Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Dream of Me? ❯ Chapter 43

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-gi-oh.
 
A/N: You might notice this is a departure from the usual chapters. That is because this is a gift-chapter. There's a thing on fanart sites called kiriban where whenever some landmark number of hits occurs the artist does a special picture in thanks, sometimes a request from that person. I thought this was a good idea, so I do it for reviewers. The 2000 review total kiriban should be awarded to a reviewer this weekend, and the 1000th DYDOM review kiriban is coming up! (I like writing gift fics)
 
However, I also decided to do it for the 150th person to favorite me, since I didn't notice the 100th was coming up a while ago in time to find out who it was. The lucky person is Red Dragon of Egypt who, when I contacted her, was very specific about what sort of fic she wanted.
 
Unfortunately, I'm not doing lemons anymore (because I suck at them), but I'm sticking close to the other details to make up for it, as close as I can without making it AU of the fic. I hope all of you enjoy it!
 
Also, a few people have recently commented about chapters being shorter - all my chapters are a minimum of two thousand words and I've actually been going above that amount more often recently.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Yugi stroked Yami's back as they lay together in the bed in his soul room, Yami lying on top of him to protect him as always. A lot has happened recently. My mind is racing so fast it's going to be hard to get to sleep.
 
Yami nuzzled him. Do you wish me to use a spell?
 
Yes please. He had school tomorrow.
 
As you wish. A kiss.
 
He kissed Yami back before everything went muzzy.
 
“Hello!”
 
Yugi looked around him. He was in a huge chamber that looked like the entryway of a palace and there was a person with wings floating in front of him. “Oh, this is a dream.” Yami?
 
Yami appeared beside him. I am glad when you dream so well that I can join you.
 
Yugi nodded. Yes. I'm getting better at it. Soon you'll be in all my dreams instead of just most of them.
 
You always have interesting dreams. It is a sign of a bright mind.
 
You always flatter me with truth. Yugi kissed Yami. Let's see what this dream is about.
 
“Yes?” he said to the winged person. She had six wings, half black and half white. Maybe that's a reflection of us being one, darkness and light?
 
Dreams have meaning, but don't overanalyze them. They are fantasies, more valuable for what they say about your thoughts than the future.
 
“Welcome to the Palace of Wishes! Pharaohs, because of everything you have suffered you have been granted this place and the power of will. Want and you shall have.” She bowed, brown hair with golden and red streaks shading likewise colored eyes and armband glinting on her wrist.
 
“Thank you!” Yugi smiled at the figment. This sounds fun! Shaping my dreams… is this because I'm learning to do it?
 
Shall you try? Yami looked around. I like this place. It feels good to be here.
 
Do you think it reminds you of home? It did look Egyptian.
 
I do not know. Yami shrugged.
 
Yugi sighed. Try to think of… maybe a throne? See what you come up with?
 
Yami looked at the side of the room across from the entryway they stood in and a throne appeared.
 
You're very good at dream altering, Yugi smiled at him.
 
It feels right. Yami stepped up to the throne and touched it. Then there were suddenly two thrones. He sat on one and held out his hand to Yugi. Sit with me.
 
Yugi smiled and came over. The thrones became one wide one. That's better. You're the Pharaoh, not me though.
 
You say you are not my superior, but you certainly aren't less than me. So you are my equal, then, and if I am a god you are one. Yami bowed to Yugi.
 
I guess. Yugi blushed. Still seems… He looked around. “All of this is just too amazing, you know? Sometimes I feel like all of this, everything is a dream. You, Jou and Honda, everything is just too good to be true. I wonder if Seto will feel the same way?”
 
“I hope he and Seth are happy.” Yami smiled. “I am sure they will be. Seth is a valiant soul, and he will help Seto be the same.”
 
“That's good.” Yugi kissed Yami. “There's no way he can make Seto happier than I am, though. It's just not possible.”
 
“Not greater than, but equal to…” Yami mused.
 
Yugi thought about it for a second. “I hope you're right. I want everyone to be as happy as we are. People in love are supposed to be that way… I wish Anzu and everyone else had someone just like you. It'll be great to talk to Seto and have someone understand how great it is to have you.”
 
Yami smiled and kissed his shoulder. “You are too kind, oh radiant one.”
 
“You are too modest, oh dark one.” Yugi kissed him on the lips.
 
At first they just shifted their heads slightly, feeling the light pressure on their lips and the warmth of the other's breath, then Yugi's hands reached up to tangle in Yami's hair and pull his head closer. If you say you're mine to do with what I want, then kiss me for real.
 
Yami obeyed, of course. As you wish.
 
You wish too, right?
 
How could I not? Yami's lips opened as the kiss grew harder and his tongue sought entrance into Yugi's heavenly mouth.
 
Yugi let him in (he always welcomed Yami's presence) and Yugi's own tongue began to feel around in Yami's mouth.
 
Exploring your domain? A good king knows everything about their land and people, Yami teased.
 
Yugi giggled. You're teasing me! I thought you never would! You were always so serious, too serious! I'm so glad you're finally being friendly, loosening up!
 
If you want me this way, then I will be glad to tease you. Yami's arms brushed against Yugi's bare sides: in a flash, both their clothes had become thin linen.
 
Yugi giggled again. That tickles! Wait a minute, you can't feel things in dreams.
 
With our power, anything is possible. Except… but he would not think of the Items now. He would think of his beloved in his arms, a dream come true in a dream.
 
Their arms wrapped around each other, hands tugging the other close and reveling in the warmth of the other's body. They could feel the light and shadows of their souls, feel them curl against each other.
 
Not too much power, Yugi. Dreams are delicate.
 
I wouldn't want to break this one, Yugi agreed. This is a wonderful dream. Only it's not a dream. You'll still be here when I wake up.
 
I will still be here until… you will live forever if we wish it.
 
I'm not sure I want to think about leaving people behind.
 
We could keep your friends alive as well.
 
That's in the future, though. I want to think of this now.
 
You're right of course, Yugi.
 
I'm not always right. Yugi broke the kiss.
 
Yami looked worried. Had he done something? Was Master displeased?
 
Yugi smiled at him. “Let's explore! I should be able to do anything here, right? Like… talk to animals?” He touched the crown on his head. “It's a sun, I can feel the rays. You have stars on yours.”
 
“I thought it was appropriate.”
 
“Day and night?” Yugi hugged him and then pulled him up off the throne. “Let's see… you know, I'd like to talk to animals, but there aren't any here. Duel Monsters are cooler, anyway. Let's see.” In an instant they were in midair, in what looked like a huge greenhouse.
 
Very huge, it looked like it extended for miles. “I tried to make it look Egyptian. I've been studying about them.”
 
Yami nodded. “It is beautiful.” He held out an arm and reached into the shadows. “Come forth, Winged Guardian of the Fortress!”
 
A blue dragon flew out of a swirl of shadows.
 
“Hello!” Yugi smiled and waved.
 
The dragon bowed. “My kings and my weilders. Why have I been honored thus?” Its lips did not move. It was all mental here. Minds and souls. Souls in harmony and friendship.
 
“Do you mind being summoned if I'd not a duel?”
 
“It is an honor to be summoned.”
 
“Then could you…” Yugi looked up. “I've always wanted to fly on a real dragon.”
 
“It would be an honor.”

“Thank you!” Saddles appeared, but no bit or reins. Yugi trusted his monster to obey him of his own will. They were friends, even if the monster called him King.
 
It was sort of like with Yami.
 
Well, that long ago there hadn't been democracy. Maybe they didn't get that everyone was equal.
 
Most people just used monsters instead of befriending them, too. Yugi wasn't like that. Yami… Yami commanded, but he was a good commander. He didn't make the monster do anything he wouldn't do. Yugi was sure Yami would fight to defend the monsters.
 
Maybe he had, long ago? Was that why they were so loyal after all this time?
 
Or it could just be that Yami was the sort of person that inspired that devotion.
 
Yami vaulted into the rear saddle and leaned down to offer Yugi a hand up. Yugi took it, laughing. “This is going to be so fun!”
 
When they were ready the dragon soared into the glass-tinted `sky.'
 
Yugi turned his face up to feel the wind rushing through his hair. Wow, he sent mentally so the roar of the wind didn't keep Yami from hearing him.
 
This is familiar. Yami smiled, and kept himself from wishing for reins. I think I liked to ride horseback.
 
Dragonback is cooler.
 
Yami leaned forward to touch Yugi on the shoulder. Yes.
 
The dragon began to fly more and more complex patterns, looping and twisting. This is like a roller coaster!
 
Yami laughed, the sound gone behind them. I have seen roller coasters in your memories. I would like to ride one. Also, I wonder if I will ever have the chance to play a car racing game?
 
Bumper cars? It's fun. Or do you mean real racing? I don't know how to drive, so you don't either. You could learn fast, though. You can drive me! My reflexes aren't as good as yours.
 
That is because you have not trained your reflexes, except for your gaming ones. I would train you in that as well, if you like.
 
Exercise? Woo-hoo! The dragon was so cool! This was great!
 
You should learn magic first, for your safety. Physical strength was nothing next to the strength of one's allies.
 
Magic is more fun. I've mastered all games but sports. I'm so small, people think I'm in elementary! Yugi pouted.
 
You are taller now. I healed that which kept you from growing, remember?
 
Hmm? I haven't measured myself yet. I should get out the tape measure and do that after school tomorrow.
 
I hope you will be happy, though it would not be healthy for you to grow too fast.
 
Even magic doesn't work like magic. I'm just glad I'm growing. Yugi smiled and shared his love with Yami through their touching souls.
 
Love and worship, gladness to be of service came back.
 
Yugi kept himself from frowning, although Yami was behind him and wouldn't see it. Worship. Still worship.
 
Well, he worshipped Yami. Yami was so wonderful… beyond his wildest dreams. He looked over the dragon's wing and created a tiny landscape beneath them. He needed to practice.
 
Keeping Yami might one day depend on him being powerful. He didn't want to fail Yami. He would do anything not to fail Yami.
 
Wasn't it just amazing he had someone who felt the same way about him?
 
He would do anything for his friends but Yami was more than a friend. Yami was Yami.
 
“Thank you dragon, you can go now!” The dragon vanished from beneath them and they stood in midair.
 
Yami blinked at him. Yugi held out his hand.
 
Their hands met and their eyes gazed into each other. I love you so much it hurts sometimes.
 
I never wanted to hurt you.
 
It's a wonderful hurt. Yugi smiled to reassure Yami. I know I'm alive. I wouldn't believe it if it didn't hurt: like a pinch telling you you're not dreaming.
 
Though in this dream he would feel a pinch. He smiled up at Yami and didn't think about it, just hugged him up here in the clouds.
 
I have had pain for the both of us. Yami squeezed him. This is real. Unbelievable, but real. All my memories but those of pain are lost… but it is all worth it, for you. Everything. All that time…
 
Don't think about it! Yugi squeezed him. Calm down. Just think about me and how beautiful everything is.
 
How beautiful you are. Yami kissed the top of his head. What do you want of me?
 
More than kisses. But he didn't want to press him.
 
Yami pressed against him and Yugi let his hands wander.
 
All his. All theirs. So in love it hurt and they rose above the pain like phoenixes.