Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dreamers Reality ❯ Truce ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 10

Truce

The bell finally rang signaling that the students could go to their next hour now. All the students filed out of Mrs. Katayanagi's third hour History class thankful that the class had finally end, which meant they were one class away from the weekend.

"Now I expect those reports two weeks from today!" Mrs. Katayanagi yelled to her retreating class.

The students heard her but didn't pay much attention as they head to there last hour classes. Kaiba left with out a word 'and here I was hoping for a nice conversation with sir grumpy, but guess I was wrong' I thought to myself slightly disappointed. As I was leaving the classroom heading toward my locker I spotted JM and Joey by my locker talking.

"Hey guys!" I said happily upon arriving at my locker.

"Hey there AJ." Joey said smiling.

"Hey AJ." JM said smiling as well.

"So how was History?" Joey asked knowing that I had to deal with Kaiba.

"Good, sept for the part where I got partnered up with Kaiba." I said grumpily.

"You what?" Joey asked not believing me.

"Yes Joey you heard right I got partnered up with Kaiba." I said getting my books for Science.

"I can't be that bad can I?" I heard from behind me.

As I turned around there was Kaiba only a couple of feet away from me. 'Why me?' I asked my self as I shook my head. Kaiba seemed to find this amusing since he actusually chuckled a little upon this action of mine. I looked up at Kaiba wishing and praying that he would just drop the subject all together, but I wasn't that lucky I swear the gods above were laughing at me right now.

"What do ya want Kaiba?" Joey snapped at him.

"To talk to my History partner why else?" Kaiba said being a jerk.

"Joey, I'll take care of this." I said glaring at Kaiba who merely smirked.

"You sure about this, AJ?" Joey asked concerned.

"Yeah, it's cool." I said with a reassuring smile.

"Alright, JM and I will meet ya in class." Joey said glaring at Kaiba and walking off with JM.

When JM and Joey were out of hearing range Kaiba turned back to me 'what does he want?' I asked my self shutting my locker door and turning around to face Kaiba who was now mere inches away from me with his hands on either side of me.

"What do you want Kaiba?" I asked him sternly.

"What class are you head to right now?" Kaiba asked inches away from my face.

"W… W… Why?" I asked stuttering my words.

Kaiba didn't answer, but only took my books from me and looked at them and then handed them back but not with out making sure I wouldn't forget about this little encounter of ours. Kaiba leaned in closer to me so that him and I were almost touching.

"If you need help in Science let me know, not the mutt." Kaiba said pulling away a little.

"Why do you care?" I snapped now that I could breath.

"Why don't we head to class, Akira." Kaiba asked taking my books once again.

"I…" But I didn't get a chance to finish what I was saying when Kaiba grabbed my hand and all but drug me to Science.

When we arrived outside the classroom door Kaiba let go of my hand and gave me back my books just before he and I entered the classroom. I took my seat next to JM who was talking to Joey about Duel Monsters and music.

"AJ, you alright?" Joey asked glaring at Kaiba who walked in shortly after me.

"Yeah." I said smiling.

"You sure AJ?" JM asked knowing something wasn't right.

"Yeah, I'm cool just a little flustered by Kaiba that's all." I said looking at said person who was in front of me.

"If he bother you again tell me." Joey said sweetly.

"Like you could do anything to me, mutt." Kaiba said right out of the blue.

"I don't remember talking to you." Joey growled at Kaiba.

I rolled my eyes at the two young men and JM also seemed to be a little annoyed that the two of them always seemed to fight at the wrong moment in time. I was getting tired of it so I was going to do something about it even if it meant I would have to spend an afternoon detention with Mr. Mihashi I didn't care as along as it made the two of them be quiet.

"Would you two knock it off!" I yelled at Joey and Kaiba.

"Yeah you two need to learn to get along." JM piped in rubbing her temples.

"I take it we touched a nerve?" Kaiba asked slightly surprised that I said anything.

I looked up at Kaiba as was about to give him a piece of my mind when the teacher walked in and looked straight at me and JM as if making sure we were there.

"Oh, I see our two new students made it alright." Mr. Mihashi asked.

"Yes Sir." I said forgetting about Kaiba for the moment.

"And I see you and Mr. Kaiba were in an argument." Mr. Mihashi stated seeing as I was glaring at Kaiba again.

"No not exactly sir." I said rolling my eyes in Kaiba's direction.

Mr. Mihashi didn't really seem to care as long as I was paying attention to his speech I was fine but if I wasn't paying attention that was a totally different story but lets just say I'd be in some serious trouble and on my first day to boot. Mr. Mihashi handed out the class assignments and went back to the front of the class to sit on the edge of his desk and study the whole class before speaking.

"Alright, I'm going to pair you off boy girl." Mr. Mihashi stated sternly.

"And since miss AJ you seem to not completely get along with Mr. Kaiba you two will be partners." Mr. Mihashi said.

"Yes sir." I said sadly not liking the idea at all.

"And miss JM you and Mr. Wheeler will be partners as well." Mr. Mihashi said.

"Now the boys only move to the seat next to your lab partners." Mr. Mihashi said.

So the boys did as they were told Kaiba was now sitting by me and JM and Joey were in front of us. I was not happy at all with this predicament yeah Kaiba wasn't bad looking but he was a royal pain in my ass right about now since this now makes two classes I'm partnered with Sir Grumpy or as Joey calls him Mr. Moneybags. I groaned in displeasure upon leaning that the person we now sat by was our lab partner for the rest of the semester. Kaiba apparently thought is was rather amusing that he and I get partnered together in Science as well as in History.

"Now lets not try to kill me." Kaiba said jokingly.

"Aww, why not?" I asked looking at him.

"Because you would have to do the History paper all by your self." Kaiba said tilting his head.

"True, ok so lets call a truce." I said to Kaiba who shook his head in agreement.

"Truce?" I asked putting my head out for him to shake.

"Truce." Kaiba said taking my hand.

"Good, now for you and Joey to call a truce." I said smiling slyly.

"Why do him and I have to call a truce?" Joey asked turning around.

"Because if Kaiba and I are going to be lab partners not to mention History partners, he is more than likely going to be hanging around me/us most of the time." I said looking from Joey to Kaiba.

"Alright." Joey said not at all to happy.

"Whatever." Kaiba said also sounding not to happy.

"Good." JM and I said in unison.

With that settled JM and Joey turned back around in their seats to pay attention to Mr. Mihashi who was talking about plants and animals. I sighed knowing that this day was almost over and soon JM and I would be back in Mr. Wakatsuki's car headed home for the evening.

End chapter 10