Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond Reason ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: this is kind of confusing. So, to clear things up a bit - the character narrating this is speaking to a psychologist. The psychologist's dialogue isn't there, just our character's answers and thoughts. They kind of mix in together, the answers and thoughts…yes, that part IS meant to be confusing. But, you'll live. Dunno if Hayashiba-chan should continue this… should she?

…can you guess who the narrating character is? ~_^

Disclaimer: I don't own YGO, and no profit is being made from this. By reading this, you are hereby agreeing NOT to sue me or press charges of any sort.

Summary: Somebody's been spending a BIT too much time with Bakura… there's implied slash, but that's only for the shounen-ai/yaoi fans. Only Hayashiba-chan knows who the actual character for this is ((you wouldn't guess in a million years)) so you go ahead and choose your favorite coupling with Bakura, and that's that…

THEN AGAIN, if you guess the character's name correctly and have a request, Hayashiba-chan will grant that request. *rolls eyes* okay, we're getting off topic.

~*~

"Beyond Reason"

01/01

~*~

I hate it.

What? Oh, Everything. I hate everything.

I believe that `why' is none of your concern.

Dumbass.

No, I think I'll not watch my mouth, thanks. Didn't they hire you to ask me a bunch of psychological questions? Then get to asking. I have a date with Bakura in 20 minutes, so hurry the hell up.

Huh? Oh. Bakura is my boyfriend.

…Yeah, it is interesting, isn't it? How his first name is the same as my last name…

Why would you want to know…? Where he lives isn't really… why do you care about my boyfriend, anyway? start asking me stupid things like `why are you unhappy' and shit like that. As I said before, I don't want to be late for Bakura. He wouldn't like that… you wouldn't survive. He'd be very, very mad at you.

Heh. That was a stupid question. He'd kill you, of course. And then he'd steal your souls, banish them to the Shadow Realm, where you would be conscious of nothing but your pain and aloneness… you would suffer. Bakura can do that.

Bakura's really very good at that. Making people suffer, I mean. Hah! Actually, he makes inanimate objects suffer, too! It's quite funny - like once this tree he gave self-awareness and the ability to speak, only to kill it, slowly, and you know? It's still dying out there! On the edge of town, hah hah, and only I can hear it scream! Bakura and me. that's where we were going to go later today, actually, to make the thing shut the hell up… take away it's voice. Then it can scream all it wants, and nobody will hear it.

Of course I sound satisfied! I am!

YES! Bakura is a VERY satisfactory boyfriend, he doesn't do unsatisfactory things to me unless I'm bad. But I'm good, all the time, I'm a very good lover for him, and he rewards me! He loves me! Pathetic, all of you… I can see it in your eyes, you think I'm crazy… they all do! That's why I'm here, in the first place! talking to a stupid psychologist… okay fucker, hurry up.

…no. you cannot meet Bakura. He would kill you.

Don't get me wrong, no! I care NOTHING for you and the others - just Bakura. MY Bakura. Only *I* can speak to him. Only *I* can touch him. Only *I* can see him. It's my special, special privilege that he grants me, me being able to see him. And he would kill you on the spot, I'm sure of it. to do that, he'd let you see him, too. Only *I* CAN SEE HIM! HE IS MINE!

MINE!

Yes, I am possessive! But can you blame me? He is beautiful! He is my life and death, my heart and soul, my light and darkness... heh. My yin and yang, so to speak. I am nothing. I once, I think… once I was a person. But since I have had Bakura, I am his house… I protect him, see, and he protects me. See? No, you don't see. Nobody ever will see, because that is my place only, mine.

A… a bad influence? Maybe, perhaps, at first. But he isn't any more. Sometimes, you know… sometimes he asks me things. I mean, like what *I* want to do will matter in the end. This is usually only in bed, and far and in-between, but still. Surprises let me know he cares… if caring is an emotion he can produce. I doubt that.

Oh, yes. I love him. You think I should be ashamed of our little nighttime adventures? That I have a *boyfriend*? HAH! You don't know the half of it.

Don't call me `sweetie' like I'm your grandchild or something. And no, I don't do things like that. Occasionally Bakura does, and if he tells me to, I'll do it too.

Ah! Clever psychologist! Yes, it HAS been Bakura-sama who's been murdering all these people as of late. But that's okay. He gets satisfaction from it, I know, and whatever satisfies Bakura, satisfies me.

Ten minutes left, *sweetie*.

Yes, Bakura is a physical person! What, did you think I was imagining him or something?! Well… I guess, sometimes… no, that's too complicated… no. Nevermind.

…Persistent aren't you? Whatever. If you really want to know… Bakura was actually a tomb robber, from Ancient Egypt. I don't know how, but somehow he was sealed away in Sennen Ringu, one of the seven Sennen Items, and for over 3000 years he sat in there as a spirit… drove him quite insane, I assure you. And then, a while back, he was released. It took him a long while to notice me, and at first I was scared of him, a little… but now we're together, and that's all that matters.

I sound like a silly romantic, don't I? Oh, there's nothing romantic about our relationship. I just like pretending there is.

…Wha…? No. I really don't CARE what *you* think is in my best interests! Even if it was coming from someone that mattered, I wouldn't leave Bakura. I COULDN'T you see. he wouldn't like that. At first, when I was still scared of him, I tried leaving, but he punished me, and told me that I loved him, and I do. I won't get punished this way.

Five minutes. Yes, I AM good at keeping track of time, aren't I? No, sorry. If I have to jump out the window to get there on time, I'll do it.

Yeah, I know it's a 40 foot drop. That's why you're going to let me out the door.

I'm not suicidal, no.

Are you always this fucking stupid, or is this SPECIAL behavior just for Me?

I don't care if you tell my parents about Bakura. I really don't have any. No family. Just Bakura.

Okay. Well, time to go! I don't want to be late, now, do I?

….what are you doing…? No… no! NO! let me out! I have to see Bakura! Let me out!

NO!

I'll jump out the window if I have to---now let me out of here! NOW, DAMMIT!

Dammit…dammit…dammit…

My love for Bakura makes me immortal! I can't die! Nothing you can do will make me stop loving him or being the way I am!

Let me out!

LET ME OUT!

…Oh, Bakura…