Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Baby of Mine ❯ The Sweetest Nectar of All ( Chapter 47 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

*reader responses tomorrow*

The Sweetest of Nectars

Bakura raised the blade over Yugi's head.

"Accept my sacrifice of innocent blood!"

Tears rolled down Yugi's cheeks as he closed them waiting for Bakura's strike. The screech of wheels sounded outside the Game Shop. Bakura growled low in his throat as he sneered, "Pharaoh."

Bakura watched as Yugi suddenly went limp in his arms. "You will not get out of this that easily, Yugi!" Bakura raised the blade as Yami and broke the lock on the door. Bakura turned around as Yami and Seto burst in. Both of them growled as Bakura held the Rod to Yugi's heart.

"One move, step-brother, and your hikari will die!"

"Step-brother? Anubis! What have you done to Bakura?"

Bakura chuckled. "Bakura? Bakura is no longer here, Yami."

Ryou ran into the shop standing beside Seto. "Bakura? Akutenshi? What are you doing to Yugi?"

"I am sacrificing him to Ra! Say goodbye to your hikari, Yami!"

Bakura raised the dagger and Yami and Seto charged at him. Seto grabbed the unconscious duelist. Bakura and Yami wrestled with the blade bringing it down barely missing Yugi, but cutting Seto's hand as he tried to rip Yugi away. Ryou ran to Seto and bandaged his hand with his overcoat. The CEO and Ryou took Yugi outside as the commotion sounded within.

"How is he, Seto?"

"He should be fine."

Ryou heard Bakura growling and snarling inside like a rabid beast. Ryou wanted to help Yugi, but he couldn't abandon the one he loved. "Bakura….I have to go back inside!"

"Ryou, are you crazy? Bakura and Yami are fighting badly in there. You could get hurt."

Ryou looked down at Seto. "My place is by my husband's side. I have to help him," Ryou said a tear running down his cheek.

Ryou ran in as Yami pinned Bakura on the glass counter, both of them still fighting over the blade of the Millenium Rod. "Bakura! Stop!" Ryou grabbed Bakura's hand holding the Millenium Rod.

"Let go of me, you simpleton!" Bakura kicked Yami off and Ryou tackled Bakura making him fall off of the counter. "Get away from me, you little bastard!" Bakura kicked and punched Ryou over the counter. Ryou groaned as he felt a familiar pain in his side. 'I hope Bakura didn't break that rib again,' he thought.

Yami ran behind the counter pinning Bakura to the floor. Ryou heard Yami and Bakura panting.

"Yami….use the Rod…on me," Bakura said pain etched clearly on his face.

"What?"

Bakura put the Rod in Yami's hand. "Use the Rod on me….Anubis wants….me to kill Yugi…Don't want to…I don't want to hurt him….or you." Yami took the Millenium Rod. "Cause me pain…and Anubis….will leave…me.."

Ryou lifted his head and saw Yami raising the dagger above his head and drive it down quickly. Ryou's heart skipped a beat as he heard the sound of the Rod tearing through flesh.

"BAKURA! Bakura…" Ryou staggered to his feet as he saw Yami back away slowly from the glass case. The panting behind the counter stopped. Ryou ran to Bakura unconscious behind the counter, the Millenium Rod's dagger in his shoulder. Ryou ran to his yami cradling him in his arms. "Bakura….Bakura…." Ryou's voice became high pitched as he cried for his fallen yami. "Bakura….It's ok, Bakura.. I'll get you home. Take care of you….You'll go home to your daughter….play with her. You'll be ok. You'll see her grow up and….Baaaaaaaakuuuuuraaaaa!!" Ryou's tears fell on Bakura's face as he wept.

"Why did you do it, Yami? WHY?"

Yami turned away. "I did it to eliminate Anubis' control over him."

Ryou bent over kissing Bakura's forehead. "Baby, please. Wake up."

Seto carried Yugi into the shop. Seto put Yugi into Yami's arms. "Where's Bakura?" Seto heard a whimper behind the glass counter. Seto walked around to the other side of the case and saw Ryou cradling his yami. He kneeled before the white-haired boys.

"I tried, Seto. I tried to help Bakura."

Seto looked at Ryou's wrists. "What happened there?"

Ryou looked at his wrists. "Bakura and I were…making love last night. He pinned me down and he bit me. I've never seen him so violent with me since he changed. He hurt me so much I could hardly move this morning. That could not have been my yami last night."

Seto looked concerned up to Yami. "What happened here?"

"Anubis can only control someone in a conscious state. Rendering someone unconscious…"

"But did you have to STAB him?"

"Physical pain would drive Anubis out. If Anubis took over Bakura's body, then hurting Bakura would cause Anubis to leave. I did what I had to do, Ryou."

Bakura slowly opened his eyes. Ryou and Bakura's eyes met.

"Ryou? Ryou, did I hurt you again?" Bakura raised his hand stroking Ryou's cheek.

"No, yami. You didn't hurt me."

Yami looked down at Yugi. He looked beaten and Yami was even more afraid having lost the mindlink with his aibou. "Yugi? Yugi? We have to get him to a hospital."

Seto pulled out his cell phone. "Kaiba here…Look, Yami and I can't make it…Emergency. We can reschedule…I have to go. Don't interrupt me while I'm talking! I have to go to the hosptial. That is my final word on the matter." Seto hung up.

"Bakura needs a doctor, too, Yami," Ryou said.

Yami scooped Yugi's limp body in his arms and carried him to Seto's car. Seto helped Ryou pick up Bakura. Bakura winced as he walked. "I tried to fight, Ryou."

"I know you did, baby. I know."

They drove to the hospital, Yami holding his aibou close. Ryou caressed Bakura's cheek kissing his yami's temple.

"You better pray to Ra that Yugi isn't hurt much, tomb robber."

"Yami, he couldn't help it. Anubis is difficult to fight."

"You are being unfair, Yami," Seto said shaking his head.

"No one attacks Yugi. Nobody attacks my light!"

"But Bakura didn't hurt him! Anubis did!"

Yami snarled. "Then why didn't Bakura try to fight it when he was holding Yugi? Bakura only began to fight when Ryou came in."

Bakura rested his head on his lover's chest.

Ryou cuddled Bakura closer. "Yami, that is enough."

"Ryou, you are not the only one in danger. You have two babies at home. Don't you think that Bakura poses a threat to them if he gets possessed by Anubis again?"

Ryou sat quietly kissing his lover's hair.

"If Bakura abuses Aten like Yugi, do you think he will survive? What about his own daughter? Aten is already weak as it is."

"I know, but he is alive and walking. He's talking and he's walking! That is more than the doctors thought he would ever do."

Bakura sat quietly as they pulled into the parking lot. Yami ran Yugi inside leaving Seto and Ryou to carrying the other yami.

They walked in and the doctors took Yugi right to an examination room. The doctors took Bakura into another exam room. Ryou refused to leave Bakura as the doctors bandaged and stitched the wound. Ryou looked up at Seto leaning against the wall in a cool, collected manner.

"Thank you, Seto."

"Don't mention it. Yami and I can hit that meeting tomorrow. They'll live with it."

They sedated Bakura just enough to stitch him up. Yami came in and said they had to keep Yugi overnight. Bakura had damaged Yugi's back and his head was bruised. Yami decided to stay at the hospital. Bakura stood up to walk out, but Yami grabbed his arm.

"Tomb Robber, the finger that touches Yugi again, I will cut off myself."

Bakura snarled at Yami. "It wasn't me, Yami. If you can't believe me, that is your fault."

Bakura walked out holding Ryou's hand.

******************In the Shadow Realm*****************

Anubis pushed all of his books to the ground and they fell to the ground in a thunderous crash. He snarled and growled as he held onto the glass orb.

"Yami….will pay for that! Who would have thought that Yami would have helped Bakura??? I thought he hated him! Yami will pay."

Anubis watched Ryou hold onto Bakura brushing his hair back.

"Who would have thought that they would look after each other! I thought that Ryou would have been afraid from the night before! But, Bakura was right….Ryou's blood was sweet. It tasted so good last night. I want more. I need more. I crave more. The blood of the innocent…..the sweetest of all the nectars."

Anubis grabbed the edge of his desk. "Maybe taking over an immortal was a mistake. I must take over the hikaris. The yamis will be forced to hurt the ones they love. Hmm…which one should I take over? Yugi is already hurt. Ryou is with Bakura. Hmm…Malik Ishtar is with my army. Only his yami is with him. I can eliminate the babies and no one would notice. Malik Ishtar, you are my next victim."