booth and what Kaiba wants Kaiba gets, usually. Everyone slides into the booth one at a time -from left to right sat Joey, Dawn, Tristan, Cori, Yugi, Tea, Mokuba, Kat and Kaiba - Kat wasn't at all to happy sitting next to Kaiba she really wanted to change places with someone but everyone including Mokuba shook there heads no way to Kat's pleading eyes 'I'm so screwed!' Kat thought to her self.

"Order whatever you want." Said Kaiba as he himself looked over the menu.

"Really Kaiba?" Asked Joey.

"Yes I have the money why not spend it on my friends and family." Kaiba inquired.

"So you consider Kat a friend, after all?" Asked Dawn.

"Yes even thou her and I fight I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her." Said Kaiba a slit tint of red.

"Thanks Kaiba, I think." Said Kat smiling warmly.

"Not a problem Kat." Said Kaiba turning to face Kat, this time.

"Yeah Kat Seto isn't all that heartless like people say." Said a very happy Mokuba.

"True, Kaiba has changed since the end of Duelist Kingdom." Said Yugi.

"About Duelist Kingdom thank you again Yugi for helping Mokuba and I." Said Kaiba.

"I'm glade all of you got out of Duelist Kingdom alive." Said Kat.

"Do you know what happen at Duelist Kingdom, Kat?" Asked Mokuba.

"Yes I was there just not as a duelist but as a guest." Said Kat with a smile.

"I never say you there." Said Kaiba surprised to find out this information.

"Nor did I. How about you Yugi?" Asked Joey taking a sip of his coke.

"Yes I saw her she was talking to Pegasus the night before our duel." Yugi said honestly.

"So Kat is telling the truth." Asked Tristan really confused.

"Maximillian Pegasus is my step-father." Said Kat looking down at her hands.

"Your related to that sleaze ball?" Asked Kaiba a little shocked to hear that Kat was related to Pegasus.

"Not by choice I'm not." Said Kat a little angry that she was related to Pegasus.

"Then you're his step-daughter?" Said Joey.

"Yes, my mother married into the Crawford family just before Duelist Kingdom." Said Kat.

"Then why were you at Duelist Kingdom during the tournament?" Asked Kaiba.

"My mother insisted that I visit him I was against it but my father said it would be good from me to get away so I left for Duelist Kingdom Island." Said Kat.

"So why were you talking to Pegasus just before he dueled Yugi?" Asked a concerned Tea.

"I told him that I knew about the Kaiba brothers and that he better not harm either of them or Yugi." Kat said honestly.

"You stood up to him for us?" Asked a very intrigued Kaiba.

"Well back then I didn't know who you or Mokuba were so I treated you with respect." Said Kat.

"I remember you now!" Mokuba said happily.

"You do Mokuba?" Asked Kat surprised that he remember her.

"Yeah you helped me escape from Pegasus the first time." Said Mokuba.

"And I'm sorry it didn't work out the first time." Kat said bowing her head.

"Sure it did I was able to find Yugi and he in return saved my brother and I." Said Mokuba.

"I know but still my step-father took your souls away." Kat said bowing her head.

"Don't feel responsible for what happened at Duelist Kingdom, Kat." Kaiba said in a sincere voice.

"It's kinda hard not to take the blame for what my step-father did." Kat told him honestly.

"Kat you had no control over your step-father as most of us do." Joey said trying to make Kat feel better.

"I know Joey I really do but still he shouldn't have." Kat said trying to hind her anger.

"Why don't we order something to eat?" Kaiba said changing the subject.

"Yeah sounds good." Yugi said happily.

Kat shock her head in agency to what Kaiba had suggested. Everyone ordered what he or she wanted and like Kaiba had promised he paid for everything. Kat was surprised that Kaiba and herself didn't fight the whole time they were together and it not only surprised both of them but everyone that was present.

End chapter 2