Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dreaming of You ❯ Dreaming ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

disclaimers: Sadly...Yugioh is not mine. If it were...hee hee, imagine the possiblities!!!

Yaoi!! Dont like, then dont read. Okay? Flames will not be tolerated and will be used to decorate my website. (...its not up yet..hrm)

I have a problem dont I? I start one fic when I have like 20 others to update!! I'm stupid.

Y.B: you can say that again

Akemi: Shut up Bakura!!

DREAMING OF YOU

(Ryou's POV)

Late at night....when all the world is dreaming I stay up and think of you. Am I fool? According to you I am. I'm also weak. Well, am I weak to love? Weak to care about you? I'm not you know. The only reason I haven't destroyed the Sennen Ring is because I love you Yami. The moon reminds me of you Yami. At night...you can almost be angelic. I've watched you sleep in your soul room. Its strange that during those times, you can be so serene. These wounds, these bruises seem completely irrevalant, like they never happened. I haven't told the others that your back. What would they say? Yami Yugi probably knows. I can't hide all the scars.

But...you have changed. When we made that truce..I never thought you'd violate it. I never thought you'd regress into your old ways. I can't stop loving you, Yami. There's too much depths to these emotions. I don't care what you do, I'm going to follow you. I'll follow you until my dieing day. Oh Yami, thats why...I can't be mad at you Yami. You want me to be, you want me to fight back and I never will. You'll have to kill me first. You won't do that, now will you? If I die, you are sealed into the Ring again. I feel sorry for the poor bastard who solves the puzzle. Or..maybe you could feel love for someone else. Not me. Never me. You need someone strong, not weak.

(End of Ryou's POV)

Ryou closed the journal, fingers skimming the leather. He'd bought the journal the minute his father gave him the Sennen Ring. Now, it was an escape from his life. The consant torment his Yami gave him, the neglect from his father who was always away on archaelogical digs, the ignoring from his so called friends. All in all, Ryou was alone. He had no body. Several weeks earlier, Ryou and Bakura had made a pact. Bakura swore to Ra he would never again hurt Ryou in any way, shape or form but the yami went back on his word. In blind rage, Bakura had beaten Ryou to a bloody pulp and the boy was in the hospital for a week. Ryou claimed he had gotten into a fight with some bullies. His friends believed him. Ryou rose from the bed, nearly every muscle aching in his body. He quickly undressed, noting the time on his alarm clock and crawled back into bed, pulling the covers over his head. In mintues, the white haired hikari was asleep.

Yami Bakura emerged from his soul room in a flash of light. He waited to make sure that Ryou was asleep before sitting on the bed beside him. He was beautiful. None could deny that. Bakura timidly smoothed a lock of white hair that had fallen into Ryou's lidded eyes. The smaller version of himself leaned into the touch. Bakura sighed, trailing his fingers to trace the delicate boys face. He lingered on a bruise that he had given Ryou just that very night for some absurd reason. Bakura sighed, brushing his lips against the spot. He tucked the blankets more comfortably around his hikari. "Oyasumi, Ryou." Bakura dissappeared into his soul room.

* ** *

Ryou grabbed the bread sticking from the toaster, picking up his bag, and running out the door. He had overslept before his yami was forced to wake Ryou himself. That ended in a new bruise scatterted with the several hundred others. Ryou threw his things unceremoniously into his locker, slamming it shut, and joining his friends in homeroom. Ryou smiled cheerfully at Yugi, masking his inner depression. Ryou caught a glimpse of Seto, his brow drawing in confusion. This was the first time for a few months that Seto had come to school. As Ryou approached the young billionaire, Ryou was self-concious of the scrutiny he was recieving from the older teenager.

"Ryou...."

"Kaiba...what brought you back?" Ryou asked good-naturedly in the English accent.

"I missed it," Kaiba said dryly, rolling his eyes. "Your yami's back." He pointed out, as if making on observation that it was raining outside. It wasn't a question, but a statemnt of a fact. Ryou searched his now frozen mind for plausible words but all the came out was gibberish. Kaiba nodded. "Why haven't you told anyone? I'm sure they would love to know that the insane pyschopath is back and might try to kill them again."

"You can't tell them!"

"Why not?"

"Because..." Ryou bit his lip, drawing blood.

Kaiba sighed, taking hold of Ryou's chin in his hands. "That bruise was caused by him, ne?" Ryou was too dumbfounded to speak. "No need to answer. I know he did it. Who else would think of hurting you?" His thumb stroked the bruise tenderly. "Why do you let him?" Kaiba asked softly, true pity in the cornflower blue eyes.

"I..I dont have a choice," Ryou whispered, not trusting himself to talk louder.

"No? I think you do. Just get rid of the Ring. Send it to another country. Then, he can't hurt you."

"You don't understand. I love...him," Ryou choked out. "But I suppose someone like you wouldn't understand that!" He found his voice again as he glared accusingly at Kaiba. "He has his reasons for hurting me...you didnt!"

"Ryou....You know I'm sorry for hurting you but I couldn't have given you what you wanted and niether can he."

"Maybe not..but he's there for me. Noone else..noone else is," Ryou turned from Kaiba and left the classroom as the bell rang. He gave his friends the cold shoulder the rest of the school day. By the time it school was dismissed, Ryou was heavy hearted. Seeing Kaiba, as much as he liked it, depressed him even further. He could never forgive Kaiba for breaking his heart because, in Ryou's mind, the wounds from that was still open. It would take time to mend.

Suddenly, Bakura split from Ryou and he glared at the doe eyed bishounen. "What the hell do you think you were doing?! Talking to Yugi and all of his pathetic friends is against my rules!" Bakura grabbed Ryou by the hair, forcing him to look at him. "Your such a little slut, you know that?! First it was that bastard Joey and now that bitch Kaiba? What the hell is wrong with you baka?! Didn't you learn a damn thing?!" Bakura punched his hikari across the face, the softer boy landing on the concrete, blood trickling from his nose. "You weakling! What, are you going to cry now?!" Sure enough, tears dropped down Ryou's cheeks. "Why do I waste my time on you?!" Bakura bellowed in his seething rage before returning to the Sennen Ring.

Ryou felt himself being hauled up by strong arms and coming face to face with Yami Yugi. Yami Yugi shook his head. "I can't believe you kept this from me. I could have protected you Ryou!" Ryou cringed at the angry tones in Yami's voice although he knew it wasn't directed at himself. Yami sighed, bringing Ryou into his arms. "Don't worry Ryou...I won't let him harm you."

"Yami.....I'm scared," Ryou's voice was muffled by Yami's clothes.

"I know you are Ryou. I can keep him from you Ryou. Do you want me to?"

"No...."

Yami sighed, understanding. "You love him?" Ryou nodded. "I figured as much. Is that why you kept it a secret?" Another nod followed by a sniffle. "Ryou...give him some time. Alright?"

"Yeah...."

"Listen, if he doesn't quit soon, tell me and I'll deal with him."

"Thank you Yami." Ryou flushed a crimson. "Would..would you walk me home?"

"Sure." Yami smiled, walking in silence to Ryou's house. Yami glanced at his friend, noting the scars on his slender body. 'How could someone do that? He's just like my little hikari. So pure.' An idea came to Yami's head. "I could stay longer with you then just..just a walk home."

Ryou nodded. "I'd like that."

"Me too...."

Bakura, in his soul room, had just turned his link with Ryou on again. He was bristling with anger at the meer thought of the damn Pharoah and Ryou being alone together. Noone, not even the Game King, was permitted to touch his hikari. Bakura materialized beside the two, eliciting two startled gasps. Bakura smirked at the glaring Yami. "Actually, Pharoah, I was wanting to spend some time alone with my hikari."

:What game are you playing Tomb Robber?:

:Game? None. If you don't leave, Pharoah, I'll kill him.: Bakura smiled sweetly at Yami who suddenly turned a pale white to livid red. :You heard me Pharoah. I. Will. Kill. Him. You know I will.:

"I had better return to Yugi. I'm sorry Ryou, perhaps another time." :I swear to Ra, if Ryou is harmed in any way....:

:Whatever. Just leave.:

Ryou watched nervously as Yami Yugi dissappeared, returning to his soul room. Bakura was still smirking evilly, ebony lined eyes narrowed manically. "Well, you really are a slut arent you? It's the damn Pharaoh this time? I'm impressed." Bakura grabbed Ryou's arm. "What did I tell you about letting him know I was here?"

"You..YOu...." Ryou couldn't finish, he was shaking too violently.

"Fool. I'm not going to hurt you." Ryou looked at Bakura as if he had gone mad which was probably true. "Why the pharoah?" Those three words were spoken softly, with a tinge of remorse.

"I dont like him Master."

"You dont?"

"He's my friend and I dont see him as anything more."

"You dont fantasize of him?"

"Of course not."

"Thats good news for you." Bakura smiled, shoving Ryou inside his bedroom and locking the door. "Who do you fantasize about?" Ryou was petrified. This was definetly a new side to his yami, one he didn't like in the least bit! He almost prefered the beatings. Bakura chuckled at the pure look of terror on Ryou's face. 'Have I really brought you that much pain?' Bakura went into the bathroom, running the water. "Ryou, you smell like that damn Pharoah. Get in." Bakura ordered, pointing at the tub. Ryou undressed, blushing as he stripped himself of his boxers. (an: drool) Bakura admired his aibou before hastily checking himself. He squirted a handful of the rose smelling shampoo, lathering it into Ryou's hair. Ryou tensed. "Don't worry. Didn't I tell you I wasn't going to hurt you?" Ryou murmured something before completely giving into his yami's administrations. Taking the soap in his hands, Bakura made a journey on Ryou's skin. Ryou wasn't muscular at all, but very toned and lean. There wasn't an ounce of fat on the boy. Unlike Bakura who's muslces were clearly seen in every move his body made, there was no way to tell that Ryou did. Bakura brought the showerhead and sprayed his hikari free of soap suds. Taking a towel, he dried the confused Ryou, handing him his clothes. "Get dressed. I know your tired."

Ryou dressed into the pajamas and crawled into his bed in a dazed stupor. Bakura closed the curtains, the dreary gray puffs of snow clouds adding its own darkness. The yami sighed, leaned down, and kissed Ryou's cheek. "Get some sleep. I'll come back and wake you up later on tonight so you can eat." Ryou was too absorbed in his thinking to answer. Bakura closed the door and Ryou was dislodged from his shock. He touched his hair, a smile coming to his lips. 'My yami washed my hair....Does he care?'

Bakura leaned against the door, a stray tear on his cheek that he didn't bother wiping. 'I hope that made you happy Ryou. I don't normally do those sort of things. You seemed so down and..I know it was because of me.' Bakura peeped inside the slitted door, Ryou was resting peacefully, clutching his pillow to his chest. Bakura allowed a smile to grace his lips before heading downstairs where he curled onto the couch and fell asleep, dreaming of his hikari.

***

TBC

Wow! Another ficcie from yours truly! (Dont you think I should focus on one and not do random ones that take me forever to update. Sigh. Its just I get ideas and this is what happens.)

Please read and review everyone! ^_^

(song below is the basis for some of the fic.)

Dreaming of You

Franne Gold & Tom Snow



Late at night when all the world is sleeping

I stay up and think of you

And I wish on a star that somewhere you are

Thinking of me too

Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight

Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight

And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather

Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

Wonder if you ever see me

And I wonder if you know I'm there

If you looked in my eyes

Would you see what's inside

Would you even care?

I just wanna hold you close

But so far all I have a dreams of you

So I wait for the day

And the courage to say how much I love you

Yes I do!

I'll be dreaming of you tonight

Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight

And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be

Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

Corazón

I can't stop dreaming of you

No puedo dejar de pensar en ti

I can't stop dreaming

Cómo te necesito

I can't stop dreaming of you

Mi amor, cómo te extraño

Late at night when all the world is sleeping

I stay up and think of you

And I still can't believe

That you came up to me and said "I love you"

I love you too!

Now I'm dreaming with you tonight

Till tomorrow and for all of my life

And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be

Than here in my room dreaming of you endlessly

Dreaming of you tonight

Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight

And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be

Than here in my room

I'll be dreaming of you tonight

Endlessly

And I'll be holding you tight

Dreaming...with you...tonight!